What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It Is Going To Happen...Oklahoma & Okie St To The Pac 12

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/1106772.html

While nothing is official until announcements have been made and ink is dry on the paperwork, two individuals with official ties to Oklahoma State and a current Pac-12 Conference school said that it is going to happen, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma will soon be joining the Pac-12 making it at least the Pac-14.

There is plenty of talk that Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott does not want to sit at 14 conference members and that two other Big 12 schools will be joining the Oklahoma contingent. It is known that the Pac-12 greatly values Texas and has designs on Texas and Texas Tech being that pair. However, the Longhorns stubbornness in wanting to keep it's third tier rights and partner with ESPN in the Longhorn Network is a sticking point for both Texas and Scott and the Pac-12. The other pair in lieu of Texas and Texas Tech appear to be Kansas and Missouri or Kansas and Kansas State.
One journalist with plenty of experience and contacts throughout the conferences and schools most heavily involved in the current state of realignment is George Schroeder of the Eugene (Ore.) Register Guard. Schroeder, who also writes for national publications, including Sports Illustrated, has covered Arkansas and the SEC, Oklahoma and the Big 12, and has been in Oregon covering the Ducks, the Pac-12, and national college football for the past four years.

Schroeder says his sources tell him the Pac-12, as reported, will take Oklahoma State and Oklahoma, with or without Texas.

"It's clear that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State that the Pac-12 is ready to invite them and that they have that indicated to them regardless of whether or not Texas or anybody else is willing to come along," said Schroeder. "I have heard that from people that are high up at the Pac-12 that will happen. I'm also hearing that they really want Texas and that they don't want to be at 14.
"Now as things continue to happen and as we wait for the SEC and Texas A&M (to be official), I think we are going to continue to hear wilder and wilder things," added Schroeder. "The KU and K-State thing would be mildly surprising to me. They would love to have Kansas, academically and basketball. It would not be a monetary thing with football, but it would give you a flagship basketball program on one side of the league and one on the other side of the league with UCLA. It just gets weirder and weirder as time goes on."

so....if this becomes reality and CU has to now compete with OU & Okie St in the 'arms' race facilities wise I think CU needs to spend $$$$$
within the next two years on MAJOR improvements-

new scoreboards & sound system
indoor practice facility
Field House renovation

I'd even go as far as trying to close in the north end zone and expand seating to 58K-60K

so....if this becomes reality and CU has to now compete with OU & Okie St in the 'arms' race facilities wise I think CU needs to spend $$$$$
within the next two years on MAJOR improvements-

new scoreboards & sound system
indoor practice facility
Field House renovation

I'd even go as far as trying to close in the north end zone and expand seating to 58K-60K

That will cost a lot of $$$ . . . but not as much as it will cost to move OSU out of Stillwater. :laugh:

Nothing that has not been talked about for the last 8 months. Wake me up when this is over

No new information here.
No worries on the arms race. Okie state can't build a beach on the Pacific or the Flatirons. They are stuck in hot and humid Okie State.

Wow. Another dude from the NW talking up how great a Pac-8 division would be. What a shock.

I hope some of the PAC presidents are talking. Namely, UA, ASU, UU, CU, etc. Block this crap.

I'm so sick of this. Don't want. The Big 12/UT/Deloss needs to get their **** together and restructure the money, add BYU, BSU and Houston.

Who knows now...Big 12 meeting for today was cancelled, but there was also some chatter on OU maybe coming back to the table and another story with the Mizzou president more confident about the Big 12's future now compared to last week.

It's pretty obvious the Big 12 is dead and the feeding frenzy is going to begin.

What we now have to worry about is who comes in and where we go. The mountain schools HAVE to block the expansion until they get concessions (ie, no east/west division).

I have to say, the OU/OSU/KU/KSU option is freaking ridiculous. There is no way the same Larry Scott who pulled off that tv coup would be stupid enough to try that. Hell, if KSU is on the table, CSU should apply.

Now is the perfect time for OU to swoop in and save the day by recommiting to the Big 12, just like the Whorns did last year.

Looking at the ISU thread, I am very interested as to where this may lead. I don't think this stuff is going to be resolved anytime soon, so all this stuff is probably posturing.

Back