What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jaleel Awini (former AFA/Rangeview QB)...

I thought if you got expelled or whatever you didn't have to sit out? Was he booted from the team only?

Getting expelled does not exempt you from the NCAA transfer rules. He has to sit out a year. He can apply for a hardship waiver but you need unusual circumstances for it to be granted.

Getting expelled does not exempt you from the NCAA transfer rules. He has to sit out a year. He can apply for a hardship waiver but you need unusual circumstances for it to be granted.

Are you sure? Maryland had a basketball player eligible immediately because he was expelled from a different school.

Are you sure? Maryland had a basketball player eligible immediately because he was expelled from a different school.

Would seem odd if a student in good standing has to sit a year following a transfer while someone who was expelled gets to play immediately. Then again this is the NCAA we're talking about so that's probably about right.

Marcus Houston got one and I'd say there was no reason he did other than he was soft.

Straight from his mouth...sounds like his choice is CU. I'll believe it when I see it, because so many things can go wrong and change things.

Straight from his mouth...sounds like his choice is CU. I'll believe it when I see it, because so many things can go wrong and change things.

A creative offensive coordinator should be able to integrate him into some packages....I like the little I saw of him at AFA

The player was expelled from Xavier I believe because he was accused of sexual assault. The DA decided to not prosecute because of lack of evidence - Xavier said they were not held to the same burden of proof as the justice system and kicked him out. He did file a hardship waiver with the NCAA and it denied initially and then granted after Maryland appealed. Yes I am sure.

He's not intending to enroll until summer while taking some Juco classes. Missing spring doesn't matter since he supposedly would have to sit in the Fall, unless he got an exemption.

Personally would like him here asap to figure out if this kid is a QB or WR, etc.

then we really need to start looking at plan B - if you can take an official visit after committing, then we can start looking also. BAM

My calibration here is that we're talking about a small 3rd-team guy from AFA who got booted outta their school. Hard. time. gettin'. interested. IMO if he wants to play next year at some position he should call Northern Colorado.

My calibration here is that we're talking about a small 3rd-team guy from AFA who got booted outta their school. Hard. time. gettin'. interested. IMO if he wants to play next year at some position he should call Northern Colorado.

Miscalculation on a number of fronts.

The kid coming out of HS was a legit 6'2" 210 pounds. He started the season as a backup for the AFA as a frosh but was ticketed to be the starter sooner than later even if the guys in front of him hadn't gotten hurt.

I don't know what his speed measures but from watching him play I'd bet he has better speed than some of the guys we have been playing at RB and WR. He isn't anything like PRich fast but he is a quality athlete who from that aspect would be an upgrade over some people we have been putting on the field.

What I didn't see from him is a guy with the skills to be a QB in the kind of offense we run. He has the arm strength but I didn't see the accuracy and I didn't see the ability to read and make decisions. A part of that very well could have been playing in the AFA offense. I do think that he is a good enough athlete that if he can't be a QB here he could contribute at another position.

Yeah, you should recalibrate. He ended up starting for AFA, He had offers from Vandy and Indiana out of HS, which is more BCS offers than what most of our 2014 class has.

The kid is an athlete. I have a hunch that we are recruiting him as such. We need all that we can get at this point. :bang:

Marcus Houston got one and I'd say there was no reason he did other than he was soft.

Rumor has it there was documentation included in his request that he was
Verbally abused by his position coach. Certainly the NCAA saw something they didn't like.

I really wished it had worked out
for him as he was a force until that hip flexor injury. He was never the same again with us or CSU.

That and the Ochs debacle and GB supposedly gave up on recruiting anyone that gave him a whiff of being a prima dona with the accompanying parents.

Rumor has it there was documentation included in his request that he was
Verbally abused by his position coach. Certainly the NCAA saw something they didn't like.

I really wished it had worked out
for him as he was a force until that hip flexor injury. He was never the same again with us or CSU.

That and the Ochs debacle and GB supposedly gave up on recruiting anyone that gave him a whiff of being a prima dona with the accompanying parents.

Marcus Houston's Mom worked in public relations and the Houston family ran to the press all the time to try their case. When I played football I thought Verbal abuse was a part of coaching - I got called a lot worse that "Markeha" or whatever it was. The real abuse was running stadium stairs - I did not like that. CU did not challenge the appeal, I think CU and the NCAA just wanted the Houston family drama to go away.

Marcus Houston's Mom worked in public relations and the Houston family ran to the press all the time to try their case. When I played football I thought Verbal abuse was a part of coaching - I got called a lot worse that "Markeha" or whatever it was. The real abuse was running stadium stairs - I did not like that. CU did not challenge the appeal, I think CU and the NCAA just wanted the Houston family drama to go away.

Markeshea.

I have heard a few unrelated things over the past few years about the Houston family. I do not believe they are bad people, but I do believe there is a sense of how their affairs should be treated and I am of the opinion the perception of how things should go and reality do not meet. JMO. The Ochs and Houston situation were bad for CU. I really am not sure exactly what went on, but I remember EB from my time at CU. I had a run in with him, he could be pretty unpleasant at times. I also saw how he dealt with players while he was here, again from the stands or whatever. That being said, when I played, and it was not above the HS level, I was called every name in the book, shoved,kicked and had the helmet slap, by whistle, hand or coin frequently. It is a rough game and if you insist on everything being PC, I kind of doubt you are going to get very far.

I have heard a few unrelated things over the past few years about the Houston family. I do not believe they are bad people, but I do believe there is a sense of how their affairs should be treated and I am of the opinion the perception of how things should go and reality do not meet. JMO. The Ochs and Houston situation were bad for CU. I really am not sure exactly what went on, but I remember EB from my time at CU. I had a run in with him, he could be pretty unpleasant at times. I also saw how he dealt with players while he was here, again from the stands or whatever. That being said, when I played, and it was not above the HS level, I was called every name in the book, shoved,kicked and had the helmet slap, by whistle, hand or coin frequently. It is a rough game and if you insist on everything being PC, I kind of doubt you are going to get very far.

Probably deserved it too.

With Wood graduating, leaving us with 2 guys in the Spring and Apsay as a pure frosh added in the Fall, I am now hoping that:
a.) Awini is coming to Boulder
b.) he somehow manages to get an exemption

Back