What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is it time to rethink our expectations for CU football?

It's a sad day when football in Kansas and Mizzou matters and Colorado's not even mentioned in the same sentence as those two schools. Have we really fallen that far, we've become the K-State of the early 90's the laugh of the conference.

It pains me to say it, but the answer is yes. CU hasn't had a winning season since 2005. That's pathetic and this year certainly didn't start out looking like we will change that streak.

They might be living within their means, but my point was they don't have enough to compete with the Texas's, OUs, USCs, and now Oklahoma States of the college football world....

Without winning on the field their "means" might continue to get smaller and smaller every year. As we become more and more irrelevant sponsors like Nike put less and less money into the program for lack of exposure. That hurts the smaller sports like skiing, soccer, and cross country. And makes ticket sales and the dependence on Boosters more critical.

It pains me to say it, but the answer is yes. CU hasn't had a winning season since 2005. That's pathetic and this year certainly didn't start out looking like we will change that streak.

Also, don't go around thumping your chest and talking about "10 wins no exscuses" right around the time renewal letters started arriving in the mail.

Non-conference schedule...doesn't look that tough to me. CSU, Toledo, Wyoming, West Virginia - We beat CSU and WVU last year, Toledo and Wyoming - come on.....

Money - CU was 5th in the Big 12 in football Revenue in 2007 - more than Missouri or Kansas or Texas Tech.

In the past 4 years CU has redone the Dal Ward Center, got a practice bubble, doubled the recruiting budget, tripled the academic support budget, double the money for assistant coaches and has moved $3 million a year of expenses out of the AD to the general budget.

CU is spending money with little results.

Go look at CSU's budget and Revenues. It isn't the money.

Go look at CSU's budget and Revenues. It isn't the money.

Dude you're right - it's the head coach. Like I said in a previous post, CU had to rebuild from the ground up after the scandal and Barnett. Hawk was a perfect guy to rebuild the program, get recruits, work with Bohn to improve facilities, but not to WIN GAMES.

Now that we have a strong foundation and the dust has settled from the scandal, it is time to UPGRADE at head coach. Top tier coaches wouldn't have and didn't want anything to do with our program in 2006 but now we're primed to have a coach who knows how to call plays step in and use the talent we've got

It's a sad day when football in Kansas and Mizzou matters and Colorado's not even mentioned in the same sentence as those two schools. Have we really fallen that far, we've become the K-State of the early 90's the laugh of the conference.

That is why I created this thread in the first place. How MU does this year will go a long way in determing the North's pecking order for sometime.

NU has an exciting frosh QB who will be very, very, very good. Cody Green is the name and I hate NU with a passion. Just calling a spade a spade.

I'm going to put KU in MU's boots next season. If KU manages to have a solid season next season, KU, MU, and NU are clearly the top three programs in the North while CU, ISU, and KSU will be fighting for fourth place and a low tier bowl game for at least a few years.

This year is just very pivotal for CU's football team for the next few years.

I know two tix that went unused. My friend and his wife were going, baby sitter got sick so they were going to take the 1 year old. Until the found out the 1 year old need her own ticket.

Not a very good policy.

Wait, one year olds need their own ticket!? Is this true?

Back