What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#IsitNovemberYet? - Hype thread

I expect Ski to take it to another level this year.

Why? Sense of urgency. He's a senior and this is his last go around. I think we'll see any or all of - an increase in defensive intensity and focus, leadership (it's now fully "his team"), and end-game "want to".

I might be wrong on the history, but I think Ski will be the first CU player to play in 4 NCAA tourneys (yes, I did go there).

I'm not quite sure where to put this so im putting it here... The Nuggets just announced a preseason Game at Coors on OCT 21 vs Portland...so $$$$

I expect Ski to take it to another level this year.

Why? Sense of urgency. He's a senior and this is his last go around. I think we'll see any or all of - an increase in defensive intensity and focus, leadership (it's now fully "his team"), and end-game "want to".

I might be wrong on the history, but I think Ski will be the first CU player to play in 4 NCAA tourneys (yes, I did go there).

While he's at it, he may as well lead us to the Elite 8. He doesn't want to leave CU with a losing record in the Dance.

Wish there was a former Buff on the visiting team, but I really like this idea. The more attention the pro teams bring to CU the faster we can grow the fan base.

are we really doing a Utah schedule this year? I kinda thought it was between our super RPI schedule last year and what Utah did.

Utah was an extreme example. It's nowhere near that bad. But it's definitely a team playing down a notch in it's non-conference schedule. I, personally, am 100% ok with this. The team needs the time to become cohesive and it's not an RPI killer as both Nik and Rumblin have shown. It's just not murderers row.

517c625e2b79ab859d44adb204c751d9.jpg

Oh my Jelly.

This. I'm very glad our non-conference schedule doesn't have the murderers row that last year did. The team needs confidence. The Utah route is definitely the way to go this year.

We'd have to replace our top few opponents with St.Katherine's, Evergreen State, BYU Idaho, Savannah State and such to go the "Utah route". Record breaking weakness.

We'd have to replace our top few opponents with St.Katherine's, Evergreen State, BYU Idaho, Savannah State and such to go the "Utah route". Record breaking weakness.

Evergreen State????.............Wait....isn't that one of those made-up colleges that mountain resort town T-shirt shops use to move merchandise?

As long as we win, the Buffs should have an OOC RPI in the Top 30. SOS won't be Top 5 like last year, but it should be Top 40.

I think we'll have a couple slip ups (not sure if I could call losing to WSU a slip up really), that will negatively impact that. But yes, if we run the table in OOC, then by all means the RPI will be fine. It's not as bad as a Utah schedule, for sure.

I'm most excited to see how Fletcher and Talton have improved. We have the ability to go 10 deep, although I imagine certain players will separate themselves from others and you have a typical 8 man rotation

I don't know if you can say for a fact they are putting in more work than anybody else, but the majority of the team is training in a pretty unique environment. The altitude training may have an overestimated in terms of homecourt advantage, but it does play a huge factor in the conditioning of the team and how they perform at the lower altitude schools.

I hate you.

BTW - we've been talking about a 10 - man rotation for years. It's never come to pass. My best guess is that we have a very solid 8 - man rotation, and guys like Stalzer, XT, King and Thomas end up with pretty limited minutes. Maybe one of them just makes a huge jump and demands more playing time, but I get the impression that as the year goes on, Tads bench gets shorter.

BTW - we've been talking about a 10 - man rotation for years. It's never come to pass. My best guess is that we have a very solid 8 - man rotation, and guys like Stalzer, XT, King and Thomas end up with pretty limited minutes. Maybe one of them just makes a huge jump and demands more playing time, but I get the impression that as the year goes on, Tads bench gets shorter.

I think XT will be back up point.

CU would have to be hella stacked, if XT doesn't make the Top 8 players on the team

I also don't think CU will see a 10 man rotation. I could see the advantages of it, at altitude, if Tad wanted to emulate the 40 minutes of hell. But most likely some players will progress more then others, and those will be the players that get more minutes

No more than 8 guys should average over 8 minutes a game once we get into the conference season and start shrinking our bench for the Dance.

Exceptions, of course, for match ups, foul trouble or and injury limiting a guy during a game. But core rotation should shrink to 8... 9 tops.

That said, I'd be so happy if Tad could limit Josh to under 30 minutes a night in the OOC to keep him fresh for the end of the season this year.

I dont think any coach would complain about having 10 or 11 guys that could be in the eight man rotation

No more than 8 guys should average over 8 minutes a game once we get into the conference season and start shrinking our bench for the Dance.

Exceptions, of course, for match ups, foul trouble or and injury limiting a guy during a game. But core rotation should shrink to 8... 9 tops.

That said, I'd be so happy if Tad could limit Josh to under 30 minutes a night in the OOC to keep him fresh for the end of the season this year.

I don't know... he's got to put up a lot of points early to stay in the hunt for the Wooden Award. I say, let the big dog eat.

Football will crash and burn here shortly. But Tad ... my friends, Tad is starting a Tom Izzo like run at little ole CU.

The real season is coming. #RollTad

Well that didn't take long.

We really are going to become a basketball school...

He's still a growing boy I guess ... listed as 6'1" as a frosh, 6'2" last year and now 6'4".
Geez, that's kind of incredible. Plus, he already looks about the same age as tony parker, if not older :lol:

Back