What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is it wrong of me to like Cal?

Look, how many times and in how many different ways can you say "we suck", "we won't win another game this year", "Dykes should be fired" and "The Air Raid and its direct progeny such as the Bear Raid represent an inherently flawed offensive system that is incapable of controlling the pace of the game and accordingly counterbalancing offensive production with defensive discipline"? But you get us started on yurts? Watch out.

It was as if your fans were largely accepting of it. As if it was inevitable. Some anger, but largely pensive posts on Cal fails of years gone by.

traffic was snarled this am due to an amazingly small amount of precipitation so i cut through berkeley. i was sitting at a light at a busy intersection. i glanced over at the sidewalk. there, in the middle of the sidewalk, next to the intersection, there was a pile of shoes. they were all black, high-heeled shoes with laces. like maybe 40 pairs and all basically identical...

i figure it was a sign. but, i'm not sure what it portends.

Craig James is in town?

Craig James is in town?

they didn't necessarily look like allegedly dead hooker shoes.

more like wicked witch from the wizard of oz shoes...

they were stacked up in a reasonably orderly fashion and there were no pedestrians nearby.

i think it may be of some spiritual meaning to our Buffs for this game.

traffic was snarled this am due to an amazingly small amount of precipitation so i cut through berkeley. i was sitting at a light at a busy intersection. i glanced over at the sidewalk. there, in the middle of the sidewalk, next to the intersection, there was a pile of shoes. they were all black, high-heeled shoes with laces. like maybe 40 pairs and all basically identical...

i figure it was a sign. but, i'm not sure what it portends.
Which car were you in?

Cal spent like a gajillion dollars on making its football stadium structurally capable of surviving a doomsday earthquake, meteor strike and tsunami hitting the bay.

In a lot of ways, Cal is like the girl in high school in your "friend zone" whose rich daddy spends a bunch of money to make look respectable (nose job, new boobs and head gear). Once she has healed and the head gear has come off, she's still in the friend zone but you may let her give you a hummer if she'll also help with your calculus homework while she's in your room.

Man we have lost our edge as fans. After so many years of completely sucking we have internalized all our hate.

There aren't nearly enough stories on opposing fanbase boards about how 'Grandma' got piss balloons or batteries thrown at her or her car was keyed while at the game.

I just did a google image search for "I love those goofy bastards" because it felt apt for this thread. Here is a picture that popped up!

Also, you guys didn't give Snow enough credit for his "hard sock" joke.

83.jpg

Man we have lost our edge as fans. After so many years of completely sucking we have internalized all our hate.

There aren't nearly enough stories on opposing fanbase boards about how 'Grandma' got piss balloons or batteries thrown at her or her car was keyed while at the game.

I thought it was batteries in the marshmallows that the students threw at kNU players on Blackout night? I thought that was really horrible, until I heard it was Nebraska. I have a long, long-time hatred of Nowledge U. Don't the Buffs play them again in a few years? You guys need to get the program back in shape by then.

I thought it was batteries in the marshmallows that the students threw at kNU players on Blackout night? I thought that was really horrible, until I heard it was Nebraska. I have a long, long-time hatred of Nowledge U. Don't the Buffs play them again in a few years? You guys need to get the program back in shape by then.
1. It was marshmallows in batteries (inside joke, sigh);
2. We also froze marshmallows (this is probably what happened);
3. That only used to happen in the student section. It was a marshmallow fight. Everyone got pegged.
4. Only an idiot fan sits in an opposing team's student section.
5. This is the kind of bull**** that kNU fans would spread about CU fans to show why we were soooo bad. Getting caught in the student marshmallow fight.
6. we still pushed grandmas down stairs and slashed tires and rioted.

Cal spent like a gajillion dollars on making its football stadium structurally capable of surviving a doomsday earthquake, meteor strike and tsunami hitting the bay.

And then hired Sonny Dykes

I call BS. Your sister (or anyone you know) doesn't look like these Cal alums:

9e98654d8172fa5bb77cc23c9aa01588.jpg
23c5eb2d52e95d80b36633e071cc9ee3.jpg
25100c15e981b93d5b57dfa40b366abc.jpg
43e336b632782b1a1572076f1a374ecf.jpg

Sigh. Bear doesn't know what a bear doesn't know. Fine specimens, you've posted, and I'm a fan of all. But you lose this one and it isn't even close.

Sigh. Bear doesn't know what a bear doesn't know. Fine specimens, you've posted, and I'm a fan of all. But you lose this one and it isn't even close.

*Sigh*. I tried but alas, those damn high admissions standards do get in the way.

Well, not all of them.

http://www.colorado.edu/news/releas...otball-star-finishes-rhodes-scholar-doctorate

However, Cal has offered a lot more academic admission exceptions to athletes than CU.

We've offered a lot more academic exceptions to hot chicks. I really don't think this is debatable.

Lol. Touché. Though to be honest, CU offers academic exceptions to all their students.

Problem is at Cal, our student athletes actually have to take rigorous classes. Thus our APR mess.

Lol. Touché. Though to be honest, CU offers academic exceptions to all their students.

Problem is at Cal, our student athletes actually have to take rigorous classes. Thus our APR mess.

Underwater basket weaving?

Well, not all of them.

http://www.colorado.edu/news/releas...otball-star-finishes-rhodes-scholar-doctorate

However, Cal has offered a lot more academic admission exceptions to athletes than CU.

We've offered a lot more academic exceptions to hot chicks. I really don't think this is debatable.

Wait just a minute here. Academic exceptions to hot chicks? I thought that was exclusively an ASU thing. If CU is doing it too, then we need to make some changes in the Cal admission office...... Stat!!!!!!

FYI - CU doesn't even offer Physical Education classes or a General Studies major. I don't know the specifics of every school in the Pac-12, but we definitely don't have an "athlete path" for APR course management.

Wait just a minute here. Academic exceptions to hot chicks? I thought that was exclusively an ASU thing. If CU is doing it too, then we need to make some changes in the Cal admission office...... Stat!!!!!!
It's embarrassing for you boys that this had to be explained. Enjoy the Monty Pythonathon.

Back