What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It's game week...

xx Like a death row reprieve, DISH strikes a deal with Fox Sports 1.

Last edited:
Your point about the schedules is well made, but after our loss to CU last year I thought we were going to lose to all those teams too. The wins we got were probably due to a combination of most of those teams being at least a little worse than CU (although I'd argue it was close at times) and we got a little better.

You kinda just made OUR point. We win, no one cares, you can still have a good season because your schedule always sucks. We lose, you were the worst team we will play all year (always), and we're F'd.
No matter how bad CU or CSU is, a loss by CU is always more devastating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hard for me to get up for the game. Usually I am quite psyched about the season. But, circumstances have conspired against me. I have some control over my work and social schedule, so I try to keep Saturdays free. Then the game gets moved to Friday making it impossible for me to go to the game (and yes, I do avoid Mile High but this is actually important later), but I think, no biggie, I have P12 network, I'll catch it on the tube, even if I have to tape delay it on my DVR. Then it is announced to be on Fox Sports 1, but again, no biggie, I have that channel. Then Charlie Ergen proves to be the cheap lying SOB I suspected him to be as I find out that DISH sold me Fox Sports 1 without the content that made me want it in the first place, so no DVR.

Now I have a social obligation Friday night, making attending the game impossible, I can't DVR it and I can't listen on the radio because it would be rude. So, I kind of don't care right now. The whole thing just pisses me off. Why doesn't CU play on Saturdays like big boy FB? Why do we have such a ****ty distribution that getting CU on the tube is virtual carrier ju-jitsu? Next week sucks too, kid has a game and CU is on the effin internet. So I guess I miss that one too.

1st world problems

Should be a 2 for 1 in Boulder if we decide to keep playing it in the future. As little brother you need to know your place at the table.

Rep this guy. I completely agree--I'd go one step further......no games anywhere other than Folsom until the goats can sell their allotment of tickets. Its amazed me that they can't---especially given the fact that they charge $30 less than we do. If I had my way.......we'd give this whole front range rotation nonsense a rest because we need OOC flexibility more than anything. I'd be open to it if the conference (specifically the North) backed off the 9 game conference schedule, but until that happens, forget it.

Hard for me to get up for the game. Usually I am quite psyched about the season. But, circumstances have conspired against me. I have some control over my work and social schedule, so I try to keep Saturdays free. Then the game gets moved to Friday making it impossible for me to go to the game (and yes, I do avoid Mile High but this is actually important later), but I think, no biggie, I have P12 network, I'll catch it on the tube, even if I have to tape delay it on my DVR. Then it is announced to be on Fox Sports 1, but again, no biggie, I have that channel. Then Charlie Ergen proves to be the cheap lying SOB I suspected him to be as I find out that DISH sold me Fox Sports 1 without the content that made me want it in the first place, so no DVR.

Now I have a social obligation Friday night, making attending the game impossible, I can't DVR it and I can't listen on the radio because it would be rude. So, I kind of don't care right now. The whole thing just pisses me off. Why doesn't CU play on Saturdays like big boy FB? Why do we have such a ****ty distribution that getting CU on the tube is virtual carrier ju-jitsu? Next week sucks too, kid has a game and CU is on the effin internet. So I guess I miss that one too.

Yup. Same boat. I'll be on baby duty Friday night so I won't be able to go to a sports bar. I'll have to stream it on some dodgy eastern European site. Ugh.

I think playing the game in Denver sucks. I also think that with the 9-game P12 schedule, it would be sensible to have some more flexibility in our OOC scheduling.

This. Our OOC conference games are too precious now to waste on a perceived rivalry. I'm all for playing CSU once every decade or so. Otherwise, I want more variety.

If we are going to play teams from the front range I see no reason why we are locked in to CSU. Wyoming and Air Force are just as attractive, if not more. But I'd rather broaden our horizons and start scheduling some of the old Big 8 foes and a few games here or there with the eastern folks (like the Georgia games).

Looking at the depth chart this team is still sooooooo young. Love what wee are building towards in 2015 and 2016 but hard not to think this year will be another struggle in PAC play.

You kinda just made OUR point. We win, no one cares, you can still have a good season because your schedule always sucks. We lose, you were the worst team we will play all year (always), and we're F'd.
No matter how bad CU or CSU is, a loss by CU is always more devastating.

Bolded is the biggest point. Beating CSU means nothing in the P5 conferences, a Pac 12 team is always expected to beat a MWC team. The only time this may be different is with historically good teams like Boise was a few years back. So losing to CSU is horrendous unless they are Boise State good. I'm not holding my breath. This game is a win-win for CSU, and a lose-lose for CU. It makes some financial sense, but not enough to really make a huge argument to not play it in Boulder.

Bolded is the biggest point. Beating CSU means nothing in the P5 conferences, a Pac 12 team is always expected to beat a MWC team. The only time this may be different is with historically good teams like Boise was a few years back. So losing to CSU is horrendous unless they are Boise State good. I'm not holding my breath. This game is a win-win for CSU, and a lose-lose for CU. It makes some financial sense, but not enough to really make a huge argument to not play it in Boulder.
This game is not a lose-lose proposition for CU, not as long as we are counting wins on one hand.

You guys are right about the schedules, unless CSU makes a large jump we are one of the worst teams you play all season. However, is losing to a legitimately good team that you basically have no chance of beating really better than taking your decent chances at beating CSU? I mean it's almost as if you are more worried about how the team is perceived than how good they are. If you lose to CSU, and if CSU is as bad as you say, wouldn't it be apparent that CU isn't good regardless of whether or not the two teams had played?

It would be like CSU trying to duck the better 1AA teams, like NDSU. They kicked our ass and you can give us **** for losing to them. Should we never schedule them again? Are we now a better team for it? Your game with Fresno was cancelled but we know you would have gotten killed (so would we had CSU played them). Does not playing the game help things?

Last edited:
Crazy Neighbor brews are already chillin for this game. Should be a great evening for a game and I cannot wait to get on with the season! Football is here! Woot!

You guys are right about the schedules, unless CSU makes a large jump we are one of the worst teams you play all season. However, is losing to a legitimately good team that you basically have no chance of beating really better than taking your decent chances at beating CSU? I mean it's almost as if you are more worried about how the team is perceived than how good they are. If you lose to CSU, and if CSU is as bad as you say, wouldn't it be apparent that CU isn't good regardless of whether or not the two teams had played?

It would be like CSU trying to duck the better 1AA teams, like NDSU. They kicked our ass and you can give us **** for losing to them. Should we never schedule them again? Are we now a better team for it? Your game with Fresno was cancelled but we know you would have gotten killed. Does not playing the game help things?

dizzying intellect.jpg

It's not perception concerns. No one wants confirmation that their team is bad. And, we still have some small glimmer of a hope for a bowl game.

What annoys me most about this game is that if we lose, we have to deal with an inflated arrogance from CSU fans for a year. That simply does not happen if we lose to any other school. Given the fact that locally almost all of us have some acquaintance/co-worker/family member that is a ram fan it is annoying. I doubt any Buff fans bother to gloat about this win the way ram fans do.

I work with a lot of USC, U of A, and ASU grads and none of them feel the need to gloat about a win the way CSU fans do. It is an annoying aspect of the series that given the state of the 2 programs is not worth the aggravation.

It would be like CSU trying to duck the better 1AA teams, like NDSU. They kicked our ass and you can give us **** for losing to them. Should we never schedule them again? Are we now a better team for it? Your game with Fresno was cancelled but we know you would have gotten killed (so would we had CSU played them). Does not playing the game help things?

You're way off. I'd argue we grew more against UCLA than you, and we would have beaten you last year by four touchdowns were it not for the little white guy you have playing wide receiver (had a long kick and a punt return TD). Not only that, but when did you guys last top 20k tickets for your Super Bowl? Until goat fans start to care about their football team, please explain to me why we need to play you anywhere other than Boulder.

The CSU claim that the revenue is better for both teams is misleading. In theory it is. Selling 70,000+ tickets for a full Mile High Stadium is a great income boost for both programs. The problem is they haven't sold out this game in years. It is no longer the revenue generating regional focal game that both schools envisioned. It is tired, it is stale, it is time to move on.

Is this the thread I go to to debate whether or not stars or offers is a bigger deal for a potential recruit?

When will Direct TV get their head in the game and pick up the PAC12 network? Let's offer them a better rate than everybody else because my Mom's basement has a great system, but it's on DTV.

Hey Mtn, I heard you had a few reasons why CSU should go D1AA?

F*** Bailor!!!

Is this the thread I go to to debate whether or not stars or offers is a bigger deal for a potential recruit?

When will Direct TV get their head in the game and pick up the PAC12 network? Let's offer them a better rate than everybody else because my Mom's basement has a great system, but it's on DTV.

Hey Mtn, I heard you had a few reasons why CSU should go D1AA?

F*** Bailor!!!

You just broke allbuffs. Nice job, jerk.

F*** Bailor!!!

YMSSRA - This is the point - as much as little bro tries to bother us they can never reach the level of hate that we have for truly despised programs. They are not a power that we aspire to get back to and as such we beat the horse corpse yearly until we get past this game. There is nothing new to discuss, no different story lines unless players from either team engage in hate crimes (CSU) or are accused of crimes they did not commit by football hating liberal agenda Boulderites (CU). We all want to discuss something because hope does sprint eternal - but other than finalizing tailgate plans and a few shots at the teary ginger.....Friday can't get here soon enough.

What annoys me most about this game is that if we lose, we have to deal with an inflated arrogance from CSU fans for a year. That simply does not happen if we lose to any other school. Given the fact that locally almost all of us have some acquaintance/co-worker/family member that is a ram fan it is annoying. I doubt any Buff fans bother to gloat about this win the way ram fans do.

I work with a lot of USC, U of A, and ASU grads and none of them feel the need to gloat about a win the way CSU fans do. It is an annoying aspect of the series that given the state of the 2 programs is not worth the aggravation.

Troof. Hell, Lamb fans even talk smack even when they lose. Annoying little brother is annoying.

You're way off. I'd argue we grew more against UCLA than you, and we would have beaten you last year by four touchdowns were it not for the little white guy you have playing wide receiver (had a long kick and a punt return TD). Not only that, but when did you guys last top 20k tickets for your Super Bowl? Until goat fans start to care about their football team, please explain to me why we need to play you anywhere other than Boulder.
Correction, at least personally, my Super Bowl was the bowl game CSU won. I'd be fine moving the game to campuses, and if/until CSU gets a better stadium situation I could stomach a 2 for 1. I wish we had better fans and would sell our allotment of tickets, no real rebuttal to that. I do my part by going.

It kills me how some of you think that these bad fan behaviors you describe somehow only apply to CSU fans. I've had two different complete strangers in Buffs attire call out scoreboard in the last few months when I'm wearing a CSU shirt/hat. I'm not upset about it, it's cool, but please realize both/all fan bases have some idiot fans.

I'm not upset about it, it's cool, but please realize both/all fan bases have some idiot fans.

Then why does it seem to be the majority of the CSU fans I encounter?

And yes, the CU fans who called out scoreboard on your are idiots.

Edit:

I haven't visited ramnation recently but I am guessing that if you go there there are numerous posts with no relative football talk, just childish **** UC! posts. That is your most vocal group of supporters and they relish in silly name calling. It's bad for your fan base reputation to be represented by that lot. They're ****ing embarrassing.

CU fans do not take pride in beating CSU. Ram fans take immense pride in beating CU. That is why this series sucks from my standpoint. It's a nuisance. Kill it as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Spent last RMS getting married to a Ram and celebrating a Buff win all night long........... I envision a similar evening on Friday (except for the wedding part). Go Buffs!

Spent last RMS getting married to a Ram and celebrating a Buff win all night long...........
:lol: Did you get one of these?

ram.png

Then why does it seem to be the majority of the CSU fans I encounter?

And yes, the CU fans who called out scoreboard on your are idiots.
Bad luck? Maybe because they think it might get under your skin (something both fan bases seem to be at least somewhat eager to do)? I've been treated completely acceptably here (thank you) but there are some tones and phrases used here (and I would imagine among CU fans outside of this environment) that can be a little irritating or frustrating to hear as a CSU fan. I imagine it's the same if you were to read lamenation.

Back