What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is there a team in the Nation

OUBuff

American
that misses more lay-ups than CU?

I can't believe the number lay-ups this team misses. What, maybe 3-4 more wins with a couple more made shorties... come on Buffs go strong to the hole!!!!

We're too soft around the basket. Finesse team.

These guys need another year in the weight room and a couple big guys with nasty attitudes added to the front line.

Until then, though, I wish they'd take to heart something I heard Bobby Knight say on a broadcast last week. He said he never worried about blocked shots because 80% of them go out of bounds anyway and you end up with the ball back.

Guys need to forget about that and take it strong because if you're falling away and trying to avoid contact, you won't draw fouls and you're probably more likely to get your shot blocked anyway.

I'm sure part of the problem is that the team is not used to playing against large and physical defensive players in practice. When they go against top notch big 12 dudes in games, they freak out like deers in unleash's crosshairs.

I'm sure part of the problem is that the team is not used to playing against large and physical defensive players in practice. When they go against top notch big 12 dudes in games, they freak out like deers in unleash's crosshairs.

or maybe they have too much speed going to the basket and the ball comes off the backboard too hard. Lets goes with your version and pretend they practice dance moves and handstand during practice.

or maybe they have too much speed going to the basket and the ball comes off the backboard too hard. Lets goes with your version and pretend they practice dance moves and handstand during practice.

Uh...they are college players...by now they should know how to adjust the ball speed compared to your body speed when shooting a layup. Most basketball players figure that out early in high school...

Yeah, problem is they're going up soft focusing on contact or getting their shot blocked instead of aggressively jamming or banking it home.

Yeah, problem is they're going up soft focusing on contact or getting their shot blocked instead of aggressively jamming or banking it home.

Ding ding ding, they need to go up and try to make the basket. If you make the basket it doesn't matter whether or not the refs called the foul because you get 2 points. If you try to draw the foul you either get nothing or you get a chance to earn your two points. First option is better.

Back