What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It was 33-0 in the first half

NYbuffDIEHARD

That's all, just wanted to say that out loud.

33 to F'ing NOTHING!

At home, recruits in the building, homecoming, with the North still up for grabs.

It was the exact replay of the start last season in Columbia against a top 10 team. How is it that Hawkins can't even come close to getting a team ready to play? Could it be he is a horrible coach?

And how many times do we have to watch him pat someone on the helmet or the ass after they make a horrible boneheaded play? How many stupid penalties can one team take? Can he please just once get in someone's face and show some God damn emotion. There is more heart on this message board than Hawkins ever thought of bringing to the sidelines.

I should stop complaining about this stuff because I know nothing will ever change. It has been 4 years of the same.

GO AWAY HAWK.

I didn't want to make a thread about it or anything, but this was by far our biggest recruiting weekend. I highly doubt those kids saw anything on the field that made them want to commit. Hopefully they saw potential playing time instead of inept coaches. How the coaches can come in with the game plan that they did is just inexcusable.

That's all, just wanted to say that out loud.

33 to F'ing NOTHING!

At home, recruits in the building, homecoming, with the North still up for grabs.

It was the exact replay of the start last season in Columbia against a top 10 team. How is it that Hawkins can't even come close to getting a team ready to play? Could it be he is a horrible coach?

And how many times do we have to watch him pat someone on the helmet or the ass after they make a horrible boneheaded play? How many stupid penalties can one team take? Can he please just once get in someone's face and show some God damn emotion. There is more heart on this message board than Hawkins ever thought of bringing to the sidelines.

I should stop complaining about this stuff because I know nothing will ever change. It has been 4 years of the same.

GO AWAY HAWK.

i graduated in 94 and it's been bull**** ever since. it's not the last 4 years it's been the last 15. colorado football is dead. i actually was stupid enough to plan a morning around going to a sportsbar to watch the buffs. i'm sitting there with my dad who gives me enough **** about cu football as it is and it's 26-0 with 8 minutes left in the first quarter. i left.

NYbuff...i agree 100% i never ever seen hawk yell at any of the players its all way's:smile2: a pat on the helmet i seen him to that to r.stewart when he should have said lil man you need to man up and get out there and do your ****ing job !!! well he prolly wouldnt do that the players prolly kick his ass cause how could they respect him i mean really..

I don't mind coaches NOT going ballastic. I think the Bobby Knight style is way over-popularized - the childishness of these rants are detrimental, too.

However, Hawkins' face goes into this "I'm ready to bawl" condition - and that's an unfortunately natural, all-too-easily-made face for him. His forehead goes limp, his eyebrows droop to the sides of his cheeks, and his mouth is all but a:

:cry:

look. That IS the Hawk Emoticon, yes?

How can THIS face on TV ever be a great recruiting tool? "Ya wanna see yer coach cry? Because that's as much emotion as he's going to show..."

Now, this is a TERRIBLY personal comment about him. NOTHING BUT PERSONAL. A rant against someone's "looks" can be nothing BUT personal. I'd apologize for that, but why? His looks, my observation. I'd no more apologize for it than apologizing for claiming sunsets are "beautiful". "He looks like he's on the verge of tears" is what always appears on TV.

Someone REALLY needs to teach him two different faces: SMILE and LOOK STERN. Both looks will serve him much, much better on TV than this "Oh no!! :cry:" look.

Back