What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who said about him being fired on the spot? If he loses to csu, that will tell us all we need to know about what's coming in the pac 12. Expwct to lose and win,?Awesome. Expect to win and lose, same old cu. Fans not players. I don't want another coaching change, let's win and go to a bowl, continue momentum.

Damn right. Go Buffs

I voted yes because if we lose it means we really suck. CSU wasn't any good before they lost a lot of players.

Why does everyone keep saying ASU should be a win or is the must win? It is Arizona who we have been battling it out with. ASU has been whooping us as bad as Stanford and Oregon.

Arizona UCLA and Utah have been the close games that we need to finally turn the tide on. If we can win those 3 plus CSU and Idaho then all we have to do is beat OSU or WSU to reach our bowl. Those 3 are the hump we need to overcome.

Why does everyone keep saying ASU should be a win or is the must win? It is Arizona who we have been battling it out with. ASU has been whooping us as bad as Stanford and Oregon.

Arizona UCLA and Utah have been the close games that we need to finally turn the tide on. If we can win those 3 plus CSU and Idaho then all we have to do is beat OSU or WSU to reach our bowl. Those 3 are the hump we need to overcome.
The better question is why oh why are so many people ignoring that WSU is actually good now, top four in conference good, just like last year. ASU on the other hand is slipping and we get them at home.

Unfortunately I think CSU will determine everything else regarding our season:
momentum, expectations, talent level, readiness, etc.

We need to come out of hte gates and just tear them up and send notice that CU is back.

Once taht is done we can turn our attention to the PAC. If we lose to CSU, with our current level of everything,
it mighit just be too much to expect a bowl game this year.

I wouldn't assume that because we've played UCLA close a couple times that it gives us a better chance this year. Rosen was a freshman last year and is much better than Hundley - I think we'll be heavy underdogs in that game.

I voted no. But if CSU is a loss, then MM better win a road game, and better go to a bowl game.

I will lose interest early this season, and likely not make it to Folsom at all if they lose. I'm really, really tired of having my hopes dashed week one and then watching for those little moments each game that give me hope for next season.

I'm not a casual fan. I've been all-in since the Mallory Era, but I have no more patience. I know I'm not alone. Many have not made it this far.

A loss to CSU and RG better get a new carrot to dangle in front of me for the next few years.

I will lose interest early this season, and likely not make it to Folsom at all if they lose. I'm really, really tired of having my hopes dashed week one and then watching for those little moments each game that give me hope for next season.

I'm not a casual fan. I've been all-in since the Mallory Era, but I have no more patience. I know I'm not alone. Many have not made it this far.

A loss to CSU and RG better get a new carrot to dangle in front of me for the next few years.
Funny you should say that. I was poking around yesterday, considering buying tickets to 3 home games. I paused and said "Let's see how this CSU game plays out, then I will commit my time and resources to watching games in person this season."

Comes down to ASU has lost a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball and hasn't done a good job replacing it. They will be breaking in a new quarterback and their defense, while still good, is likely to take a step back.

Basically ASU is as vulnerable as they have been since we joined the conference. Plus its a home game.

No brother, you are not alone. Practically, the only ones left are the diehards. I have to admit, my excitement for the season is at an all-time low. Usually, I am pretty pumped for another season, and combing through the pre-season mags, the FB schedule, my son's athletic schedule and trying to find what games I can make without missing out on my son's games. Now, I am pretty much just planning my son's activities and catching the game on the tube. A decade plus of **** FB will do that to you.

Losing to CSU would be it for MM, if he can't put a team together to beat a Mountain West team then it is time to part ways, make Leavitt Interim coach for the season and start winning games.

I still maintain that the Hawaii opener horror show sucked all the air out of the room last season. Player confidence took a huge hit. Fans were in a stunned fetal position for the year after taking that nut shot. It also took a slim bowl game hope pretty far out of reach by requiring at least 1 more upset to get there.

This year, I see the CSU game the same way. It's either confirmation that things are happening and a confidence boost for the team & fans... or it sucks all the air out of the season.

More than just for the season, I think it goes a long way toward determining HCMM's future with the program.

This is about the closest I'd ever be to calling an opener a "must win game".

Really hoping that it's a celebration in a couple weeks.

It's nearly do or die in my humble opinion. I say that because the game, on paper, looks to be an easier win than the team we played last year. Also, as others point out, the actual standard for MM's survival appears to be getting to 6 wins and a bowl. Losing to CSU complicates that goal.

For me the Hawaii loss I thought was due to the ****ty kickoff time and jet lagged team that was trying to play a game with their body clocks staring at 2am. Some of the players I am sure figured out how to adjust and were ready. But some didnt. After that loss, and the shakeup of the Offensive coaching staff, suggested to me that there were a host of issues.

It's nearly do or die in my humble opinion. I say that because the game, on paper, looks to be an easier win than the team we played last year. Also, as others point out, the actual standard for MM's survival appears to be getting to 6 wins and a bowl. Losing to CSU complicates that goal.

For me the Hawaii loss I thought was due to the ****ty kickoff time and jet lagged team that was trying to play a game with their body clocks staring at 2am. Some of the players I am sure figured out how to adjust and were ready. But some didnt. After that loss, and the shakeup of the Offensive coaching staff, suggested to me that there were a host of issues.
It wasn't because the Oline couldn't figure out Hawaii's stunts?

This reminds me. I was going to post an "Over/Under on total number of I quit AllBuffs/Buffs" posts/threads for this season. I think we've been running pretty steady at about 5-10 per year. Only about half of them stick, though.

This reminds me. I was going to post an "Over/Under on total number of I quit AllBuffs/Buffs" posts/threads for this season. I think we've been running pretty steady at about 5-10 per year. Only about half of them stick, though.
Speaking of... I miss Gary Indiana. Why did he leave again?

Back