What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

James Franklin / Vanderbilt

Why didn't we include provisions in his contract that required him to takeover all the payments we're making to former coaches if he leaves? Stupid.

No SEC program will touch MM with a ten foot pole with his recruiting record right now

No SEC program will touch MM with a ten foot pole with his recruiting record right now

Yup. No ties to the SEC and the South besides attending Vandy for a couple of years. Who would be on his staff? Neinas? Everyone is worried about losing MM, but he hasn't yet shown brilliance. He may or may not, but it's like not he's Tad Mother****ing Boyle here.

Yup. No ties to the SEC and the South besides attending Vandy for a couple of years. Who would be on his staff? Neinas? Everyone is worried about losing MM, but he hasn't yet shown brilliance. He may or may not, but it's like not he's Tad Mother****ing Boyle here.

I'm really hoping Neinas is working the phones right now, lots of opportunity out there, somebody take him, please.

I would be thrilled if MacIntyre was hired by Vanderbilt. Problem is it will never happen - Vanderbilt's class is ranked #26, so they understand importance of recruiting and the value of recruiting of players with other BCS offers.

I would be thrilled if MacIntyre was hired by Vanderbilt. Problem is it will never happen - Vanderbilt's class is ranked #26, so they understand importance of recruiting and the value of recruiting of players with other BCS offers.

I'm not ready to give up on MM, but I don't really see why he'd be a candidate at Vandy right now. I'm not worried.

Mike MacIntyre would be understandably concerned about constantly being judged at Vandy not only against the guy he replaced, who was successful and left on his own terms, but also against his own father's record there. While it would bring him closer to family he would also have to deal with the endless comparisons to George. The Vanderbilt alumni would also lead the cries of "What has he done?" from the second the hire was announced. The expectations for winning and recruiting have been raised and now they must be competitive every year in the SEC or it's not going to last long for the next coach.

This is the silliest thread I've seen on Allbuffs in a while.

In the face of no evidence and no logical concern, we've fabricated a highly unlikely possibility and can't stop talking about it.

In the face of no evidence and no logical concern, we've fabricated a highly unlikely possibility and can't stop talking about it.

The interwebs are good at festering Internet rumors.

...define "in a while".

...define "in a while".

define "silliest."

Good questions. In a while would be in a few weeks.

I think what makes this one particularly silly is that we all seem to agree that there is no threat of MM going anywhere, nor that he'd be a particularly likely candidate to be invited to.

We're all arguing in unison against this notion that never had legs.

To be fair to Mike Mac, he did a great job with San Jose State. He has some street cred. Can't really blame the early recruiting results on Coach Mac. CU has been bad for more than a decade now.

Who do we blame the recruiting results on? :lol:

I can't believe this thread is still going. No SEC school, even Vandy, is going to hire Mac. He has done nothing at the BCS level, and no SEC school is going to chase someone with his resume.

It was a recurring theme with Cal all year about how they should have gone Mac not Dykes and that no matter how bad the interview was the record at SJSU was a better one that what Dykes put up at L-tech. The worse Dykes got the more common it was.

It was a recurring theme with Cal all year about how they should have gone Mac not Dykes and that no matter how bad the interview was the record at SJSU was a better one that what Dykes put up at L-tech. The worse Dykes got the more common it was.

Wilner has been on this bandwagon for a while, now.

I hate to say it but Mike Mac would recruit better at Vanderbilt than at CU at this time. Maybe in a few years after we have more success on the field and have improved facilities, recruiting will pick up.

Back