What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

J-Fly Bye Bye?

I'm pulling for JFly's wrap career. I'm hoping he becomes a mega wrap star, makes billions, then sends a $50 million check to the CU athletic program. Hell, make it a hun. So, to get him off to a fast start, JFly, this is for you!

Hey everybody my name is JFly
I love the ladies and make 'em cry
I caught the ball when I was a Buff
But wanted to rap and said that is enuff
I was ballin
I was haulin
I played with my cuz
For coach Dan Hawkins
But in my heart I wanted to be rappin
The U of Colorado didn't have music classes
So I picked up my ball and said I ain't playin no more
I know lots of fans are callin' me a whore
But they ain't nuthin but a bunch of little bitches
Cause it's only bout music is what this is

I'm pulling for JFly's wrap career. I'm hoping he becomes a mega wrap star, makes billions, then sends a $50 million check to the CU athletic program. Hell, make it a hun. So, to get him off to a fast start, JFly, this is for you!

Hey everybody my name is JFly
I love the ladies and make 'em cry
I caught the ball when I was a Buff
But wanted to rap and said that is enuff
I was ballin
I was haulin
I played with my cuz
For coach Dan Hawkins
But in my heart I wanted to be rappin
The U of Colorado didn't have music classes
So I picked up my ball and said I ain't playin no more
I know lots of fans are callin' me a whore
But they ain't nuthin but a bunch of little bitches
Cause it's only bout music is what this is

Holy **** DBT. You are a true genius. Your rhymes me sooo much to me.

Ya think there is a place for a 55 year old, balding, slightly overweight, white rapper?

I didn't think so. :huh:

Never kill a dream, DBT.

[video=youtube;fBRKWuImNYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBRKWuImNYk&feature=related[/video]

He was not a WR anyway. He was an athlete with some return skills.

I get what you are saying but he did catch a huge percentage of balls last year.

So what is our depth chart at WR looking like this year... I hope that kid transferring in from Michigan is all that... We will need him next year. Just too bad he can't play this year.

I get what you are saying but he did catch a huge percentage of balls last year.

So what is our depth chart at WR looking like this year... I hope that kid transferring in from Michigan is all that... We will need him next year. Just too bad he can't play this year.

The change from 3-wide receiver to 2-back may be a necessity, simply because we won't have enough wide receivers to run a 3-wide receiver offense next year.

Returning wide receivers:

Scotty McKnight (5-11, 185, Jr)
Markques Simas (6-2, 200, So)
Bunch of walk-ons.

The change from 3-wide receiver to 2-back may be a necessity, simply because we won't have enough wide receivers to run a 3-wide receiver offense next year.

Bunch of walk-ons.

McKnight was a walk on, no?

Bunch of walk-ons.

Cool... Love how Hawk has increased the depth at the skill positions in 3 years.. :lol:

Isn't this the same crap we were bitching about with Barnett?

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe Hawk has gotten silent verbals from 4-5 blue chip WRs during the Spring evaluation period and J-Fly was worried about playing time.

Nothing wrong with being an optimist, right?

For Smith this is about music, but also about lost PT. His routes are poor and he saw all the RBs return kicks in the spring game.

I really thought Wallace would start contributing this year - he seemed pretty solid.

Cool... Love how Hawk has increased the depth at the skill positions in 3 years.. :lol:

Isn't this the same crap we were bitching about with Barnett?

Among other things...

muppet_statler_waldorf.jpg

Frank: Jimmy, you not down with a 5 star rb and a 4 star rb and a complete hidden gem in the same rb class adding to depth?

Jimmy: Yea!!! the depth of hawks drowing pool!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha

Jimmy: Frank, dont you think that hawk should have forseen two years ago that the young JS was a rapper and not a football player?

Frank: What else could hawk recruit other than rappers? i have not seen a real football player on the field in folsom since i rushed the filed in '01.

ha ha ha ha ha

Jimmy: Frank, do we lose anything with J-Fly transfering?

Frank: Yea!!! we lose watching the most over rated WR in CU history!!! Good riddance!!! friggin Rico Smith part II.

ha ha ha ha ha

Jimmy: yah! **** those guys.

:gobuffs:

i think i have that about right.

i admit, i am having a jimmybuff moment and i want to freaking rant.

but, instead, i am just going to say a couple things to vent a bit:

1. if this is the staff that is going to get it done, they sure seem to find themselves in the hole a lot. and time is running short. you have to deliver or the foundation of feel-good will not be sustained.

2. even elite programs (of which, sadly, we have not been in the company for many years now) often require several false starts before they get the right staff in place.

3. we get what we deserve, collectively, as fans. we want a ferrari but we pay for a yugo. the die-hards around here are great, but there are just not enough of 'em.

I LOVE how you guys are blaming Hawk and jumping off the bandwagon because one good player transferred (a better pure WR just transferred in btw). Now... losing 2,000 All-Purpose yards is definitely not a good thing. But LMAO off at "J-Fly" (believe he gave himself that nickname) and his logic...who needs a degree to become a rapper??? I'd like to hear the title of that major:lol::rolleyes:

The WR situation is downright comical now. The fact some of you have a ho-hum attitude toward this is a little weird. It is now the third WR transfer since the start of last season. No way to spin it, that kills a depth chart.

The WR situation is downright comical now. The fact some of you have a ho-hum attitude toward this is a little weird. It is now the third WR transfer since the start of last season. No way to spin it, that kills a depth chart.

Sucks for depth... but anyone who went to practice knows that even the walk-ons (Maxwell, Espy) were worlds ahead of J-Fly as a WR. Word is he didn't even know 10% of the playbook. I think he could become a good WR in time but he didn't show anything to make me believe he was a Big XII WR this Spring. JMO

Worst case scenario:
J-Fly leaves. Trashes the program. Pulls Darrell Scott with him. The team chemistry falls apart. Even the die hard supporters of Hawkens recognize a failed experiment when they see one.

Best case scenario:
J-Fly's presense in the locker room and on the field is not missed. Simas, McKnight, Espinoza, Usery and the TE's provide an over-the-top threat to balance out the running juggernaut that Denver Johnson and Darien Hagan are building with a solid core of OL and RBs.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. The thought of CU losing Josh spoiled my evening. But the more I think about it, the more I recognize that Cody Hawkins and J-Fly's chemistry did not get any better over two years.

If J-Fly was not part of the 2008 campaign, the Buffs would have missed out on 1900+ all purpose yards, putting that weak offense even more into a hole, and CU probably would have lost the WVU game.

Losing Josh now sucks, but its better for the team than losing him earlier. Someone else just has to step up.

I liked Smith and I'm going to miss him. I was not expecting to read this news on what was otherwise a fine Brussels morning.

Sucks for depth... but anyone who went to practice knows that even the walk-ons (Maxwell, Espy) were worlds ahead of J-Fly as a WR. Word is he didn't even know 10% of the playbook. I think he could become a good WR in time but he didn't show anything to make me believe he was a Big XII WR this Spring. JMO

Losing Smith by himself isn't bad. Losing Celestine, Blackmon, and Smith in less than a year's time is bad. The staff has flat out dropped the ball at the WR position. Sooner or later that has to change if this team is ever going to be a legit Big 12 contender.

Losing Smith by himself isn't bad. Losing Celestine, Blackmon, and Smith in less than a year's time is bad. The staff has flat out dropped the ball at the WR position. Sooner or later that has to change if this team is ever going to be a legit Big 12 contender.

Got Celestine back. I don't think the staff could really drop the ball on those guys anyway... Blackmon left to be closer to home, Celestine to closer to home to take care of his kid, and Smith for his "music" degree. All of which coudn't really be controlled by the staff. They should have taken more WR's tho for more depth.

Back to J-Fly. One of my buddies was on the video team and said Smith did nothing but bitc* after practice was closed. He described him as the team "baby." He also didn't have the dedication in the film/weight room, or to the team in general. Take that FWIW.

Bingo..

I was under the impression that the spread offense is an exciting one to play in for receivers. I guess everywhere except in Boulder..

J-Fly also played a big part in special teams on returns.. Its not like the Buffs are oozing with numerous players with that ability to break a return..

Bingo..

I was under the impression that the spread offense is an exciting one to play in for receivers. I guess everywhere except in Boulder..

J-Fly also played a big part in special teams on returns.. Its not like the Buffs are oozing with numerous players with that ability to break a return..

We don't run the Spread anymore...

Got Celestine back. I don't think the staff could really drop the ball on those guys anyway... Blackmon left to be closer to home, Celestine to closer to home to take care of his kid, and Smith for his "music" degree. All of which coudn't really be controlled by the staff. They should have taken more WR's tho for more depth.

Back to J-Fly. One of my buddies was on the video team and said Smith did nothing but bitc* after practice was closed. He described him as the team "baby." He also didn't have the dedication in the film/weight room, or to the team in general. Take that FWIW.

And Blackmon used to hang our your dorm window and hurl obscene language at passers by. C'mon Slider, you gotta give us these nuggets before the players leave the program. That's what we pay you to do (in Allbuffs dollars).

this. and that the new savior smashmouth OC is the former WR coach, seems kinda strange. maybe everything isn't machu pichu at Hawk's uptalk sun-tzu camp on the hill. you get top WR's when you have a QB who can sling it.

Unreal, every off-season cu gets hit with a big pile of $hit. Josh smith leaving to go to a school to enhance his rapping? What effing ever.

This sucks and are things on the field and transfers really better than when barney was here?

I may have to revise the win total due to no wr's other than mcknight and simas.

Back