What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is it too much to ask for the Buffs to be competitive on Friday?

Is it too much to ask for the Buffs to be competitive on Friday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Take a look at Florida's last 4 games. And next week they're at South Carolina.
Okay my bad but the point is, very few teams have had the stretch we have been going through, and all of them have much more talent than we do. Here's another interesting tid bit:

ARIZONA hasn't beaten Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington, or USC;
CAL hasn't beaten Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington, or USC;
OREGON STATE hasn't beaten Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington, or USC;
UCLA hasn't beaten Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington, or USC;
UTAH hasn't beaten Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington, or USC;
WASHINGTON STATE hasn't beaten Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington, or USC.

Unfortunately, I don't see us keeping it close. P-Rich will be primed for a big game, but I'm not sure Hansen will have much time to find him. I expect USC's D-line to dominate against our O-line. I also don't see our DBs being able to contain Robert Woods or Marqise Lee (both of whom went to high school with P-Rich at Gardena Serra). From the few minutes of the Stanford vs. USC game I saw, USC looked good.

On the other hand, Lane Kiffin is their coach so maybe we have a chance.

At least we can look forward to more Buffs yucking it up with friends post game after they get their ****ing heads caved.

Unexplainable results happen every week in CFB. UNLV crushing Ha-vai-ee, but getting crushed by everyone else (except CSU). Maryland beating Miami, then getting shut out at home to Temple. Texas Tech winning @ Oklahoma, then losing @ home (big) to Iowa State. We're due, and we actually have some intangibles in our favor. Plus, this USC is the easiest team we've played in over a month. We at least cover the spread.

Okay my bad but the point is, very few teams have had the stretch we have been going through, and all of them have much more talent than we do. Here's another interesting tid bit:

WASHINGTON STATE hasn't beaten Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington, or USC.

:bang:

Do you have a problem with it?

images

Come to think of it, LSU hasn't beaten those teams either so maybe we're not so bad after all. :huh:

Time for this team to show some heart and be competative. Not saying they win, but this is an opportunity to show folks they still care. Night game, black out, national tv, nothing to lose, a USC team that will be looking past the Buffs, circle the wagons in a true us vs them type of game, and finally just plain pride. If the Buffs cannot make a showing here, the team will quit and just go through the motions for the final three.

"So you're saying there's a chance..."
I think we give SC a scare (for a little while). They are still reeling from their loss to the cardinal - a game the spoiled children should have won. Add to that they are facing a Friday night game, away from home, still licking their wounds, cold CO weather, douche Kiffin is their coach, and they are guaranteed to look past us. If ever the boys of Troy were primed to be upset, this is the week.

This is our new conf rival and we have them at home when they are vulnerable. I say the buffs come out hard, play big and scare SC for almost a half before they wake up proceed to school us on big boy football.

Shocked that Creatini voted NO. Wonder if we get blown out will he still making the injury excuse, etc.

almost half the voters think we can be competitive today.

Shocked that Creatini voted NO. Wonder if we get blown out will he still making the injury excuse, etc.

almost half the voters think we can be competitive today.

Well injuries didn't help but we left six points on the field at minimum. If we could convert in the red zone it would have been closer but in the end USC just has too much talent and speed.

I'm rich bitch!

Well injuries didn't help but we left six points on the field at minimum. If we could convert in the red zone it would have been closer but in the end USC just has too much talent and speed.

I'm rich bitch!

4 RED ZONE CHANCES 10 POINTS out of 28, could have been much closer, but i'll stop trashing brown when you stop with the injuries.

Why is he covering usc's and one of the country's best wr's? I'd rather see a safety on woods than goodson. Like I said, I'll stop when you stop.
Because we don't have anyone else to put on him. Our safeties can't be covering him every play because they need to be able to pick up the WR going over the top. We don't have the personnel to go man to man.

Because we don't have anyone else to put on him. Our safeties can't be covering him every play because they need to be able to pick up the WR going over the top. We don't have the personnel to go man to man.

3 more weeks until the excuses are over.​ All these injured db's will be back next year.

Back