What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Harris eligible for a medical red shirt for his sophomore year.

DavisBuff

Club Member
Club Member
He played less than two games before breaking his leg.
dont know if he wants to stay. Or if he could. But keeping Harris one more year would be huge. He is our best OL man by far.

Has he ever been healthy? It seems like he has been our opening day starter for years and never finished a season.

Has he already redshirted? How did he break his leg?

If he has already redshirted and broke it playing fooball it would be doubtful. The 6th year people normally have injuries outside of football.

Has he ever been healthy? It seems like he has been our opening day starter for years and never finished a season.

Surprize! Surprize! Get a new competent, college S&C coach and look what happens: previous years' causualty list dwellers like Harris and Handler stay healthy ALL SEASON LONG! I would love to see Harris apply for the MRS, outside of JCs, its tough to add "experience".!

Been a huge Forman fan since I studied what was accomplished by Stanford---where Forman was the chief assistant S&C coach, before MM snatched him for SJSU. A lot of "outside-the-box" thinking took place at Furd and now up in Boulder.

It bodes very well for the Buffs over the next few years. I hope our local recruits take serious notice of this !

From what I understand, it'd be a gimmie for Harris to get another year of eligibility. Having two bookend tackles like him and Nembot could help out the program a lot.

This question was asked on Rivals a month or so ago. Adam followed up and it seems that Harris may not apply for the sixth year. Iirc, he's earned his undergrad degree and is on pace to receive his masters this year. So, staying would entail going for a 2nd masters. Tone of the response seemed to indicate that it was unlikely he's coming back, but the door was left slightly open.

Would he have to declare and take courses towards a 2nd masters, or could he take general bs classes to stay eligible? just curious

Didn't Matt Leinart take one semester of ballroom dancing during his final season?

He wasn't working to a graduate degree.

I don't know if the NCAA allows working toward a 2nd undergrad degree or if a graduate has to be taking classes in a Master's or PhD program to continue eligibility at that point.

I've heard of guys getting multiple undergraduate degrees. I know it's at a lower level, but Arthur Ray plays for Fort Lewis College in Durango. He got a BA from Michigan State, transferred and is working on another bachelor's.

I hope that Harris really considers applying for a 6th year. We could use him. He has played well at LT and having him there next year would be huge. That would mean that 4 of our top 5 starters would return for next season. Also, it could help him in the NFL draft after next season. I don't think he is projected to go right now.

Until we hear of Harris playing in a Senior Bowl type event, we've got to assume this is a real possibility.

LT Harris
LG Crabb
C Munyer
RG Cotner/Redshirt Freshman rumble
RT Nembot

That could be a really nice line to stick in front of Sefo, Adkins, Powell and co.

LT Harris
LG Crabb
C Munyer
RG Cotner/Redshirt Freshman rumble
RT Nembot

That could be a really nice line to stick in front of Sefo, Adkins, Powell and co.

Irwin will start on the OL next year. If he hadn't gotten hurt, he probably would have won a job at some point this year. That's your RG (or Harris with Irwin at LT) if Harris were to come back.

I think it would be good for the Buffs and for Harris if he returns another year. He was fairly highly regarded coming out of HS but injuries and coaching inneptitude have kept his stock down. Another year could give him a much better shot at the NFL if that is something he wants.

I also think we are going to see some reshuffling of the OL next year. If Harris returns and Irwin is what we think he can be I think those are your tackles unless Nembot make some major strides with his footwork in the off-season. Another thing that could impact this is if we get a solid JUCO OT. Ideally we would have Harris at RT where he is better suited. We also shouldn't sleep on Mustoe coming back although I don't think this will be his year to grab a starting spot with his youth and coming off injury.

From among the freshmen who redshirted, look for Huckins and Kronshage to both make a major push in the spring. Both were good enough to have helped us this year if HCMM would have played this differently.

It's looking like we will finally have some depth on the line, if it's true what you guys are saying about Huckins, Kronshage and Mustoe. How much of an advantage is that?

If Harris is eligible for a sixth year, so is Parker Orms. Just saying.

A student-athlete can apply for a medical hardship waiver, which allows for an extra year of eligibility, if he or she suffers an injury or illness that prevents them from finishing the current season. The injury must occur during the first half of the season, and the player can't have participated in more than three games (or 30 percent of the scheduled games, whichever is greater).

After sitting out his first season (2009) as did Harris, Parker Orms tore his ACL in the first CU game he played and was out for the entire year (2010.)

If Harris is eligible for a sixth year, so is Parker Orms. Just saying.

A student-athlete can apply for a medical hardship waiver, which allows for an extra year of eligibility, if he or she suffers an injury or illness that prevents them from finishing the current season. The injury must occur during the first half of the season, and the player can't have participated in more than three games (or 30 percent of the scheduled games, whichever is greater).

After sitting out his first season (2009) as did Harris, Parker Orms tore his ACL in the first CU game he played and was out for the entire year (2010.)

Injury has to be the reason for missing 2 seasons, AJ. Harris would qualify but I don't see how Parker could. Parker didn't redshirt his first year due to injury, afaik.

Injury has to be the reason for missing 2 seasons, AJ. Harris would qualify but I don't see how Parker could. Parker didn't redshirt his first year due to injury, afaik.

Then it's my bad memory. I didn't recall Harris missing two seasons, Did he?

Then it's my bad memory. I didn't recall Harris missing two seasons, Did he?

He missed all of his RS-Freshman year with a shoulder injury.

The next year, he broke his leg in the 2nd game.

He'd have a good case if he chose to pursue it.

Back