What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

J-Fly Bye Bye?

I am not buying the "left CU because it didn't offer this music major". There is something else there, and Slider you seem to have some insight some of us don't have the luxury of knowing. Is your expertise only in admissions or do you have other sources, and why can't you divulge your knowledge?

Well I am heartily looking forward to some passes and endarounds to the undersized walk on.

Last year's available receivers: McKnight, P Williams, Smith, Crawford, Blackmon, walk ons.

This year's available receivers: McKnight, Simas, Simmons, Darden, Ussery, Espinoza, walk ons.

Losing Smith hurts, but I would argue we're still better at the position this year than last, and we should be even better in 2010 with some reinforcements coming in.

Get off the ledge.

I am not buying the "left CU because it didn't offer this music major". There is something else there, and Slider you seem to have some insight some of us don't have the luxury of knowing. Is your expertise only in admissions or do you have other sources, and why can't you divulge your knowledge?

:smile2: I don't know why Smith left or if his reason is legit. I'll just leave it at that.

I'm waiting for someone to post that with the exodus of offensive players this Spring... that letting go of Helfrich was the wrong thing to do. He was OBVIOUSLY one of the most popular coaches. We really screwed the pooch in letting him go:lol:

yeah, it's not like one can picture the scenario where the rep at Interscope says "we'd love to sign you Josh, but i see you didn't major in hip-hop in college....so, even though your demo blew our minds, we're gonna pass. we really need to see that degree to make a commit".

I'm waiting for someone to post that with the exodus of offensive players this Spring... that letting go of Helfrich was the wrong thing to do. He was OBVIOUSLY one of the most popular coaches. We really screwed the pooch in letting him go:lol:

I guess it is too bad oRegon doesn't offer hiphopology:smile2:

Bummer - I like Smith. It will hurt on Punt Returns.... but maybe this gives Speedy a chance on KR... and on PR if he can get his **** together.

Back to J-Fly. One of my buddies was on the video team and said Smith did nothing but bitc* after practice was closed. He described him as the team "baby." He also didn't have the dedication in the film/weight room, or to the team in general. Take that FWIW.

I pointed out how small J-Fly looked after spending two years in a serious weight program and got blasted for it. I'm too lazy to look for my original post.

Ya I think it's about a normal amount of attrition, maybe a little above average. The fact that it is mainly at the WR position is purely coincidence imo. We will have 5 new WR's on campus this Fall assuming Celestine is back on the team (with the loss of 2 in Blackmon and Smith)

...head firmly implanted in ass.

Who's returning kicks for us now? We may not want Espinoza back there now since he'll be needed at WR. Speedy maybe, but again we don't want to tire him out.

I nominate Polk. Dude is fast, wants to play, already redshirted, but won't be up to speed at safety yet, and it's a way to get one of our more talented players on the field with the ball in his hands.

Who's returning kicks for us now? We may not want Espinoza back there now since he'll be needed at WR. Speedy maybe, but again we don't want to tire him out.

I nominate Polk. Dude is fast, wants to play, already redshirted, but won't be up to speed at safety yet, and it's a way to get one of our more talented players on the field with the ball in his hands.

I thought that polk's hands were suspect. I certainly don't want someone who is prone to dropping balls or fumbling back there.

Players transfer all the time it's just a fact of life but this is the funniest reason I have ever heard for a reason to transfer. Imagine all the street cred Smith will get with a degree in rap music!!!!!:lol::lol: I guess Bo Pellini made the right decision on telling Patrick Witt to leave before going thru spring practice. cu just got f**ked by these guys because there was time wasted on them during the spring.

Espinoza?

OK, dawgs, quit yo cryin'
The sun came up and it's still shinin'
JFly is gone there ain't no doubtin'
But what good it do to keep on poutin'
So suck up yo balls and look to the future
We got the boyz on the team we gotta root for

Hell, since he's leaving the team to further his wrap career, I figure, why not make all the posts in this thread in rapese?

Last edited:
OK, dawgs, quit yo cryin'
The sun came up and it's still shinin'
JFly is gone there ain't no doubtin'
But what good it do to keep on poutin'
So suck up yo balls and look to the future
We got the boyz on the team we gotta roor for

Hell, since he's leaving the team to further his wrap career, I figure, why not make all the posts in this thread in rapese?

Just you please. Cracking me up.

Yo,yo, yo, j-fly go
10 win season no mo
Who we got to catch the rock
5-10 guys as fast as a sock

Put yo hands in the air
wave them like you just don't care

Winning season in 2009
or hawk be coaching
at school of the mine

Yo,yo, yo, j-fly go
10 win season no mo

Put yo hands in the air

Winning season in 2009
or hawk be coaching
at school of the mine

I liked it all except the Cameo remix part.

Yo,yo, yo, j-fly go
10 win season no mo

Put yo hands in the air

Winning season in 2009
or hawk be coaching
at school of the mine
:lol:

Yo,yo, yo, j-fly go
10 win season no mo

Put yo hands in the air

Winning season in 2009
or hawk be coaching
at school of the mine

F-ing Hilarious! :lol:

Man, what a sheety turn of events. :sad1: Hawk better have a winning season or the fans and supporters will start jumping off the Hawktrain. :huh:

Some of the stuff on this board cracks me up. Ya losing Smith SUCKS... but now all of the sudden Hawk doesn't know what he's doing

When has Hawkins demonstrated any spectacular level of competence during his tenure at CU? Frankly, since CU hired Hawkins, Boise has been better and CU has been worse. To have one experienced WR - ONE - on your roster heading into your fourth coaching year is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard about a big time college football coach.

When has Hawkins demonstrated any spectacular level of competence during his tenure at CU? Frankly, since CU hired Hawkins, Boise has been better and CU has been worse. To have one experienced WR - ONE - on your roster heading into your fourth coaching year is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard about a big time college football coach.

so what is you solution?

Not sure, obviously; it is just disappointing. I liked what Josh brought to the team and think he had and has tons of room for improvement. I also had met him and talked to him for a while and liked the kid, so perhaps I am biased.

Back