What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It is completely obvious to me now.

this!...ucla secondary for most part had our wideouts covered like a glove

Absolutely agree. We had some well-designed plays to get our guys open, including the play where Sefo had Shays wide open and missed him. Hindsight is 20/20, but had Sefo made that throw, who knows what may have happened. Shays may have been able to make a move and score. We are so overdue to catch a ****ing break.

really needed a WR to step up yesterday. Lindgren called a hell of a game to get us the points we did.

He is not the best QB we have had since Kordell. This is not a discussion that can be made based on numbers since today's college (and NFL) offenses skew QB numbers wildly in the positive direction. If you want to go with the numbers argument, understand that you also must recognize Cody Hawkins as the greatest CU QB ever. If you honestly would take Sefo over Detmer, Hessler, or even Klatt, I don't even know what to tell you. Any of those three win the game for us yesterday.

Listen, Sefo is the best we have right now and Duff is right that the pertinent question is whether we can afford to have Sefo as the starting QB for the next two years. I love the kid and he is tough as nails, but he has his limitations. As of now, though, I don't see anyone that deserves to take his job this year or next.
Sefo will be a junior next year. Unless some stud comes out like an Anu Solomon, he will be our guy for the next 2.5 years. Sefo is accurate, a good leader and a good QB. To put a bunch of blame on a kid leading an offense averaging 400+ yds per game is just odd. The D, special teams etc have much more to do with the losses than does Sefo...IMO.

I love Sefo and I want him to succeed more than anything because I think he works as hard as anyone and has the best leadership attitude of any Buff I've seen in a long time. That said, many if his passes and reads were god awful yesterday. His accuracy is was really bad on way too many passes. I started trying to figure out what other position he could succeed in, because I think we need him on the field but I am losing faith that the qb job is automatically his next year

Last edited:
I live Sefo and I want him to succeed more than anything because I think he works as hard as anyone and has the best leadership attitude of any Buff I've seen in a long time. That said, many if his passes and reads were god awful yesterday. His accuracy is was really bad on way too many passes. I started trying to figure out what other position he could succeed in, because I think we need him on the field but I am losing faith that the qb job is automatically his next year
He didn't have a great game yesterday, for sure. He needs to stop his obligatory BS INT every game. He missed a few open guys. But the most accurate passer in the FBS (Hundley) was barely 60% I think. Neither QB played their best game.

This.

This loss is squarely on Sefo's shoulders. He had multiple opportunities to win the game and he failed in every one of them.

Im afraid he's the kind of QB that is just good enough to get us beat.
This is exactly how I feel about the staff too. Really, Sefo seems to be a reflection of HCMM right now- all heart and competent/competitive enough to give us a chance, but there's nothing dynamic about them when we need to win a game. The play-calling goes hyper-conservative, hoping our opponent will make a mistake that hands us a W, and Sefo just doesn't have the ability to step up and put the team on his shoulders. Instead, he seems to press so much that he makes bad mistakes.

What is obvious to me is that Tony Jones should not touch the ball outside of a screen play. I am going to assume he gets so many reps because he is the best blocker. It sure cannot be that he is the best running back. Adkins should be getting a ton of reps and why not give Lindsay more. Did Lindsay get injured yesterday? He had a couple of carries early then gone.

I am so tired of seeing Jones just run into the lineman and fall down. The guy does not adjust or make any cuts. Just runs up the backs of his lineman and then falls down. The line is not run blocking as bad as it appears when he is in the game.

More concerned that hey keep running him than about Sefo

The Sefo 2 yard run on 1st down was a complete let down for me. It was like they were setting up for the field goal with a minute left and several time outs.

Did you complain about earlier Sefo carries on the read-option that went for 7-11 yards per carry? probably not.

Give fUCLA just a little credit on some of those stops---last I heard they give schollies , too; many of them to vaunted 4 -star players!

What is obvious to me is that Tony Jones should not touch the ball outside of a screen play. I am going to assume he gets so many reps because he is the best blocker. It sure cannot be that he is the best running back. Adkins should be getting a ton of reps and why not give Lindsay more. Did Lindsay get injured yesterday? He had a couple of carries early then gone.

I am so tired of seeing Jones just run into the lineman and fall down. The guy does not adjust or make any cuts. Just runs up the backs of his lineman and then falls down. The line is not run blocking as bad as it appears when he is in the game.

More concerned that hey keep running him than about Sefo
I was thinking the exact same thing during the game. I also wonder why our running backs never cut it back against the flow. It seemed to me, on many occasions, that our guys could have cut back and broken some big ones.

This is exactly how I feel about the staff too. Really, Sefo seems to be a reflection of HCMM right now- all heart and competent/competitive enough to give us a chance, but there's nothing dynamic about them when we need to win a game. The play-calling goes hyper-conservative, hoping our opponent will make a mistake that hands us a W, and Sefo just doesn't have the ability to step up and put the team on his shoulders. Instead, he seems to press so much that he makes bad mistakes.
So, is your solution to scrap the coaching staff and promote someone else to QB?

The Sefo 2 yard run on 1st down was a complete let down for me. It was like they were setting up for the field goal with a minute left and several time outs.
Looked like a classic set up play. UCLA had a tendency to over pursue and after four OT runs Lindgren thought the middle would open up. If Sefo had gone for 10+ you wouldn't be complaining.

Sefo will be a junior next year. Unless some stud comes out like an Anu Solomon, he will be our guy for the next 2.5 years. Sefo is accurate, a good leader and a good QB. To put a bunch of blame on a kid leading an offense averaging 400+ yds per game is just odd. The D, special teams etc have much more to do with the losses than does Sefo...IMO.

There's Sefo's real problem, he's a good QB in a conference filled with VERY good QBs. He's an accurate passer in terms of numbers, but his misses tend to hurt us badly. He's a good leader, but he's also prone to mental blunders (see end of the 1st half yesterday).

I'm not in favor of benching him because I don't think he's our biggest weakness by a long shot and frankly I'm not sure we have anyone better on the roster. But we do need to bring in players that can legitimately compete with him. I really don't like assuming he's our starter until he graduates.

Last edited:
There's Sefo's real problem, he's a good QB in a conference filled with VERY good QBs. He's an accurate passer in terms of numbers, but his misses tend to hurt us badly. He's a good leader, but he's also prone to all mental blunders (see end of the 1st half yesterday).

I'm not if favor of benching him because I don't think he's or biggest weakness by a long shot and frankly I'm not sure we have anyone better on the roster. But we do need to bring in players that can legitimately compete with him. I really don't like assuming he's or starter until he graduates.
Sefo was under a lot of duress all game. Duress makes QB's flinch or make bad decisions. Look how Kaepernik played when he was getting constantly hit. It isn't as much about Sefo as it is about the entire big picture on offense. We are not all that talented yet. It's a lot easier for a QB to "step up" when he has a great Oline, receiving corps and RB's. And I think our current guys, with some additions, will develop into that.

I see. Backing off your statement that he is the best QB since Kordell by changing the topic. A tried and true tactic. Sefo deserves some of the blame for yesterday's loss. That cluster**** at the end of the first half is largely on him and those two picks were terrible. I'm not sure if you actually read my post, but I'm not calling for Sefo to be benched. It has always been clear, however, that the kid has his limitations. We shouldn't pretend that Sefo's turnovers yesterday are some sort of anomaly.

As for averaging more than 400 yards per game, 8 Pac-12 teams do that and two others (Utah at 392 and Stanford at 383) are very close. It means next to nothing in this conference.

Looked like a classic set up play. UCLA had a tendency to over pursue and after four OT runs Lindgren thought the middle would open up. If Sefo had gone for 10+ you wouldn't be complaining.

No ****ing ****!?!?! You mean, if Sefo had run for a ****ing touchdown I wouldn't be complaining? Holy ****ing **** that is the ****ing post of the mother ****ing year right there. If CU had scored 100 points and won the ****ing game, I wouldn't have complained about that either, would I you little dumb ****?

BUT HE ****ING DIDN'T. HE GOT STUFFED FOR A 2 YARD RUN AND THE OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN ****ING CRATERED.

Jesus. Of course no one would ****ing complain if they ****ing won the game. THEY DIDN'T.

At the end of the game, when someone had to step up and make a ****ing play - UCLA did. CU didn't. Coaches, players, NOBODY MADE A ****ING PLAY. Quit ****ing coddling all these mother ****ers! THEY ****ING DROPPED THE BALL YESTERDAY. End of the 1st half -- ****ED UP. Overtimes - ****ED UP.

No ****ing ****!?!?! You mean, if Sefo had run for a ****ing touchdown I wouldn't be complaining? Holy ****ing **** that is the ****ing post of the mother ****ing year right there. If CU had scored 100 points and won the ****ing game, I wouldn't have complained about that either, would I you little dumb ****?

BUT HE ****ING DIDN'T. HE GOT STUFFED FOR A 2 YARD RUN AND THE OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN ****ING CRATERED.

Jesus. Of course no one would ****ing complain if they ****ing won the game. THEY DIDN'T.

At the end of the game, when someone had to step up and make a ****ing play - UCLA did. CU didn't. Coaches, players, NOBODY MADE A ****ING PLAY. Quit ****ing coddling all these mother ****ers! THEY ****ING DROPPED THE BALL YESTERDAY. End of the 1st half -- ****ED UP. Overtimes - ****ED UP.

Think you're being a little hard on Beaver here, Ward.

And you completely missed the point. You get ****ed in the ass too hard last night? You seem mad.

Weren't you also complaining about how we pass the ball too much as well? Which is it?

So, is your solution to scrap the coaching staff and promote someone else to QB?

Are you just looking to pick a fight on a Sunday morning? I never once called for a change with HCMM or Sefo. Sefo's the QB until someone beat him out, and I don't see that happening. As for HCMM, I think we've seen enough improvement that he needs to be here at least 2 more years. My concern, however, is that this team will plateau sooner rather than later if the staff doesn't show some willingness to open things up and go for the W when given the opportunity.

And you completely missed the point. You get ****ed in the ass too hard last night? You seem mad. Weren't you also complaining about how we pass the ball too much as well? Which is it?
Watch it, Tini.

You can figure it out pretty easily.
Or you could actually respond to my question. I know you don't like to post with much substance but it's OK to do in this case. Why are you telling me to watch it when Slade is the one going off on me?

I love how every week we turn on each other. Let's not forget the real enemy. Ebola.

Joking aside, we aren't replacing our coaches or QB right now. Glad to see improvements, but hurts seeing us fall short. Hopeful, but pragmatic. Let's focus on beating Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or you could actually respond to my question. I know you don't like to post with much substance but it's OK to do in this case. Why are you telling me to watch it when Slade is the one going off on me?
Slade ranted pretty good, but didn't say anything like "Did you get ****ed too hard in the ass last night". Understood?

I love how every week we turn on each other. Let's not forget the real enemy. Ebola.

Joking aside, we aren't replacing our coaches or QB right now. Glad to see improvements, but hurts seeing us fall short. Hopeful, but pragmatic. Let's focus on beating Washington.

Tini is worse than Ebola. At least you can get rid of Ebola.

Nothing he said was directed at you. He was agreeing that he wouldn't complain if it'd worked (ergo, the play call wasn't the problem it was the lack of execution/result).

Don't think implying he may or may not have been involved in a certain activity the night before that could impact his post was warranted either. That is how I read the "watch it."

In short, the "watch it" was in regard to it changing from an argument to personal attacks and stepping into the TOS gray area.

Back