What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AssHat.jpg

There are a lot of fiends on this board.
Pun was intended. Fiend has Scoooop

Actually, Gary Indiana had a really strong streak of the censor in him. He couldn't stand to read anything that he didn't agree with. Must be a frustrating way to live. Other than that, he seemed to be an OK guy.

Actually, Gary Indiana had a really strong streak of the censor in him. He couldn't stand to read anything that he didn't agree with. Must be a frustrating way to live. Other than that, he seemed to be an OK guy.
He was a great guy, other than being a no it all a hole that thought he was smarter than everyone else.

I guess I did not realize he was gone, is that bad?

No. Weird things can happen the first week of the season.

Pragmatic but correct post.

No one will or should be happy, but I do not think a loss would automatically mean the season is over.

The season is not over. If its anything like coaching Soccer your kids are only as good or as prepared for the kids they've been practicing against. So you could be surprised. For soccer we see in a loss what we need to try and fix in practice.

Losing to CSU would be it for MM, if he can't put a team together to beat a Mountain West team then it is time to part ways, make Leavitt Interim coach for the season and start winning games.

RG is not going to fire MM after game one. I'd say that if we get to game 7 and we are winless the end is coming.

If we look bad against CSU, I really think there will be a short leash. There is no excuse to lay an egg against CSU. MikeMac better be able to win with an experienced team. It won't take a season or even very long into the season to see what we truly have with MikeMac. If we suck against CSU, there should be little patience. MikeMac has already stated he expects this team to be much improved. Prove it or move on.

I can understand a weird thing happening now and then, but if he loses this one, he'll be 1 for 4 in season openers against low to middling Mountain West teams in games we're favored. That would be an unacceptable trend. Though I think we're going to stomp these guys.

Fair.

I can understand a weird thing happening now and then, but if he loses this one, he'll be 1 for 4 in season openers against low to middling Mountain West teams in games we're favored. That would be an unacceptable trend. Though I think we're going to stomp these guys.
Exactly! I really have come to kind of dread the opener for that very reason. Mac does not seem to prepare his team well for openers. This team is often slow out of the blocks in many games. I thought our approach to Hawaii last year was plane stupid given it was the first game of the year. We were still on Mountain time.

The players aren't dumb.

If we lose to CSU it's hard to see them having any real hope against Michigan. That would mean that they lose 2 out of the first 3 and they know what they have done in conference recently.

This team isn't talented enough to win many games without being motivated and focused and those losses would take away a lot of that. Losing to CSU could result in another 2-4 win season. At that point I don't see how RG not seriously look at making a change.

Back