What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ISU's Hilton Coliseum flooded...

That's really a shame. And what a mess to have to clean up. Hope they get everything straightened out before they need it for games.

So what happened there? River rise? I know there's a creek that runs about a 1/4 mile away, but it's a pretty small creek. If that's the case, their football stadium is underwater as well. They're right next to each other, separated by a parking lot.

There were photos of the football team laying sandbags around its facilities instead of practicing. I don't know if it worked.

Looks like Jack Trice Stadium is ok...the parking lots surrounding the stadium, though? Not so much...

6a00e553e551d188340133f3023ebf970b-500wi

never been there myself, but i always thought Jack Trice seemed pretty decent for a smaller stadium without closed endzones. attractive, symmetrical design.

This is just good strategy. Now when they play, it won't be just their team that looks like they're running in water.

6a00e553e551d188340133f3023ebf970b-500wi

If you look at this picture, the creek that I was referring to is in the very far right of the picture. I had forgotten that there's a slight hill that surrounds the stadium itself. They are lucky they put that in. I suspect they put it in for just this reason. The field itself is sunken below the level of the street. If not for that burm, the stadium would be under about 50 feet of water.

There have been major floods throughout many parts of eastern Iowa this summer. Bad stuff.

So what happened there? River rise? I know there's a creek that runs about a 1/4 mile away, but it's a pretty small creek. If that's the case, their football stadium is underwater as well. They're right next to each other, separated by a parking lot.

Back