What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

J-Fly Bye Bye?

Is this thread still open?

Whatever happened, the guy is gone now. Time to move on.

I'm curious as to where J-Fly ends up hanging his hat this fall.

Keep in mind that CU still has an obligation to fund his scholarship at this point.

While the odds are remote, he technically still has the option to stick around good old CU. Once he looks at the numbers and gets his application letters back from USC and where ever else he is applying, his CU option might look better and better.

The fact Josh is keeping mum tells me that this story isn't over yet.

Ucla? Perfect :lol:

CU loses players for the strangest reasons, prayer smack, closer to home when it's obvious a coach, rap degrees, tin foil heismans....

Nothing shocks me anymore at CU, I now expect some turmoil every off-season.

12-2 AND BIG 12 CHAMPS and BCS BOWL WIN.

UCLA = University of Colorado Loses Another

Joining OL Kai Maiva, WR Smith told reporters that CU was interested in joining the Pac 10 one player at a time.

That's a lot of speculation right there.

Not really, the scuttle has been that Erickson or the ASU QB is trying to get him to move.

He was clearly a Helfrich guy so like when Keisau left Cal he maybe talking to his own players, Kiesau was nice enough to talk D. Jackson and Lynch into staying at Cal and not following him, maybe Helfrish is less of a stand up guy.

And we all hate Skippy he has to share some blame, maybe he has Kai talking to JS?

http://allbuffs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36193

That is still a lot of speculation.

Still too much speculation for you?

All Los Angeles schools with football programs should have been included from the get-go. Or immediately following the appeals process.

This release reminds me of how the AD addressed the parking lot issue. Make a move that was not all the way thought through, get a back-lash, and then compromise after the fact. It's pretty inefficient to waste the time of the appeal board if they are ruling on something that isn't a last and best offer. Seems like Josh could issue an other appeal, now, as the terms of the release has now changed.

All Los Angeles schools with football programs should have been included from the get-go. Or immediately following the appeals process.

This release reminds me of how the AD addressed the parking lot issue. Make a move that was not all the way thought through, get a back-lash, and then compromise after the fact. It's pretty inefficient to waste the time of the appeal board if they are ruling on something that isn't a last and best offer. Seems like Josh could issue an other appeal, now, as the terms of the release has now changed.

Good post. I agree it is inefficient. You might even be right that Josh could file another appeal, but I think that is doubtful since it sounds like Hawk and Josh came to the agreement together. I'm just we put the whole situation to rest and focus on the guys who will be putting it on the line for the Buffs in 2009.

Good post. I agree it is inefficient. You might even be right that Josh could file another appeal, but I think that is doubtful since it sounds like Hawk and Josh came to the agreement together. I'm just we put the whole situation to rest and focus on the guys who will be putting it on the line for the Buffs in 2009.

Yep. My guess is that UCLA is the real deal. U$C was just to make a point.

I'm still curious to hear what Josh has to say, though. After that, I'll be ready to but this rest.

Ucla? Perfect :lol:

CU loses players for the strangest reasons, prayer smack, closer to home when it's obvious a coach, rap degrees, tin foil heismans....

Nothing shocks me anymore at CU, I now expect some turmoil every off-season.

12-2 AND BIG 12 CHAMPS and BCS BOWL WIN.

Coaches too. Who ever heard of a coach leaving a legitimate top 10 if not top 5 program that he built because of religion?? Such is our luck I guess...

Josh Smith, IMO, didn't have the desire to play football and was just getting a free scholarship for a major that isn't necessary in the major's field of work. Dan Hawkins can recruit all those players who will work hard but a few slackers will always slip through the cracks.

Josh Smith, IMO, didn't have the desire to play football and was just getting a free scholarship for a major that isn't necessary in the major's field of work. Dan Hawkins can recruit all those players who will work hard but a few slackers will always slip through the cracks.

And lets be honest here--- Hawkins would likely be more willing to take a chance on Josh with the strings that might draw Josh's nephew with him a year later-- which worked. now if Josh wants to leave, you are ust trying to keep the nephew here at CU. Part of the draw of Josh was the draw of Darrell Scott. So even if Josh did not look like he worked real hard, his stock was raised by the 'we want to play together in college' line.

And lets be honest here--- Hawkins would likely be more willing to take a chance on Josh with the strings that might draw Josh's nephew with him a year later-- which worked. now if Josh wants to leave, you are ust trying to keep the nephew here at CU. Part of the draw of Josh was the draw of Darrell Scott. So even if Josh did not look like he worked real hard, his stock was raised by the 'we want to play together in college' line.
smart move by Josh

Back