What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It looks to me like we're moving to a traditional 3-4 base defense (long)

Nik the Prophet. Well done sir. The way to beat 3-4 is to spread it out like the Pats do to the Steelers. How do you see our 3-4 handling the likes of Oregon?

Nik the Prophet. Well done sir. The way to beat 3-4 is to spread it out like the Pats do to the Steelers. How do you see our 3-4 handling the likes of Oregon?

You're right about the Pats. They use a bunch of WRs and then dink and dunk their way down the field. But doing that successfully really does take a QB that can read the field, make great decisions, get the ball out quickly, and be patient enough to pass the ball down the field 4-8 yards at a time. Not a lot of QBs can do that. And Oregon is certainly not set up for that. The Pac-12 team that absolutely shut down the Ducks last season was Cal with its 3-4 defense.

Ah Ha! I tried to rep Nik's OP, but it wouldn't let me 'cause I already repped it. You know what that means? It means I had the foresight to know it was a good post. Stick that in your pipes, Allbuffs!

Well, it made sense based on the info we had back in February. I'm glad to see we made the move.

Nik - I am skeptical they changed anything since our last public practice. All fall we have been in a 4-3 hybrid with Hartigan at the LOS doing what he did last year. Some called this a 3-4 last year but it's more 4-3. Nothing has changed except the name of the positions from what I can tell. So I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, the Jack LB position looks like a speed rushing end.

Nik - I am skeptical they changed anything since our last public practice. All fall we have been in a 4-3 hybrid with Hartigan at the LOS doing what he did last year. Some called this a 3-4 last year but it's more 4-3. Nothing has changed except the name of the positions from what I can tell. So I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, the Jack LB position looks like a speed rushing end.

Pretty much. But calling it a 3-4 means that the transition is underway and we're recruiting to that.

Pretty much. But calling it a 3-4 means that the transition is underway and we're recruiting to that.

:nod:. And expect to see a lot more of certain players with prototypical 3-4 End size (*cough* Kasa) when we are facing a pro style run line it up and run at you teams. When playing the Arizona's etc of the world, we will be much lighter on the line.

Back