What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jack Graham's actual performance review

Wouldn't an effective leader know this and work with it?

Some times the folks you work with are so unambitious and such self-centered victims it is impossible to stem the tide. An effective leader fires those people which may have been impossible or at best very difficult in this situation.

Some times the folks you work with are so unambitious and such self-centered victims it is impossible to stem the tide. An effective leader fires those people which may have been impossible or at best very difficult in this situation.

And in the university setting those unambitious and self-centered victims have resources that make cleaning house difficult.

Also in the setting he was working in he would have had significantly more people that he interacted with and had responsibility over than were actually used in the process.

If they wanted to find a reason to fire him it would not have been hard to select the "right" people to do the evaluation to get the results they wanted.

My previous employer had a guy running the commercial banking division who was a total moron. He had zero people skills. He communicated poorly and inspired nobody to do anything other than the bare minimum. People made fun of him behind his back. They ran through commercial bankers like they were water. Every one of them, on their way out he door, let HR know in no uncertain terms what a douche the guy was. Productivity has stagnated, the stock price has plateaued, and turnover has been rampant.

He's still there.

He's a really good ass kisser. Sometimes, that's all that matters. Graham was clearly not a good ass kisser.

This is my previous Boss's replacement to a T. Everybody that was anybody as a sales person hit the door because he was such an asshole. Sales went down 50% a year the first year after my boss left. And 50% more the 2nd year. I found out last week that they promoted the guy from Dist Manager to Regional Manager. :rofl:

It's still an open question whether the performance review triggered the decision to fire, or the decision to fire triggered the performance review. It seems hard to believe that a stagnant, bureaucratic institution like a state university could move forward with firing someone within six weeks of a performance review being completed. Hell under normal circumstances it would probably take a month before anyone at the university got around to looking at the results. It seems hard to believe they could have the report reviewed by everyone necessary, make the decision to fire him, and line all the ducks up to get it done in the time between "June 2014" and last Friday. This seems like a convenient back-filled justification for a decision they'd already made.

Now that I think about it, it seems a little fishy that the consultant put the date "June 2014" on it rather than the specific date the report was delivered. That seems like the sort of thing you do (or are told to do) when it's going to be nice to have some wiggle room in your timeline.

I agree. I think he did something really dumb at some point and it caught up with him. That shoe has yet to drop.

So, it appears there are 10 employees in the AD including the AD himself. Of the 9 "direct charges" who evaluated him, a couple gave him a decent evaluation. Looks like the rest didn't care for him. My guess is the assistant AD who is now interim and his secretary gave him the better evaluation.

Who are the 9 that are his direct charges? Are head coaches included? I wouldn't think so.

Also in the setting he was working in he would have had significantly more people that he interacted with and had responsibility over than were actually used in the process.

If they wanted to find a reason to fire him it would not have been hard to select the "right" people to do the evaluation to get the results they wanted.

I am sure the performance evaluation had nothing to do with his dismissal. The evaluation was dug up by the newspaper looking for dirt. Bottom line, CSU could and did fire without cause. Whatever the disagreement between Jack Graham and Tony Frank, personal or AD related, will probably stay between them. Which, I hope it does.

I am sure the performance evaluation had nothing to do with his dismissal. The evaluation was dug up by the newspaper looking for dirt. Bottom line, CSU could and did fire without cause. Whatever the disagreement between Jack Graham and Tony Frank, personal or AD related, will probably stay between them. Which, I hope it does.

My guess was that Graham did something like try to poach an academic investment over to the athletic department. It's the type of thing I'd do (being a businessperson & entrepreneur) and it's also the type of thing that would get you fired from a university if you got caught.

all that goat-****ing up there has to come to light, man. it is an outrage and something must be done. you may want to sweep the pics of the goat-****ing under the hay in the barn, but the goat-****ing is a crime against nature.

Oh, no, no, no, NO! You guys bitch and moan about wanting to run with the big boys? Then you get your dirty laundry aired and twisted in the media just like the big boys!
Nothing would prove little brotherness more than if this quietly goes away - it means NO ONE ****ING CARES ABOUT YOU! :lol:

Damn, been aggressive lately. Is it football season yet? I need a TV to yell at.

all that goat-****ing up there has to come to light, man. it is an outrage and something must be done. you may want to sweep the pics of the goat-****ing under the hay in the barn, but the goat-****ing is a crime against nature.

[video=youtube;gbIv7W7rhx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIv7W7rhx4[/video]

:lol: Probably more Buff fans care than CSU fans exist. Of course, it doesn't really help your cause.

That's the truth. It's the heart of the problem for CSU. Playing CU drums up so much interest from people in the state of Colorado (mostly CU fans) that people pay more attention to their program, they get more media coverage, they make a big chunk of their AD revenues off that 1 game, and they get a significant EVENT to sell to recruits.

CU is the only reason that CSU isn't well behind Wyoming and New Mexico, which are flagship programs for those respective states.

That's the truth. It's the heart of the problem for CSU. Playing CU drums up so much interest from people in the state of Colorado (mostly CU fans) that people pay more attention to their program, they get more media coverage, they make a big chunk of their AD revenues off that 1 game, and they get a significant EVENT to sell to recruits.

CU is the only reason that CSU isn't well behind Wyoming and New Mexico, which are flagship programs for those respective states.

Therein lies the problem with CU fans. You truly believe that CU is the reason for any success we may have. Thanks, I guess.

We are clearly not doing our job well enough.

There's only so much CU can do. I mean, after getting them their only real media attention, giving their players a reason to get excited to play this season, giving their fans a reason to care about this season, and loading their budget resources by agreeing to play this game, I just don't know what more CU can do for them.

There's only so much CU can do. I mean, after getting them their only real media attention, giving their players a reason to get excited to play this season, giving their fans a reason to care about this season, and loading their budget resources by agreeing to play this game, I just don't know what more CU can do for them.

The think we should either somehow drag them into our league or for us to drop to their league and share like good brothers do.

Back