What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Bill McCartney hurting minority coaching prospects?

Do you think Bill McCartney is damaging minority coaching prospects?

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Bohner

Cooler than a Popsicle Stand.
Club Member
Yes or No?

Do you think that, by creating such a media circus over what does not appear to be in any way a racial issue, Bill McCartney is actually hurting the coaching prospects of minorities?

Personally, I think this makes it more difficult for qualified minority coaches, because of the needless headaches they may have to face due to race. Great job Bill!

100% and was my first thought as well......you want to know why African American coaches don't get as many opportunities as Caucasian coaches?? It's because if/when they fail this type of **** happens every single time

If anyone (schools) are paying attention this sh** fest, it is scaring the hell out of them.

I can't see this helping, but I'm not sure it really would have an impact. I would hope that programs are still looking at the best possible choices to help them succeed and wouldn't go into a hiring thinking about what the fallout might be if the coach fails.

I think it's good that the subject is brought up and addressed in the open. But in this case it is not applicable, despite Mac's assertions to the contrary, Embree was not ready to be a head coach. Even Steven A. Smith said you couldn't argue with Embree's results, they were that bad. He might be ready some day, I think he should go to a small school and learn about recruiting (I think he was lost in that dept) and how to run a college program. This might be an issue at some schools (cough SEC cough) but I don't think it is in Boulder.

Not at all. What hurts them is not getting coordinator positions. Don't blow this "Mac" thing out of proportion. It'll blow over.

Back