What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

J.R.Payne

Bmixer

Have to admit, all her retweeting and congratulating Oregon is getting old. I know she if friends with Graves but it is getting old. I wish her team was at least competitive. I do not have high hopes for next year even though in a recent article she said she was positive. I guess I am just a grumpy old man

Have to admit, all her retweeting and congratulating Oregon is getting old. I know she if friends with Graves but it is getting old. I wish her team was at least competitive. I do not have high hopes for next year even though in a recent article she said she was positive. I guess I am just a grumpy old man
I understand “back the PAC” and all, but it does go a bit too far for me also.

Less time worrying about what other teams do and more time figuring out how the hell your going to turn this ship around.

I really like Payne. I thought this year was going to be the year they make a big jump, but they got bit HARD by the injury bug. Sucks. Her recruiting has been decent, but it appears like she had trouble getting the players to stay. I am not sure how much more time she is going to get if they have another garbage year.

I don't get how losing girls to transfer year after year is a recurring problem with this program, but it seems like it is, no matter who the coach is.

IMO the transfer problem comes from recruiting too many non pac 12 quality players or players that do not understand the grind of college athletics. Carter, Diop, Curtis and others should not have been here imo. I know Carter was a walk on but usually walks ons become good or they last a year or two. I think Howell stated in his article about the team for next year mentioned in J.R.s regime 10 players have transferred. That needs to turn around. The players that really hurt imo when they transferred was Bunn and Swartz this year. Next year is going to be rough imo. The freshman class has to be great or they will have trouble winning more than 2 pac 12 games

Carter was a walk-on who isn't good enough to be on a P5 team, not even Colorado. I think JR went the JUCO route the first year because of getting here so late and nobody lined up by the previous coach. Remember Kennedy and Lexi and the transfers from CU already approved so CU was going to be much worse had Lappe stayed another year.

Graves gave was JR's coach her last two years of college and he gave her a start in coaching. I thought she talked about him too much at her introductory presser. RG made a comment about it.

Carter was a walk-on who isn't good enough to be on a P5 team, not even Colorado. I think JR went the JUCO route the first year because of getting here so late and nobody lined up by the previous coach. Remember Kennedy and Lexi and the transfers from CU already approved so CU was going to be much worse had Lappe stayed another year.

Graves gave was JR's coach her last two years of college and he gave her a start in coaching. I thought she talked about him too much at her introductory presser. RG made a comment about it.

I agree Lappe had to go and I am not in the boat with J.R. yet, but this program should be better imo. I do not mind if she congratulates him once but the other night it was like a ton of retweets about Oregon winning. I still am not sure of her recruiting but I do think she needs at least 1 more year to see the program go in the right direction. I do not expect them to make a tourney next year but need to look like they are competitive in the Pac 12 and competing for a better quality of player on the recruiting trail. I also think CU will keep her 2 more years till McIntyre's salary is off the books.

I agree Lappe had to go and I am not in the boat with J.R. yet, but this program should be better imo. I do not mind if she congratulates him once but the other night it was like a ton of retweets about Oregon winning. I still am not sure of her recruiting but I do think she needs at least 1 more year to see the program go in the right direction. I do not expect them to make a tourney next year but need to look like they are competitive in the Pac 12 and competing for a better quality of player on the recruiting trail. I also think CU will keep her 2 more years till McIntyre's salary is off the books.

As far as her congratulating Oregon tweets......meh. I don't really care. I am a little alarmed at how noncompetitive our WBB is, and I think we can probably find a way to make a change there if we need to. I think if we're looking at 1-2 more rebuilding years before we're really competitive and we're one more bad season away from a coaching change, its best to do it now rather than make the questions about Payne's security (or lackthereof) become even more of a problem in recruiting.

Back