What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Jay Hinrichs our new Athletic Director?

You're missing the soccer coach from Metro State & Wyoming (Sanchez) who coached us to .500 last year after we went 5-13-2 the year before. So far, we're undefeated in the spring friendlies too.

I know we bitch about the "I-25" hires, but I'm having trouble finding fault with it beyond the perception issue.

Thinking out loud here, is there any simple explanation why the I-25 hires are proving successful at CU? Is it some sort of understanding of the state (or specifically, CU culture) or is it just plain dumb luck that we're 3/3 finding success by taking this route?

Thinking out loud here, is there any simple explanation why the I-25 hires are proving successful at CU? Is it some sort of understanding of the state (or specifically, CU culture) or is it just plain dumb luck that we're 3/3 finding success by taking this route?

I think it mostly has to do with the individuals. If you hire people who have been successful, they're likely to continue being successful. Probably helps that there's a cultural fit with the greater CU community, but I don't think Colorado's a very difficult place to fit in so that's a minor point. Maybe in some cases it makes an impact coming from a state university in CO since the person would be familiar with the dynamics and challenges at the university with consideration to the state's lack of higher ed funding.

Found this photo of Tad from when Hinrichs hired him in 2006:

514500.jpeg

ALL THAT HAIR! *swoon*

Highly doubt this. I spoke with Ceal last night and she's either incredibly mislead or the search is going to last a few months. I wouldn't completely rule out the former given our admin, but she still very much thinks that she's in the running.

Highly doubt this. I spoke with Ceal last night and she's either incredibly mislead or the search is going to last a few months. I wouldn't completely rule out the former given our admin, but she still very much thinks that she's in the running.

Is it because of her proven fundraising track record or her unrivaled business acumen?

Is it because of her proven fundraising track record or her unrivaled business acumen?

No need to hate on Ceal because our admin is worthless. I'm sure you would decline if you were offered your dream job even though you would be in over your head.

Also, are we sure that the Tribune isn't just speculating based on the fact that we took Tad from them?

I do not like the idea of Hinrichs as the next CU AD. I don't think there is much difference between Hinrichs and Bohn.

UNC joined the Big Sky in 2006. They have yet to have a winning season in football but came close last season. This upcoming season could finally be UNC's first winning season in the Big Sky which is UNC's 8TH SEASON. Are we willing to put up with another five years of suckage in football? I don't think so and my fan loyalty for CU (admittingly) is hanging by a thread or two.

UNC did upgrade a lot of their facilities with the move to D1 but I recall that the students did vote to increase their activity fees to fund such things. I am not sure how much boosters and alumni chipped in. I'm not sure how a vote would go over in Boulder.

Greeley Tribune says he was 'apparently forced out'. If so, no chance he's coming here

No need to hate on Ceal because our admin is worthless. I'm sure you would decline if you were offered your dream job even though you would be in over your head.

Sacky didn't say he'd blame her for taking the job, he wondered why she thinks she's qualified. Talk to the points.

Sacky didn't say he'd blame her for taking the job, he wondered why she thinks she's qualified. Talk to the points.

Fair enough Mrs. Sacky - my apologies that I didn't grill her on her arguments for being considered for the job. I was merely reporting the fact that neither she nor coach Mac had any clue that significant movement had occurred on this front. Having only spoken to Ceal once in my life, I'm guessing that her appointment as interim AD and her 30 year commitment to the university played roles in her optimism.

I have little doubt that Ceal is optimistic. The fact that she possesses none of the qualities that Phil said were important shouldn't tamper her optimism. Remember who will be makin this decision. What he said two weeks ago when he fired Bohn has no bearing on the current situation. As I said somewhere else: it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Phil discovers he just fired a guy who is better than 90% of the people out there, and the other 10% don't want to have anything to do with Phil. So we end up with Ceal, and then a fundraiser to help finish the facilities plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This idea of Ceal Berry becoming the full time AD is about as stupid as Les Miles coming back to CU in 2011...

I have little doubt that Ceal is optimistic. The fact that she possesses none of the qualities that Phil said were important shouldn't tamper her optimism. Remember who will be makin this decision. What he said two weeks ago when he fired Bohn has no bearing on the current situation. As I said somewhere else: it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Phil discovers he just fired a guy who is better than 90% of the people out there, and the other 10% don't want to have anything to do with Phil. So we end up with Ceal, and then a fundraiser to help finish the facilities plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I think you misinterpreted the point I was trying to make with my initial comment as I did similarly with my response. What was surprising to me was the fact that Phil was nowhere to be seen at the alumni event in Chicago yesterday. Typically, Phil attends these types of events and sulks in the back while others do the pep talking.

Back