What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is this team more talented, or better coached?

it will always be the coaching.... even as the talent gets better.... Tad is a great coach... look at what he did to get to Colorado... took over the worst D1 program in the nation and within a handful of years and w/ mediocre talent at best sent UNC Greeley to an NCAA tourney 3 years ago(the year CU was snubbed). W/ the current cast and that of the last 2 years, he's outcoached just about everyone in the P12... heck even last years regular conference champs, Washington ended up in the NIT....the talent level will continue to get better and better... but just watch... Tad is going to get better exponentially!!

To be honest, I think Tad's first team is the most talented ever. Scorers like Burks and Higgins that can take over a game, Levi who can hit a three whenever, and Dre coming off the bench? No disrespect to this team because they are VERY talented and young which promises a bright bright future, but I think that team was more talented. Just had a tougher conference IMO.

However, I think for how young this team is, there's not another team like it in CU's history. You play 1 senior and have a 20 win season? Unheard of in these parts as far as I know. Next year will be something special and fun to watch I can promise you that.

Last edited:
I think I'm most impressed by the lack of attrition there has been in the CU program, since Boyle took over. Lot of times, new coaching regimes mean a lot of players leaving the program. But Boyle was able to basically keep all of Bzdelik's roster in tact and build upon it every year in recruiting. That first year was probably Boyle's most important year, because if the team did suffer major attrition, CU would likely be in a much different place right now.

To be honest, I think Tad's first team is the most talented ever. Scorers like Burks and Higgins that can take over a game, Levi who can hit a three whenever, and Dre coming off the bench? No disrespect to this team because they are VERY talented and young which promises a bright bright future, but I think that team was more talented. Just had a tougher conference IMO.

Problem was that the talent was all in the backcourt and we couldn't bang. Dre was so raw as a frosh. Dufault wasn't the same guy he was as a senior, either. He still had a SG mentality and was forced to play center.

But, yeah. Same squad with a couple years of indoctrination into Tad's defensive system and mentality... Sweet 16.

So no one can argue that this is the best colorado basketball has been in a long long time.

But

Is this because Tad has brought in more talent than anyone else has recently? or Tad has been coaching what he has more effectivly?
:huh:

Back