What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

it finally hit me... about mid-way thru the first quarter...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
we really are following the boise state model in every possible way. we just don't do it as well.

but, we recruit like a wac team to match the fancy-schmancy player groupings, e-w running, and "i am cuter than you" coaching.

sorry, but this staff needs to go. that wvu team was faster and more athletic across the board. and, still, because they are possibly as poorly coached as CU, the Buffs had chances to win.

rather than bash on individual players (because that's totally uncool), let me just ask this question... please identify the "FOR SURE this guy would be in the 2 deep at any of the top half of the big 12 schools" players on the roster...

on offense, i've got:

geer
miller
givens
solder

on defense, i've got:

smith
chapelle

on special teams, i've got:

well, no one.

again, post them here... i am not going on potential... i am going on what we've actually seen on the field during the hawk era...

who have i missed as a FOR SURE 2 deep guy on any other b12 roster for the top half of the conference?

bad coaching + not enough elite athletes = disaster.

we really are following the boise state model in every possible way. we just don't do it as well.

but, we recruit like a wac team to match the fancy-schmancy player groupings, e-w running, and "i am cuter than you" coaching.

sorry, but this staff needs to go. that wvu team was faster and more athletic across the board. and, still, because they are possibly as poorly coached as CU, the Buffs had chances to win.

rather than bash on individual players (because that's totally uncool), let me just ask this question... please identify the "FOR SURE this guy would be in the 2 deep at any of the top half of the big 12 schools" players on the roster...

on offense, i've got:

geer
miller
givens
solder

on defense, i've got:

smith
chapelle

on special teams, i've got:

well, no one.

again, post them here... i am not going on potential... i am going on what we've actually seen on the field during the hawk era...

who have i missed as a FOR SURE 2 deep guy on any other b12 roster for the top half of the conference?

bad coaching + not enough elite athletes = disaster.

I think Givens would eventually belong in that group. I'm not sure he does at this point. Offensively I would add Stewart and probably Scott as well.

Defensively I think Beatty has to be on that list.

but your point absolutely stands.... :sad1:

I think Givens would eventually belong in that group. I'm not sure he does at this point. Offensively I would add Stewart and probably Scott as well.

Defensively I think Beatty has to be on that list.

but your point absolutely stands.... :sad1:
Scott? He has not shown me anything yet.

Scott? He has not shown me anything yet.

I think he has the talent to at least make the two deep with a talented offense around him. It's so hard to tell in our dipsy doodle system that really doesn't fit his skills, but seeing a game like Toledo when he really got a chance I think he would...

From what I can see of Scott, he needs the O-line to dominate upfront. I don't see him making a lot of people miss. He did well against Toledo because the O-line was more physical I thought up front. But even on his long carry that go called back you could see that he wasn't running away from anyone like you saw with Stuart today.

speedy made those yards by making people miss and then getting to the hole. DS would have lost yards on many of those plays.

Miller hasn't dont jack either.

McKnight would start at a lot of places. It's amazing he gets open when he's the only one we throw to.....

There are others with a lot of obvious talent, like Jon Major and Speedy that would be in a lot of 2 deep given a year to grow. Most of those teams prob have Jrs and Srs in most of those positions. Neiman Marcus Burton showed his athleticism, chasing down Brown at his size.

C'mon guys. We'll see how this thing turns out. A couple plays go our way, Aric gets a couple of those FGs to go in and we are right in this thing. :rolleyes:

Cody's got moxie, I'll give him that. the kid does not quit. Other than that, he needs to go. If McNight wasn't on out team, Cody would be completing 30% of his passes. The over throws, the ints. We have not had a capable QB since Klatt.

Burton and Beatty played well. Saw West get a tackle late. OLine played decent and of course Stewart looked great but where was he in the 2nd half?

There are others with a lot of obvious talent, like Jon Major and Speedy that would be in a lot of 2 deep given a year to grow. Most of those teams prob have Jrs and Srs in most of those positions. Neiman Marcus Burton showed his athleticism, chasing down Brown at his size.

maybe.

simas maybe too.

i am just going on what we've seen in actual games during the hawk era.

Back