What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jeff Smart

BuffTuba

Club Member
Club Member
There was a thread about Captains a little while ago and I was mentioning Jeff Smart as an up and coming player. I also said that I could see him being a captain on special teams. It seems that the staff has also see that he can play. In the article linked below, Hawkins and the staff have high praise for Smart saying they often confused him with Dizon during assisted tackles. Here is the quote:

"Hawkins said when coaches watched film of the Independence Bowl against Alabama, they marveled several times at plays made by senior Jordon Dizon only to realize when players un-piled that the tackle was actually made by Smart.

"I think he's fully capable of having a Jordon-type season," Hawkins said."

I think its about time that Smart earns a little love from the fans. The last two seasons and especially the last half of last season, he was flying all over field and especially wreaking havoc in the backfield when they used him in blitz packages. His game speed alone is enough to get me excited. My friends don't agree but I think they will come around.

Here is the link to the article, it is at the bottom of the page:

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2008/mar/07/ballenger-ready-to-vie-for-starting-job/

What I love most about this guy is that he is a sure tackle. In the age where everyone goes for the kill shot, and occasionally misses, this guy wraps up and brings the man down. He is a little slow, and a little small, but he plays hard and well. I honestly have no problems if he is still starting for us this year.

What I love most about this guy is that he's a PANTHER!!!

Whooooo! Go Panthers!!!!

In all seriousness, he didn't play this well when he was at BHS. He got some good coachin' up on the hill. That's part of what excites me most about Will Pericak. I'm convinced the coaching at the HS level in this state is mediocre at best, and that when given the chance to show what they can do with good coaching, a lot of these kids shine.

Marcus Houston excepted, of course.

There was a thread about Captains a little while ago and I was mentioning Jeff Smart as an up and coming player. I also said that I could see him being a captain on special teams. It seems that the staff has also see that he can play. In the article linked below, Hawkins and the staff have high praise for Smart saying they often confused him with Dizon during assisted tackles. Here is the quote:

"Hawkins said when coaches watched film of the Independence Bowl against Alabama, they marveled several times at plays made by senior Jordon Dizon only to realize when players un-piled that the tackle was actually made by Smart.

"I think he's fully capable of having a Jordon-type season," Hawkins said."

I think its about time that Smart earns a little love from the fans. The last two seasons and especially the last half of last season, he was flying all over field and especially wreaking havoc in the backfield when they used him in blitz packages. His game speed alone is enough to get me excited. My friends don't agree but I think they will come around.

Here is the link to the article, it is at the bottom of the page:

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2008/mar/07/ballenger-ready-to-vie-for-starting-job/

I like Jeff Smart as a tackler, but speed hurts him JMO

I often had the same issue as the scouts did... I had often mistaken Dizon tackles with impressive Jeff Smart tackles. Lot's to be excited about...

They put him on the edge a few times last year. I kinda like the idea, and it will be even more attractive depending on how well the incoming LB's perform.

Wow if it ever seemed possible that we would underestimate Cabral, he turns a walk-on into a potential Dizon type player. Get him a raise:thumbsup: IMO we use Jones as DE, occassionally utilizing him as a blitzing LB with Sipili, Smart, and a toss-up between Mohler and Katoa for the last spot.

Last edited:
Too small he is only 5'11.

Not a problem when wearing Uncle Maxwell's telephone shoes.

KAOS Agent: Look, I'm a sportsman. I'll let you choose the way you want to die.

Maxwell Smart: All right, how about old age?

Brad Jones wont play DE, he will be the guy that the will be seen as the blitzing LB on passing situations because that was his obvious strength last year. He cant cover worth a crap, but he can blitz with the best of em

Back