What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It is completely obvious to me now.

He sailed some passes and made a terrible read when he didn't see the LB dropping into coverage for the early pick.

But for the most part, what I saw was that the only way CU was getting guys open was with scheme. WR could not create separation today. UCLA has some dudes in its secondary.

I still get back to Sefo not stepping up and leading us to victory when he was presented the opportunity. Same story in Oregon St game.

While I defend him I also agree that he has to get better for us to be a better team next year.

Hopefully the off-season will be a time when he looks at some habits he is forming and changes how he handles situations.

Duff is correct in the 4th quarter INT being something that can't happen. He wasn't under pressure, had a wide open reciever, and just threw a terrible ball.

I'm more concerned with the first quarter INTs where he has locked onto a receiver, not seen the defense and either given up a pick six or the ball deep in our end.

Good thing is that the 4th Q pick was almost entirely because of poor mechanics and not following through with the throw, that can be fixed with time and effort

.... Who in the world would he replace him with? I think Sefo is still the best quarterback we've had since Bobby Pesavento. I'm still 100% behind sefo

.... Who in the world would he replace him with? I think Sefo is still the best quarterback we've had since Bobby Pesavento. I'm still 100% behind sefo

I do realize that different eras and styles make individual football records much less meaningful. But I do think it says something that Sefo broke Koy's single season TD record today in the 8th game of the year.

Sefo is the best QB we have had in a long time. I think he is better than Klatt, but he makes young mistakes that hopefully he grows out of. Remember, Klatt could have been a 35yo member of allBuffs when he started.

Yep. Sefo breaking the all time single season TD passing record as a true soph is no small feat.
He's no PFM, but c'mon. Sefo is the best QB on this roster. He puts this 2014 team in a position to win.

Sure there is room for improvement. But this isn't the time to bench him.

This running back by committee **** really bothers me. Most RB's take a bit to get a groove going and then feed off of momentum. I hate platooning RBs as much as I hate the Prevent Defense.

This running back by committee **** really bothers me. Most RB's take a bit to get a groove going and then feed off of momentum. I hate platooning RBs as much as I hate the Prevent Defense.
We ran the ball 45 times today...Adkins, Jones, and Sefo accounted for 40 of them. Lindsay had three carries and Lee had the other two. The rotation was much more a rotation of Adkins/Tojo rather than a committee approach.

Yep. Sefo breaking the all time single season TD passing record as a true soph is no small feat.
He's no PFM, but c'mon. Sefo is the best QB on this roster. He puts this 2014 team in a position to win.

Sure there is room for improvement. But this isn't the time to bench him.

At times it looks to me like Sefo is trying to hard. He so badly wants to win, and he understands the limitations of this roster, that he tries to force things and ends up making mistakes.

I think we can see a lot of improvement in the mental part of the game this off-season.

Give him a stronger defense so he doesn't feel like he has to score every time and he may calm down and be more efficient for us.

I'm not sure a coach on any team being too fond of his players going skiing/snowboarding where ACL tears are common

If that's preventing us from landing a top qb screw it. This isn't the NFL where you have contracts that disallow it.

But it's not. We can't land a good QB in a great year for west coast QBs and we can't recruit for **** anyway

. . .

He isn't great, at times he can look bad, but he is the best QB we have had since at least Klatt and I think will turn out better than Klatt was.

. . .

I can 100% guarantee he'll turn out to be far less annoying than Klatt in his post-CU career.

But, f*** that noise, right now I want to hear more about PAHI's 89-year old mom. Is she a running QB or classic dropback? If there's a highlight video posted on the interwebz, we're going to need a link.

We need a new Quarterback. Plain and simple. We need a QB that can thrive when opportunities present themselves. Several times during this game the QB had opportunities to make a play and/or make a smart play. One QB in this game did and the other didn't.

I know I am going to catch the ire of some here but I also know that some of you agree with me. I have had this feeling for a while now despite his stats. I know we are probably stuck with him until he graduates, mostly because we can't get anyone better to come here. So I will root for him to succeed as I would any other Buff.

This loss really, really hurts.

go buffs.
OMG! Take it back! YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!

I'm not sure a coach on any team being too fond of his players going skiing/snowboarding where ACL tears are common

You can't put restrictions on amateur athletes. And if they have a ****ty ACL that's going to tear, might was well not have it happen in the middle of a season.

Passed Koy Detmers record today but whatevs.... :lol:

And since your assembling a list of what we need can you add some OL, DL, DE, and LB?

Thanks in advance. Keep keeping it real.

If that's preventing us from landing a top qb screw it. This isn't the NFL where you have contracts that disallow it.

But it's not. We can't land a good QB in a great year for west coast QBs and we can't recruit for **** anyway
Don't sleep on Montez

Seriously, though. We have a lot bigger issues than quarterback. Sefo's a solid starter who has led this offense to a much better year than I ever suspected we'd see.

You know what we should be talking about? A defense that gave up over 300 yards rushing and nearly 600 total yards.

I don't think there's any need to change QB's - but the fact is that the QB **** the bed today.

The end of the 1st half was 100% on the QB. Should have left that possession with at least 3 points.

I really can't blame a coach, player, or one play for this lose. So many good and bad things happened.

We need to break through. Plain and simple. I can't point the finger at anyone for this lose as everyone had their moments, good and bad. At some point someone has to step up. Not sure what to think about this loss.

Also, its evident we need some change over on staff. Something has to change.

At times it looks to me like Sefo is trying to hard. He so badly wants to win, and he understands the limitations of this roster, that he tries to force things and ends up making mistakes.

I think we can see a lot of improvement in the mental part of the game this off-season.

Give him a stronger defense so he doesn't feel like he has to score every time and he may calm down and be more efficient for us.

Surround Sefo with a few all conference linemen and some serious playmakers at TE and RB, and this offense would be amazing.

its just too easy to pin this loss on Sefo for any number of his short comings. But the young man is a leader and is in the process of rewriting the record books.

Come spring ball, i sure hope Cade Aspey, Jordan Gehrke and the other QBs compete with Sefo to take over the starting position. But right now, Sefo is the guy. A QB change is the least of MacIntyre's priorities. The best course is to continue to coach Sefo up.

Back