What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Gerald Thomas transferring? (Updated: No, he is not.)

2 weeks ago I posted this and got blasted for posting it .....now I have some new news for you guys there are like seven D1 schools and one in the Pac interested in GThomas.but, can't make contact til MB give them right to.
And yet a relative of Gerald Thomas says they have not heard anything about it...

Obviously Gerald could be thinking it without telling anyone but I would think that he would have discussed this with a relative before letting it get out. And let's remember, Ringo isn't exactly the most tuned in person right now.

2 weeks ago I posted this and got blasted for posting it .....now I have some new news for you guys there are like seven D1 schools and one in the Pac interested in GThomas.but, can't make contact til MB give them right to.
If he goes to a PAC school, instead of sitting out 1 year, he sits out 2. I doubt he would do that.

Always has seemed to me that GT and his family are very close. At this point everything is speculation until we actually get a legitimate source that confirms it. It is very posible that he is unhappy and worried about the new staff but so far the best source we have heard from is dad. He may know that dad want him to stick with CU so is delaying talking to him about it, not uncommon with college aged kids, but let's not freak out until we know something, but then it wouldn't be allbuffs.

Dang, i'd be really bummed. I think most people would agree, he is the most fun to watch on our offense.

I think for now we need to lock or delete this thread. Let's not give him any ideas. We need him for the pistol offense and would be a big loss.

I think for now we need to lock or delete this thread. Let's not give him any ideas. We need him for the pistol offense and would be a big loss.

Let's examine what you mean.

Your argument is that you don't want to discuss the likelihood that GT is going to transfer, and don't want to discuss his prospects BECAUSE you are afraid you are going to give him ideas that he hasn't thought of?

Such a high regard you have for our fellow students.

By this logic, you believe that it is best not to say anything around the football players lest they can no longer be exploited to their full extant? Are you serious?

I'm sure that in reality GT has a lot of concerns he is working through and he will make a decision which is in his long-run best interest. From what I have seen of his brief interview. he has a great deal of intelligence, self-awareness, and heart. I'm not sure the same thing can be said about all the dilletantes posting here (I'll wait for you to look it up if you need a sec).

:bang:

Your argument is that you don't want to discuss the likelihood that GT is going to transfer, and don't want to discuss his prospects BECAUSE you are afraid you are going to give him ideas that he hasn't thought of?

By this logic, you believe that it is best not to say anything around the football players lest they can no longer be exploited to their full extant? Are you serious?

I'm sure that in reality GT has a lot of concerns he is working through and he will make a decision which is in his long-run best interest. From what I have seen of his brief interview. he has a great deal of intelligence, self-awareness, and heart. I'm not sure the same thing can be said about all the dilletantes posting here (I'll wait for you to look it up if you need a sec).

Ahh. You are a student! Splains a lot.

Dude, get a life. You have too much time on your hands.

This post is 100% dooshtastic!! By no means was he calling GT or anyone dumb. You with the above post qualify though.

Talk to my boy he is not one of the ones talking about transferring it is all rumors he says he wants CU to have some coaching stability and don't won't to go through 3 coaches like some of the players on the team went through

Talk to my boy he is not one of the ones talking about transferring it is all rumors he says he wants CU to have some coaching stability and don't won't to go through 3 coaches like some of the players on the team went through

Great news! Can't wait to see him back on the field. Thanks!

well, for better (I hope), HCMM aint going anywhere for the next three years. CU has made a very very large financial commitment to him, and he's a damn good coach. So Mr. GT is limited to two coaches. Thanks for the info. I think GT is gonna LOVE this offense.

We agree! That's good news. Thanks for the update.

Really glad to hear this. Send Allbuffs' best to Gerald, he's certainly one of our favorites!

Thanks! I hope the transfer rumors are unfounded for some of the other players as well

He's gonna be a great player. Glad he's staying!

Good news. I hope all goes well for GT. I was very sorry to hear one jackassed fan got after GT at the Utah game. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that guy deserves a throat punch. Happy holidays to the Thomas Family.

Gerald's going to love the new system. They had like half a dozen guys catch over 25 balls (most of them 50+ balls) at San Jose State this season.

Back