What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

James Franklin / Vanderbilt

Did someone just link a Clay freakn Travis tweet? Holy hell people. Sometimes I wish this board's format was like netbuffs so our stupidity isn't saved in perpetuity.

I know who Clay is, I thought a tweet from him would fit in perfectly with this thread.

It is highly depressing that national media consider the Vandy job better than Colorado though, that is for sure. This is why I don't tweet, I would get into constant twitter wars.

PCh7c36.png

Weren't we recently ranked the 18th most prestigious football program (and that's a snapshot of the moment, with consideration to history). I wonder where Vandy was on that list.

Vandy is on its mountaintop and CU is in its cellar. We're on completely opposite ends of our program's spectrums, and both will move back in the other direction. Vandy is not nearly the job that CU is.

I hope MM goes to Vandy and we hire a staff worthy of the dollars they are getting paid.

I hope MM goes to Vandy and we hire a staff worthy of the dollars they are getting paid.
I wouldn't go that far, I just don't think we're likely losing anything special. Many here would've been upset if Hawk left after year 2.

I wouldn't go that far, I just don't think we're likely losing anything special. Many here would've been upset if Hawk left after year 2.

And a higher percentage of Buff fans would have been happy if Mac1 had left after year 2. In short, we don't know ****. :lol:

And a higher percentage of Buff fans would have been happy if Mac1 had left after year 2. In short, we don't know ****. :lol:
Of course we don't, it's always easy to look back in hindsight. Good chance in 3 years, we'll be saying, wish Vandy would've pursued Mac2 harder.

Of course we don't, it's always easy to look back in hindsight. Good chance in 3 years, we'll be saying, wish Vandy would've pursued Mac2 harder.

That is only your opinion. Mine is that we will be very happy with Mac2 in three years. Neither of us know crap and both of us are guessing.

I realized that after I posted but too lazy to go back and change it. I really like Mac and who he seems to be. I hope that he works out. He wouldn't be in the running to win out at Vandy and play in the playoffs, but has that chance at CU. I think even as a CU fan, that Vandy at its max is still below CU at its max.

Derek Mason would be a great get for Vanderbilt. Runs the D at Stanford and that is under an offensive minded Head Coach. The way they've stuffed Oregon the last two years was impressive.

Mason is a Phoenix boy, and coached at NAU. He'd also make a great replacement for either of the Arizona schools next year when those head coaches move on.

Yeah but, to continue that hypothetical--who would we hire as a replacement right now? We're in the same boat the majority of programs are--just hoping our guy is THE guy this time, again.

I realized that after I posted but too lazy to go back and change it. I really like Mac and who he seems to be. I hope that he works out. He wouldn't be in the running to win out at Vandy and play in the playoffs, but has that chance at CU. I think even as a CU fan, that Vandy at its max is still below CU at its max.
Yeah sure, but right now Vandy definitely has the edge and these jobs you are supposed to win immediately not in 5-10 years. I've said this before, but Mac1 would've never have happened because he would've been fired, there was more patience back then.

Yeah but, to continue that hypothetical--who would we hire as a replacement right now? We're in the same boat the majority of programs are--just hoping our guy is THE guy this time, again.
Yeah sure, I'm just saying I wouldn't be too upset over losing him. I wouldn't get into a huge bidding war with Vandy. I just think a lot of people are overstating his importance. Who knows?

Yeah sure, but right now Vandy definitely has the edge and these jobs you are supposed to win immediately not in 5-10 years. I've said this before, but Mac1 would've never have happened because he would've been fired, there was more patience back then.

Mac1's successor may have won just as many games though, given that Mac1 was bringing in the talent by then. A lot of the "hard work" had been done.

Coaches are hired to be fired.

Whether or not Mac is a great coach or not (I like to believe that he is), if he jumped ship for another job I believe it would be disasterous for our program.

Any momentum gained last year would be lost. The perception of some that Vandy is a better program than ours would be validated.

Mac1's successor may have won just as many games though, given that Mac1 was bringing in the talent by then. A lot of the "hard work" had been done.
Entirely possible, that's basically what happened at Maryland. Ron Vanderlinden recruited the players that Ralph Friedgen won with, but Friedgen was unable to sustain that success with his own players he recruited.

You could also argue that if Bzdelik had stayed, he would've attained the success that Tad did. After all, without him laying the ground, does Tad experience this success?

Whether or not Mac is a great coach or not (I like to believe that he is), if he jumped ship for another job I believe it would be disasterous for our program.

Any momentum gained last year would be lost. The perception of some that Vandy is a better program than ours would be validated.
I don't think it be as disasterous as you think it would be, it would be a small step back at most IMO.

I don't think it make the Vandy job better than ours, it be a special case since he has ties to Vandy.

The University of Colorado football program desperately NEEDS some continuity and success. To suggest CU having a 4th (5th if you count Cabral) coach in 4 years would be no BD is crazy IMO. Good thing for CU, MacIntyre isn't going anywhere.

Jeremy Fowler and coachingsearch.com have mentioned Mac, but they're just throwing out names. I'm not too worried right now. I feel Vandy could get a hotter name.

Yeah sure, I'm just saying I wouldn't be too upset over losing him. I wouldn't get into a huge bidding war with Vandy. I just think a lot of people are overstating his importance. Who knows?

One of the great matters of importance of HCMM & Co, is "continuity", not "win immediately"; something I believe even the dimmest bulbs here should recognize( Bueller? Slider? Burpie?), even if YOU do not.

How is recruiting (and thus the entire program), ever going to improve to a decent level if the neg-recruiters on other staffs can merely whisper "CU changes coachs every three years" to impressionable mothers and their upper 3* and 4* star babies?

The University of Colorado football program desperately NEEDS some continuity and success. To suggest CU having a 4th (5th if you count Cabral) coach in 4 years would be no BD is crazy IMO. Good thing for CU, MacIntyre isn't going anywhere.
Ok so Vandy offers to pay him $3.5 million (Franklin was making $3 million), should CU go to $4 million?

So if he goes 2-10 this year, just throwing that scenario out there, not saying it will happen should they keep on the course in the name of continuity?

Back