What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It's OU over UT

1976 was the year. There was a three way tie for the Big 8 championship. CU had beaten Oklahoma. Oklahoma had beaten Nebraska, and Nebraska had beaten CU.

CU gets the trip to the Orange Bowl because they were the team that had NOT been to the Orange Bowl the longest. :woot:

I have no issues with how this deal worked out. Somebody will always be on the outside, looking in. If Texas had been chosen, then the folks in Lubbock would be up in arms. That's life.

It's a difficult situation all around, but if UT would've beat TT then there wouldn't be any issues. I don't have the answer for the problems with the current system we have in place in not only the Big XII, but the BCS system in general. Maybe the way you deal with the BCS system is obviously go to a playoff system, and make every conference have a championship game. Take the winner of every championship game and place them in brackets, i.e. NCAA Basketball tourney format, then play until you have two left. Then you would truly have the National Champion. Would give teams like Boise State a true shot at the title.

1976 was the year. There was a three way tie for the Big 8 championship. CU had beaten Oklahoma. Oklahoma had beaten Nebraska, and Nebraska had beaten CU.

CU gets the trip to the Orange Bowl because they were the team that had NOT been to the Orange Bowl the longest. :woot:

Thank God we aren't using that system this year. TT would be getting ready for Mizzou right now. I think we can all pretty much agree that is the least qualified team of the three... :huh:

Thank God we aren't using that system this year. TT would be getting ready for Mizzou right now. I think we can all pretty much agree that is the least qualified team of the three... :huh:

**** that. I give them mad props because Leach, while a run-up-the-score asswad, is ****ing hilarious. They asked him how to break the tie, his answer: graduation rates. TT is number 1 in the B12, UT and OU are 11 and 12 (can't remember the order). Also, Harrell is a hoss. Leads Tech to 21 unanswered with 2 shattered fingers that needed something like 17 pins and 8 hours of surgery. That dude has iron gonads.

Guns up! (or whatever those tortilla flinging asswads say)

I agree with it, mostly because as a fan of the Big 12, I think OU has a better chance of beating Bama or Florida than UT or TTech. JMO though.

Congrats to Sooner fans.

I have it on good authority from my psychotic Gator relatives that a win over Bama is guaranteed.

Oh the mayhem that will ensue if the Tigers beat the Sooners.

:rofl:

I have it on good authority from my psychotic Gator relatives that a win over Bama is guaranteed.

Not really. If UF beats Bama and OU loses, UT/UF in the title game will get no arguments, save for a few ****tard Trojan fans. If Bama wins and OU loses, same thing, Bama/UT. What will cause the mayhem is if OU wins, UF wins, but UT stays ahead of UF in the BCS. That's what I'm hoping for now.

I don't think there'd be much mayhem at all in that situation because it would be the UF/Bama winner against Texas.

Not really. If UF beats Bama and OU loses, UT/UF in the title game will get no arguments, save for a few ****tard Trojan fans. If Bama wins and OU loses, same thing, Bama/UT. What will cause the mayhem is if OU wins, UF wins, but UT stays ahead of UF in the BCS. That's what I'm hoping for now.

Mack Brown, Colt McCoy and the Texas Longhorns in "Back from the Dead"

Bottom line for me is that both teams do have very valid points indeed and it irks me when OU fans and brethren just plain dismiss the fact that Texas beat them the last time both teams were on the same field. OU got lucky and Texas got screwed ... and OU would´ve gotten screwed and Texas gotten lucky had they given the nod to UT instead of OU. I do think OU is the better team right now and most likely would´ve given the nod to them myself, however I am glad I didn´t have to sort out this mess myself. I hope they get another chance to settle this once and for all at Dolphin Stadium.

How bad do you think the Texas safety who dropped the game-ending INT during the TT game feels right now? He could have seeled his teams spot in the CCG

How bad do you think the Texas safety who dropped the game-ending INT during the TT game feels right now? He could have seeled his teams spot in the CCG

Or the two defenders that didn't really do anything to stop Crabtree (although, Tech probably still scores even if they push Crabtree out, but still)

Bottom line for me is that both teams do have very valid points indeed and it irks me when OU fans and brethren just plain dismiss the fact that Texas beat them the last time both teams were on the same field. OU got lucky and Texas got screwed ... and OU would´ve gotten screwed and Texas gotten lucky had they given the nod to UT instead of OU. I do think OU is the better team right now and most likely would´ve given the nod to them myself, however I am glad I didn´t have to sort out this mess myself. I hope they get another chance to settle this once and for all at Dolphin Stadium.

:iagree:

Sure, UT has the obvious head-to-head argument, but I just don't see it as being that simple. OU has done more to impress over the last month and has the stronger OOC schedule as well as the blowout win over TT. It's very close either way you look at it.

Although I am pleased with the results, I have to agree with the comments of one of the ESPN announcers during the Texans-Jags game tonight. He asked the question why in the world the Big 12 would allow pollsters in New York have some impact upon who plays in their championship game.

Great point. No need to argue about who is better or deserving... just doesn't matter. The argument in my opinion is what needs to be done to put this in the hands of the B12 where it belongs.

Whoever agreed to this method for breaking ties should have their head examined and future employment questioned.

Last edited:
Bottom line for me is that both teams do have very valid points indeed and it irks me when OU fans and brethren just plain dismiss the fact that Texas beat them the last time both teams were on the same field.

and what irks me is Texas coaches, fans, athletic department, school and almost the whole state of Texas just plain dismiss the fact that TTech beat Texas..... I have yet to watch or hear of an interview where Mack Brown recognizes and acknowledges that TTech beat Texas on 11/8, even when asked point blank about that game.

and what irks me is Texas coaches, fans, athletic department, school and almost the whole state of Texas just plain dismiss the fact that TTech beat Texas..... I have yet to watch or hear of an interview where Mack Brown recognizes and acknowledges that TTech beat Texas on 11/8, even when asked point blank about that game.

That, of course, is ridiculous also, but why do OU fans lower themselves to their level and not take the moral high ground? BTW, I am not really referring to you here, but OU fans on another board I frequently post on.

I do think it´s ironic that OU´s run after the RRSO would have been all for nothing had Tech lost to Baylor.

I count 115-61 for a difference of 54 points.

Itemized:

FAU: 10 (FG, TD pass from backup QB)
UTEP: 14 (TD, fumble recovered for TD)
Rice: 14 (TD run by backup QB, TD run by fullback)
Arkansas: 7 (interception return)
CU: 3
OU: 15, outcome of game in doubt in 4th
MU: 14, (TD run by fullback, TD pass from backup QB)
OSU: 0
TTU: 14, trailed going into 4th
BU: 3
KU: 0
A&M: 21 (2 TD runs by fullback, TD run by backup QB)

For what it's worth.

you just reinforced his point. probably without realizing it, judging by the feedback you left him.

the context of the post was the tirade that stoops runs up the score. a -6 in the 4th quarter is running up a score? really?

compare that to texas (who is doing most of the whining about running up the score) who is responsible for not the 43 points ubt calculated but 54 per your calculations.

clearly there is a context for the post other than "homerism" (look at who ubt quoted), and a definite point behind what he posted.

you just reinforced his point. probably without realizing it, judging by the feedback you left him.

the context of the post was the tirade that stoops runs up the score. a -6 in the 4th quarter is running up a score? really?

compare that to texas (who is doing most of the whining about running up the score) who is responsible for not the 43 points ubt calculated but 54 per your calculations.

clearly there is a context for the post other than "homerism" (look at who ubt quoted), and a definite point behind what he posted.

I think aik was just showing that Texass wasn't running the score up by showing how those 4th quarter points were scored (mainly by backups).

Neither OU or UT has run up the score IMO.

I think aik was just showing that Texass wasn't running the score up by showing how those 4th quarter points were scored (mainly by backups).

Neither OU or UT has run up the score IMO.

looking at the season's results, i would not accuse texas of trying to run up ANY score. :lol:

they certainly are more active in the 4th quarter than the sooners. a point that was lost on varsity, who has the perception that stoops sends in the dogs amd gluts on a scorefest late in the game. or it would seem so from his post.

by the way, people tend to consider pass tds as an indicator of "running up the score" moreso than run plays. perhaps the fullback was a backup too? :smile:

looking at the season's results, i would not accuse texas of trying to run up ANY score. :lol:

they certainly are more active in the 4th quarter than the sooners. a point that was lost on varsity, who has the perception that stoops sends in the dogs amd gluts on a scorefest late in the game. or it would seem so from his post.

by the way, people tend to consider pass tds as an indicator of "running up the score" moreso than run plays. perhaps the fullback was a backup too? :smile:

If you are a top caliber team trying to get to the National Championship, you should run up the score. Since computers are calculating everything, do what is best for your team. Obviously I disagree with keeping starters in in unnecessary scenarios, but if your backups can score, ****ing DO IT!! This is college football, not little league...if your opponents get butthurt over getting whooped then they should have quit playing sports long ago.

Back