What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It is completely obvious to me now.

Frustrating as H. Per the picks and final series first half.

But literally Sefo just completing his first "full season" of competition, and broke the record of some pretty good QB's. With several games left.

Sefo is going to be atop the heap in conf next year. Mistakes will decrease with more experience from everybody next year. Especially Sefo. BTW, nembot and spruce both back imho.

Can we at least agree the excuses end in 2015?

Excuses are just steps that are made on a journey of shame.

2-6, 0-5. Own it. Learn from it. Get better. When you are going through hell, you got to keep going.

Experience doesn't always make someone better.

He may improve, but may not. Still early to tell.

I still get back to Sefo not stepping up and leading us to victory when he was presented the opportunity. Same story in Oregon St game.

This.

This loss is squarely on Sefo's shoulders. He had multiple opportunities to win the game and he failed in every one of them.

Im afraid he's the kind of QB that is just good enough to get us beat.

Frustrating as H. Per the picks and final series first half.

But literally Sefo just completing his first "full season" of competition, and broke the record of some pretty good QB's. With several games left.

Sefo is going to be atop the heap in conf next year. Mistakes will decrease with more experience from everybody next year. Especially Sefo. BTW, nembot and spruce both back imho.

It's not the mistakes that concern me, actually. It's his disappearing act when the game is on the line that drives me nuts. Two minutes to go in the game, our ball, three timeouts, UCLA is gassed. Put the damn team on your shoulders and grab that victory. Make it happen... Instead we get close enough for a field goal and seem happy to go into OT. We need a guy who plays bigger than that.

It's not the mistakes that concern me, actually. It's his disappearing act when the game is on the line that drives me nuts. Two minutes to go in the game, our ball, three timeouts, UCLA is gassed. Put the damn team on your shoulders and grab that victory. Make it happen... Instead we get close enough for a field goal and seem happy to go into OT. We need a guy who plays bigger than that.

I didn't have a good angle on the pass to Bobo. Was it a drop or was it more of a high throw issue?

UCLA's dbs didn't give a lot of room if it wasn't a case of scheme running a guy wide open for Sefo.

Staff has a role here as well. My frustration is we are play calling "not to lose". We are all sick of losing, but staff needs to take a page from Mac 1 and make a dangerous play call in order to go for the win.

For frick sakes, Putem on the table.

Per Sefo I think he will be that guy. But the proof will be in busting through.

UCLA wanted to end the game by going for it on fourth instead of making it a TD game. Thought it was a bad playcall before the play.

They were on the road. We didn't seem to at least try for a TD at home. Bad teams need to at least take a risk. Never mind that bad Sefo run (seriously wtf!?!?).

UCLA wanted to end the game by going for it on fourth instead of making it a TD game. Thought it was a bad playcall before the play.

They were on the road. We didn't seem to at least try for a TD at home. Bad teams need to at least take a risk. Never mind that bad Sefo run (seriously wtf!?!?).

The Sefo 2 yard run on 1st down was a complete let down for me. It was like they were setting up for the field goal with a minute left and several time outs.

Our QB needs to learn to finish games and stop throwing so many INTs. Hope next season he can get us over the hump.

He seems to completely over think things when its right in front of him. He completely missed a wide, wide open Spruce at the end of the second overtime. He was right in the middle of the field. I can't explain it.

The staff has to play it pretty close to the vest, given the pedestrian level of talent it has to utilize. MM totally out coached Mora today, but MM has mostly a lower half Mountain West and Big Sky levels of talent to work with and he has coached many of them up. If Hundley is a draft choice then so is my 89 year old Mom, but outside of that UCLA has really good athletes.

Hundley will get drafted. At the end of the game you saw that he just decided to end the game - two runs, game over. The UCLA team is full of talent but plays disinterested most of the time.

Why isn't Frazier playing full time at LB for the Buffs...forget putting him on offense.

Coaching kept us in this game. Coaching lost us this game. Sick of this crap.

Hundley will get drafted. At the end of the game you saw that he just decided to end the game - two runs, game over. The UCLA team is full of talent but plays disinterested most of the time.

Why isn't Frazier playing full time at LB for the Buffs...forget putting him on offense.
QB's don't get drafted based off of their running ability. I am very unimpressed with Hundley. He will still get drafted, but isn't a sure thing as others think.

Guy is a P5 level athlete and a playmaker. Need to figure out a way to get him on the field.

QB's don't get drafted based off of their running ability. I am very unimpressed with Hundley. He will still get drafted, but isn't a sure thing as others think.

Big arm and the right body to play from the pocket. He'll not only get drafted, he'll go high.

I'll admit that I'm concerned about how he'll do in the pros. Mora is running a pro offense, after all, and he isn't lighting it up. Hundley would look so much better in a college offense.

Here are the interceptions. I have no clue what happened on the first one. Hurried and underthrown?
ThickUnconsciousEuropeanpolecat.gif

4th quarter: overthrown.
ShyPerfumedAfricanelephant.gif

If he can eliminate these mistakes he is a pretty damn good QB.

Coaching kept us in this game. EXECUTION MISTAKES lost us this game. Sick of this crap.

Agree. But with fify. The players need to reduce their errors. This is the 2nd game we should have won. They continue to improve.

Last edited:
Brian Lindgren

Yes let's blame Lindgren :lol:

I have felt that way all year. Yesterday, at the end of regulation he calls a running play three times and has to kick a field goal for the tie. No attempt to pass on any of the three downs. Same scenario in double overtime. Against Cal in double overtime they run the ball for times inside the five (again with no attempt to pass even though they were successfully passing on Cal all day) and lose the game. First half against CSU inside the five run the ball three times and have to settle for a field goal. Does anyone else see a pattern here. I think Lindgren is a big part of the problem. Maybe it's time to bring in an OC that is more creative and gives the team a better chance to be successful.

He sailed some passes and made a terrible read when he didn't see the LB dropping into coverage for the early pick.

But for the most part, what I saw was that the only way CU was getting guys open was with scheme. WR could not create separation today. UCLA has some dudes in its secondary.

this!...ucla secondary for most part had our wideouts covered like a glove

It's not an excuse. It actually became real clear in this game particurly, we are young. Most of the mistakes were either nerves or inexperience. They played tough and hit hard against a team that throttled asu.

I have felt that way all year. Yesterday, at the end of regulation he calls a running play three times and has to kick a field goal for the tie. No attempt to pass on any of the three downs. Same scenario in double overtime. Against Cal in double overtime they run the ball for times inside the five (again with no attempt to pass even though they were successfully passing on Cal all day) and lose the game. First half against CSU inside the five run the ball three times and have to settle for a field goal. Does anyone else see a pattern here. I think Lindgren is a big part of the problem. Maybe it's time to bring in an OC that is more creative and gives the team a better chance to be successful.
:lol:

The OP is goofy. Sefo is the best QB we've had since Kordell. Yes he's young, yes he makes a few stupid decisions, but he's a leader on the team and breaking records. Latest one I heard...leads the entire FBS in consecutive games with 2 or more TD passes...11.

The OP is goofy. Sefo is the best QB we've had since Kordell. Yes he's young, yes he makes a few stupid decisions, but he's a leader on the team and breaking records. Latest one I heard...leads the entire FBS in consecutive games with 2 or more TD passes...11.

The dynamic of college football has changed. This isn't the same game as it was 20 years ago. The PAC12 is a pass happy league and I would expect records to be broken, no matter who the QB is. We need to start getting Wins.

The dynamic of college football has changed. This isn't the same game as it was 20 years ago. The PAC12 is a pass happy league and I would expect records to be broken, no matter who the QB is. We need to start getting Wins.
Good point, but the OP is goofy. Sefo is a gamer. Yes he makes dumb decisions, but to say he needs to go is wrong IMO.

He is not the best QB we have had since Kordell. This is not a discussion that can be made based on numbers since today's college (and NFL) offenses skew QB numbers wildly in the positive direction. If you want to go with the numbers argument, understand that you also must recognize Cody Hawkins as the greatest CU QB ever. If you honestly would take Sefo over Detmer, Hessler, or even Klatt, I don't even know what to tell you. Any of those three win the game for us yesterday.

Listen, Sefo is the best we have right now and Duff is right that the pertinent question is whether we can afford to have Sefo as the starting QB for the next two years. I love the kid and he is tough as nails, but he has his limitations. As of now, though, I don't see anyone that deserves to take his job this year or next.

Back