What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your point is a good one - this program can't afford a slow or embarrassing start when virtually the entire fanbase is teetering on the edge of apathy anyway. A loss to CSU definitely signals another lost season - can't let it happen.

the only way a CSU loss would be acceptable would be if we made up for it by beating Michigan

lets just hope it doesn't come down to that

A win at Michigan absolutely does NOT make a loss to CSU acceptable. They are independent of each other.

I don't think so. I think we can have a successful season if we go 2-1 OOC. However they manage to accomplish that. Obviously a win at Michigan after somehow losing to CSU is pretty unlikely. I suppose beating CSU and Michigan and losing to Idaho State would work as well.

This reminds me. I was going to post an "Over/Under on total number of I quit AllBuffs/Buffs" posts/threads for this season. I think we've been running pretty steady at about 5-10 per year. Only about half of them stick, though.
Didn't say I'd quit. Said I'd lose interest and likely not attend the games. I'll never quit.

In 2000 CU went 3-8. I remember a lot of people being down on CU and saying Barnett was not the right guy. But in 2000 most of those losses were by a close margin. They had a ton of returning starters for the 2001 season and I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone what happened in the 2001 season. Sound familiar?

There is some positivity for all of you on this beautiful Friday (14 days out from the opener)

In 2000 CU went 3-8. I remember a lot of people being down on CU and saying Barnett was not the right guy. But in 2000 most of those losses were by a close margin. They had a ton of returning starters for the 2001 season and I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone what happened in the 2001 season. Sound familiar?

There is some positivity for all of you on this beautiful Friday (14 days out from the opener)
something something cupboard yadda yadda apples, oranges...and such

Was that the year Gary got us beat 70-3?

Nice trolling on the 2001 reference. You conveniently forget that Barnett planted the seed of conference championship possibilities at Big 12 Media Days. MacIntyre is still trying to figure out what his players' goals are and what his goals are for 2016.

In terms of recovering from an opening defeat, there's the Fresno State loss from 2001 and the CSU loss from 2002. I feel like I point to those every time the Buffs lose a season opener. The fact is that there isn't anywhere near the talent on this team that there was on those early 2000s Barnett squads. There's just no margin for error.

They have to start the season 2-0 if they want to even think about a bowl game. I will eat my hat if they lose to CSU and then win as many conference games this year as they have in their first five seasons in the league (5). I'm still having trouble seeing them winning four, which they'll have to do to go bowling unless they somehow beat Michigan.

In terms of recovering from an opening defeat, there's the Fresno State loss from 2001 and the CSU loss from 2002. I feel like I point to those every time the Buffs lose a season opener. The fact is that there isn't anywhere near the talent on this team that there was on those early 2000s Barnett squads. There's just no margin for error.

They have to start the season 2-0 if they want to even think about a bowl game. I will eat my hat if they lose to CSU and then win as many conference games this year as they have in their first five seasons in the league (5). I'm still having trouble seeing them winning four, which they'll have to do to go bowling unless they somehow beat Michigan.
What's the hat look like? Asking for a fiend

What's the hat look like? Asking for a fiend

AssHat.jpg

There are a lot of fiends on this board.

Back