What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jeff Pittman and weightlifting technique?

Bro, we just signed two HUGE DLineman, and you're talking about lifting techniques? Some people will never be happy.

Hey jackass, I'm BLOWN AWAY by the two commits today,let's hope they stick because that is awesome. Stop telling people how they feel,worry about you.

I didn't make the post or claim pittman was bad,is that to hard for you to understand idot!!!!!!

You should be used to our rants by now:smile2::thumbsup:

kill the thread kill it with fire!!!!

Hank_Scorpio.png

Why shouldn't this thread be on here? It's a very valid point/observation. I'd imagine that Pittman has to know proper technique, just like Doc knew proper technique. However, Barnett fired Doc, because he thought that Doc's lifts (if I remember correctly, they were olympic lifts) put too much strain on the players' shoulders, causing injuries. A lot of people, including me, were very disappointed to see Doc get fired. The guy after Doc sucked balls, and Pittman seems to have gone back to olympic lifts. The technique was horrible, but there is a lot of cheating that happens when maxing out. If we get a bunch more knee injuries next year, I will start to wonder about the technique of the kids in the weight room.

Nettbuffs is a snake pit! Their are more Buff haters at netbuffs than in all of Nebraska, as some are from fort fun up north...

Come on Syko. You knew you'd get **** for linking NetBuffs here. :smile2:

Of course:smile2:

I should have left it for another day, too much good stuff going on right now,very stoked about today's events, just hope they stick.

1 more dt and another de maybe 2 and we'll be set! If we get only 1 more at least we'd have nuckols and kasa and that's better than I thought it would be!:thumbsup:

Why shouldn't this thread be on here? It's a very valid point/observation. I'd imagine that Pittman has to know proper technique, just like Doc knew proper technique. However, Barnett fired Doc, because he thought that Doc's lifts (if I remember correctly, they were olympic lifts) put too much strain on the players' shoulders, causing injuries. A lot of people, including me, were very disappointed to see Doc get fired. The guy after Doc sucked balls, and Pittman seems to have gone back to olympic lifts. The technique was horrible, but there is a lot of cheating that happens when maxing out. If we get a bunch more knee injuries next year, I will start to wonder about the technique of the kids in the weight room.

I'll second that. I know jack **** about lifting weights, but if we have another season derailed by a ton ("a ton" being defined as "an abnormally high number") of injuries, then CU needs to take a long look at its strength and conditioning program. There's no point in making players' muscles bigger if by doing so you're dramatically weakening their ligaments.

Of course:smile2:

I should have left it for another day, too much good stuff going on right now,very stoked about today's events, just hope they stick.

1 more dt and another de maybe 2 and we'll be set! If we get only 1 more at least we'd have nuckols and kasa and that's better than I thought it would be!:thumbsup:

You and John Henderson have impeccable timing. :smile2:

These are not the olympic lifts. I don't see a jerk nor do I see a snatch in this video. The only 2 olympic lifts are the clean and jerk and the snatch. These are 1RM either since they are "Power" cleans and not full squat cleans. If they did squat cleans then they'd be able to lift more. I've trained out here in Albuquerque with the local weightlifting club and I've NEVER seen a 1RM as ugly as these.

The lifts themselves are great and every good football team trains with the clean. It really does help with speed and explosiveness. The only injuries I've seen due to a clean is during the jerk (not in video) or during the 3rd pull when you catch the barbell (which can be avoided by moving out of the way).

I'm sorry, but these guys are NOT performing their cleans correctly in any way whatsoever. This WILL lead to injuries. Your feet should move out a little to the side, but these guys are taking huge strides which is putting a lot of pressure on their knees and hips.

Their squats are horrible as well. They are not getting enough depth which a lot of accredited trainers say puts a lot of stress on the knee (this is disputed). This is more understandable, but I hate when people say their 1RM squat is in excess of 400# when they don't get enough depth (at least parallel).

Here is the US Nat'l Team training. Notice their squat technique as well as their cleans. Much better and safer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJRJL7eMN9M"]YouTube - summer 08 and otc[/ame]

Just another issue, but when you squat and clean you should definitely use weightlifting shoes. They help transfer the force from your body to the ground. Using gym shoes again causes more strain. A scholly to CU is over 100K, they should get these guys $80 shoes too.

Just another issue, but when you squat and clean you should definitely use weightlifting shoes. They help transfer the force from your body to the ground. Using gym shoes again causes more strain. A scholly to CU is over 100K, they should get these guys $80 shoes too.

What's 1RM mean?

I don't know **** about weight lifting (the last place you will find me is in the weight room), but if they technique is wrong (like many poster at YouTube have noted), then how come no one has noticed? Is there any benefit at all to the technique our kids are apparently using?

The only reasoning I can think of is that since they are being filmed, they are doing HIGH weight, low reps or max rep. When maxing out, a lot of people tend to cheat their technique to get the lifts done. There is no benefit to the kids' techniques in the video, but if it's just a max, I guess I can understand...as long as they don't do all their lifts like this.

Back