What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is our Kansas win losing luster?

Unless I previously respect your basketball opinion on other topics, I immediately assume anyone who thinks Wiggins isn't that good doesn't know **** about basketball. Comparing him to a Kobe or Jordan or Lebron right now is foolish.

from what I can recall, I respect your bball opinion and jokes. I have no idea what you think of my posts...but I would like to think I am knowledgeable fan. One of my pet peeves going into this year were the expectations put on Wiggins and Parker. Parker has exceeded my expectations (I personally had lower expectations than national media), and Wiggins has disappointed. Wiggins is the superior athlete, but his game just isn't there yet. He is good, but he is not the generational player everyone keeps thinking he is. Comparisons to Lebron are ridiculous - he just doesn't have a polished enough basketball game yet. That comes through hard work and time, and it's been long rumored that he isn't the gym-rat character to really achieve this. Will he be a pro - definitely. Will he be a great pro - who knows, but it's not a resounding yes. I guess I'm a little unsure as to why you think Wiggins is so good...

As for this title's thread...I remember when we beat KU back in I think '03. It was one of the greatest games I've been to. It was sort of like beating Nebraska, but a little more special due to our bball team not being anywhere close to KU historically. ANYTIME we beat KU is great. I know Spencer and the team may not agree with that though, as they're trying to elevate expectations. Great. But to us fans, I think we should really savor this KU victory. They're a good team - just ask Duke fans...KU will do well in the Big 12, and solidly beat a Duke team that will do well in the ACC. This is a resume building win when it comes to selection time.

MJ didn't come into the NBA until after his soph season at UNC. Some considered him the #1 Frosh in the country but it was up for debate. He certainly wasn't dropping 25 a game or being compared to Dr. J at 18. Kobe barely played a lick his rookie year in the NBA, finished 2nd in the 6th man award his 2nd year and didn't become a full time player until his third year. You said Wiggins is just a guy in the ME generation which implies that he is average and selfish. Well, one, everyone who gets paid to analyze or coach basketball would disagree with you that Wiggins is just a guy. Two, is he selfish or not selfish enough? Kobe dropped 81 pts in one game but he's not a part of the ME generation. The ME generation is just a buzz phrase the media uses to get old people to click links and hate on selfish youth as they've done for a millennia. But I digress...The Buffs beat a team littered with NBA prospects and Wiggins is a shoo-in lottery pick. Don't diminish that. Go Buffs!
He actually stayed for three years, back then it wasn't too common to leave before that and many players such as Patrick Ewing stayed all four years.

from what I can recall, I respect your bball opinion and jokes. I have no idea what you think of my posts...but I would like to think I am knowledgeable fan. One of my pet peeves going into this year were the expectations put on Wiggins and Parker. Parker has exceeded my expectations (I personally had lower expectations than national media), and Wiggins has disappointed. Wiggins is the superior athlete, but his game just isn't there yet. He is good, but he is not the generational player everyone keeps thinking he is. Comparisons to Lebron are ridiculous - he just doesn't have a polished enough basketball game yet. That comes through hard work and time, and it's been long rumored that he isn't the gym-rat character to really achieve this. Will he be a pro - definitely. Will he be a great pro - who knows, but it's not a resounding yes. I guess I'm a little unsure as to why you think Wiggins is so good...

As for this title's thread...I remember when we beat KU back in I think '03. It was one of the greatest games I've been to. It was sort of like beating Nebraska, but a little more special due to our bball team not being anywhere close to KU historically. ANYTIME we beat KU is great. I know Spencer and the team may not agree with that though, as they're trying to elevate expectations. Great. But to us fans, I think we should really savor this KU victory. They're a good team - just ask Duke fans...KU will do well in the Big 12, and solidly beat a Duke team that will do well in the ACC. This is a resume building win when it comes to selection time.

Fair. I guess it has a lot to do with people's expectations. If you're the #1 prospect and people compare you to the three best basketball players of all time, who wouldn't be disappointed that he isn't an NBA allstar yet? He's 9 games in and (without looking it up) is averaging 17 points and probably some other stats. That's p ****ing good, imo. He's only going to get better. No, he won't ever be as good as lebron, kobe, or jordan. But who is?

Anyway, that's enough talk from me about that team. Our game is over, we won, we'll probably not see them again for a long time. So, Marcus Smart. Anyone wanna call him overrated? Probably after we beat them in Vegas. I can't wait to see him play live. I don't care if he goes for 30 or 3 as long as we beat their ass. And if he does go for only 3, I'll still think he's really ****ing good. It'll just mean Spence, Ski, Hop, and others played better.

Fair. I guess it has a lot to do with people's expectations. If you're the #1 prospect and people compare you to the three best basketball players of all time, who wouldn't be disappointed that he isn't an NBA allstar yet? He's 9 games in and (without looking it up) is averaging 17 points and probably some other stats. That's p ****ing good, imo. He's only going to get better. No, he won't ever be as good as lebron, kobe, or jordan. But who is?

Anyway, that's enough talk from me about that team. Our game is over, we won, we'll probably not see them again for a long time. So, Marcus Smart. Anyone wanna call him overrated? Probably after we beat them in Vegas. I can't wait to see him play live. I don't care if he goes for 30 or 3 as long as we beat their ass. And if he does go for only 3, I'll still think he's really ****ing good. It'll just mean Spence, Ski, Hop, and others played better.

Smart's probably the best player we'll face all season. Curious to see what we do D wise. Are we going to put XJ on him? Spencer? Or are we going to go the Wiggins route and just send waves of guys (and fouls) after him?

Smart's probably the best player we'll face all season. Curious to see what we do D wise. Are we going to put XJ on him? Spencer? Or are we going to go the Wiggins route and just send waves of guys (and fouls) after him?

If he'd gone pro, I think he'd be leading consideration for NBA ROY now that Michael Carter Williams has the knee issue.

If he'd gone pro, I think he'd be leading consideration for NBA ROY now that Michael Carter Williams has the knee issue.

Agreed. I LOVE Smart. Kid is an absolute beast. Hopefully the competitiveness of the Mayor comes out in that game because we're going to need a huge effort from him.

I would argue that Kansas has two 2014 lottery picks on that roster

Definitely. Question being does Embiid go ahead of Wiggins? I think so. Embiid might not fall past the top 2 picks. Either way, I think we can all agree there's no diminishing a Buffs BB win over Kansas. Ever.

Unless I previously respect your basketball opinion on other topics, I immediately assume anyone who thinks Wiggins isn't that good doesn't know **** about basketball. Comparing him to a Kobe or Jordan or Lebron right now is foolish.

I don't understand why people have to compare a young guy to some of the GOATs. People put that on Lebron when he was 18. Wiggins may or may not become an NBA HOFer. He isn't there yet, but he is still maturing physically and emotionally. That's a huge burden to bear being the "next MJ" when you haven't played a second of professional ball. His ceiling is much higher than anyone we have on our team, but if he doesn't want it or gets injured he won't be mentioned in the same breath. If he had come here I couldn't imagine the accolades we'd give him.

Just a crotchety old man harping about dem younggins. The NBA isn't as "thug" as some claim it to be (look at who says that) or about the "me generation." It's bball. It's always been like that. It's not like Bird or Magic didn't put the team on their back and want to be the league/finals MVP and win 5 rings and, and.... Puh-lease.

Back