What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It is completely obvious to me now.

I think Sefo is at a place now where he should be able to manage the game better. He's a team captain and has played against some of the best teams in college football. He's been put in positions to win ball games and hasn't. The end of the first half was a total abortion by the entire team. However, the end of regulation should have been Sefo's (just like the end of Oregon State and ASU).

Not sure if anyone watched the end of Utah v USC (specifically the last 3 plays), but that's what I expect from my Pac-12/team captain quarter back. Travis Wilson isn't a world beater, but when the game mattered, he was like "**** it, I'm gonna win". Hundley did the same thing. That's what frustrates me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Sefo is at a place now where he should be able to manage the game better. He's a team captain and has played against some of the best teams in college football. He's been put in positions to win ball games and hasn't. The end of the first half was a total abortion by the entire team. However, the end of regulation should have been Sefo's (just like the end of Oregon State and ASU).

Not sure if anyone watched the end of Utah v USC (specifically the last 3 plays), but that's what I expect from my Pac-12/team captain quarter back. Travis Wilson isn't a world beater, but when the game mattered, he was like "**** it, I'm gonna win". Hundley did the same thing. That's what frustrates me.

Wilson is a Junior and Hundley is a RS-J. Being upperclassmen, their age/maturity/experience allow them to have the confidence to do that. Sefo should have pulled it out, but comparing him to those guys in a way highlights exactly why he wasn't able to.

Last edited:
Wilson is a Junior and Hundley is a senior. Being upperclassmen, their age/maturity/experience allow them to have the confidence to do that. Sefo should have pulled it out, but comparing him to those guys in a way highlights exactly why he wasn't able to.

No. Because they did it last year as well. And the year before.

I was thinking the same thing as the OP last night. This morning after the fog of another booze filled crushing Saturday had faded, it's not he QB that is the problem. Our coaches failed end of the 1st half, failed to try anything aggressive at the end of the 4th and were even worse in the OT.

We win the OT coin toss, hold fUCLA to a FG and on our offensive possession I thought the coaches called the most vanilla take no chances calls possible. Just once I would like to see play calls that are to try and win games instead of try and lose games close.
^^ this ^^ what do we have to lose? take a couple of chances.

No. Because they did it last year as well. And the year before.

Hundley had a red shirt year to learn/develop which Sefo did not.

Wilson did start 7 games as a true freshman and went 3-4, as a sophomore he went 4-5 before being injured and did not play again that season. Those wins came against USU, Weber State, BYU, and the upset against Stanford. His losses were to OSU, UCLA, USC, UofA and WSU. After the Stanford win they lost 3 straight before he got injured.

Through 9 games as a sophomore, Wilson had a completion % of 56.1%, 16Td's 16Int's 1827yds.

Through 8 games as a sophomore, Sefo has a a completion % of 64.7% 23Td's 11Int's 2276yds.

Utah finished the 2013 season 5-7. They finished 2012 5-7.
CU finished 2013 season 4-8. Finished 2012 2-10.

It is not too difficult to assume that Utah has had decent QB play with a much better supporting cast than CU has had since Sefo became the starter.

Saying "**** it, I'm gonna win" is not exactly the recipe to winning football. It is, however, a great ESPN level analysis of why Utah won.

Win as a team, lose as a team. Coaches make mistakes, players make mistakes. Very talented teams can overcome them, we cannot. No one play or coaching call is responsible for a loss or a win.

People need to chill the **** out really. It's not what any of us want right now but it's headed that way. Mac has forgotten more about football than some people bashing him, including me. We need more talent and maybe a few staff changes. It's on the upward tick, my hands were shaking when I took my son to practice, he had it about the last part of the fourth. I haven't felt that from a CU game in quite some time.

I look forward to stupid people getting what they want at this point
They did, six years ago. Our nation is all fuched up now. Perhaps, it's not too late to right the ship. Oh wait, is this still a football thread? Sorry, wrong board.

They did, six years ago. Our nation is all fuched up now. Perhaps, it's not too late to right the ship. Oh wait, is this still a football thread? Sorry, wrong board.

LMAO. Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely might still be the guy for the next two years. He looks good at times and maybe with more experience and better talent around him, he can lead this team to a winning record but at this point what's the harm in giving the other guy a chance. If for nothing else than to get him some game experience.

That was a winnable game right there and the O just blew it up.

So frustrated.

Definitely might still be the guy for the next two years. He looks good at times and maybe with more experience and better talent around him, he can lead this team to a winning record but at this point what's the harm in giving the other guy a chance. If for nothing else than to get him some game experience.

That was a winnable game right there and the O just blew it up.

So frustrated.

What about the D? D is easier than O. O has to make *something*. D just hast has to stop them. . .

What about the D? D is easier than O. O has to make *something*. D just hast has to stop them. . .

True, but seems like the D is going to require time and depth. A good QB can have more of an instant impact. I'd prefer to have a strong D, but it's going to be 2-3 years. Our LBs are dreadful. Surprised Arizona didn't break one for 70 yards actually.

People need to chill the **** out really. It's not what any of us want right now but it's headed that way. Mac has forgotten more about football than some people bashing him, including me know. We need more talent and maybe a few staff changes. It's on the upward tick, my hands were shaking when I took my son to practice, he had it about the last part of the fourth. I haven't felt that from a CU game in quite some time.

This x∞.

Fify

Back