What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jake Moretti Medically Retires

Best wishes to Jake. Does that mean Buffs4Life gets involved and assists him? Just wondering.

Best wishes to Jake. Does that mean Buffs4Life gets involved and assists him? Just wondering.
Shouldn't be any need. Jake will be on full scholarship through when his eligibility would have ended. He will also be able to make full use of athletic department resources including academic support and full medical support.

He is a bright guy who is a hard worker. He should leave CU with a degree and a strong future.

Shouldn't be any need. Jake will be on full scholarship through when his eligibility would have ended. He will also be able to make full use of athletic department resources including academic support and full medical support.

He is a bright guy who is a hard worker. He should leave CU with a degree and a strong future.

Sounds great and he'll leave with a stronger knee?

Sounds great and he'll leave with a stronger knee?
I'm not a doctor and won't speculate. A lot of guys (myself included) spend the rest of their life dealing with the consequences of playing the game.

My point is that he will have the opportunity to finish his education and get on with life. Based on how he approached football I wouldn't bet against him being a solid success.

Like all, I’m sorry to hear this. He gave his best. I hope he finds this decision liberating in some way and has a wonderful career in whatever field he chooses.

Sucks for him, as far as playing ball. This game is unforgiving sometimes. Best of luck to you young man.

Back