What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Recruiting as good as I think it is?

GoBuffs!!

Club Member
Club Member
So I have only been following Basketball Recruiting for the past year or so, but it seems that Boyle is just going nuts on the recruiting circuit.

Is this because we are getting more insight into how recruiting works?

Did Bz or Patton have these kinds of guys visiting, just not commiting? Or were they even talking to them?

The types of classes Boyle is putting together, I really think that along with good coaching we could be producing not only PAC12 championship teams, but teams that could legitimatly have a national championship as a goal.

I kinda followed b-ball recruiting for several years. I know we were mentioned as a school of interest for some upper-middle tier talent, but we never seemed to get the visits or commitments. Since Tad's been in office, I feel like I'm riding on a rocket ship.

Honestly, I'm floored at how well we're doing right now. I expected to se an improvement this year, but as 'Nik has pointed out we're recruiting like a team that has made the tourney the last few years. Seriously, if you look at our list then you'll see that all the comparable teams were either in the tourney last year or are teams that are usually in the discussion. It's unreal.

Now it is at this point that I do want to make one disclaimer -- just because we're getting the visits doesn't mean we're getting the guys. There's a chance that we could end up with Scott, Gordon and two mid-level type prospects. Honestly, I think we're going to do better than that, but it is still possible at this point. But I think we've laid a nice groundwork so that we can land a 5* in 2013 like Hamilton or possibly even Thomas.

Coach Boyle is doing a great job on the trail. There is very little room for error this day in age so it will be interesting to see how many of these guys pan out. It sure hurts to lose a guy like Cain, but hopefully CTB can rebound with the extra roster space.

Since Cain has left the team, is it possible that Tad & Co. might look to the JC ranks next year? Might help balance things out a bit. Just opining here -- I tend to like the HS recruits better than those from JC -- but it might be a good stop-gap move.

Seems like it. I'll wait til we actually get these guys to commit tho before getting excited

Back