What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jenny Coleman Selected To NCAA Regionals

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
articleImageTop.jpg

DSOFGPSFLLVGWRK.20110220015409.jpg

articleImageBottom.jpg

Photo Courtesy: CUBuffs.com

[h=1]Jenny Coleman Selected To NCAA Regionals[/h] Release: 04/29/2013 Courtesy: Curtis Snyder, Associate SID

BOULDER—University of Colorado women's golf junior Jenny Coleman was selected to participate as an individual at the 2013 NCAA Western Regional, set to take place at Stanford from May 9-11, the selection committee announced Monday evening.

“I’m really honored to be selected to Regionals,” Coleman said. “I’m excited to get out there and play and also to be in the West Region.”

“I’m very proud of Jenny and happy for her regional selection,” added CU head coach Anne Kelly. “She has played consistently well and in my opinion has hit the ball like a tour player. Her putting is catching up to the rest of her game as evidence by her performance at the Pac-12 Championships. The course at Stanford suits her well and it will be an exciting week for her.”

Coleman is fresh off a third place finish at the 2013 Pac-12 Championships, held last week in Valencia, Calif. Her third place finish, second round 5-under par 67 and overall 3-under par 213 all set new CU postseason records.

“Throughout the Pac-12s, I hit the ball well and made a lot of critical putts, especially birdie attempts,” Coleman said. “My swing was solid and it helped to set up those birdie opportunities. This coming week, I will continue to work on the same things I have been and maintaining my game as a whole.”

She has played in all 32 rounds for the Buffaloes this season with her score counting for the team all 32 times. Her stroke average of 74.13 is the fifth-best mark in program history and she had one win, two top five and five top 20 performances on the season. Her performance at the Pac-12 Championships vaulted her into the top 100 rankings and helped her become a selection for the championships.

“Her win this year at the UNM event showed she has lifted her game to a new level in her junior season,” Kelly said. “She shot 11-under and won by eight strokes. She is such a competitor and worked hard on her short game and has improved her skills.”

If she is one of the top two individuals not on one of the top eight teams advancing out of the Western Regional, she will advance as an individual to the NCAA Championships, set for May 21-24 in Athens, Ga., hosted by the University of Georgia.

Over the weekend, Kelly hosted the Buffs end of year banquet, where she named Coleman the CU Player of the Year. She said Coleman “earned it by hitting a new level of excellence with her game this year. She also showed extraordinary sportsmanship, calling two penalties in two different tournaments on herself when the ball accidentally moved. Nobody saw the ball move but in the spirit of the game, she called penalties on herself.”

from cubuffs.com

Back