What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Fassel

Not sure he's our best candidate, but he certainly was a better NFL coach than Jim Mora, Jr.

He probably would be a decent recruiter... I'd heard of him coaching the Las Vegas UFL team recently. I'm not totally against him because of his name. I'd hope we could partner him with some good college coordinators. We've already learned our players don't work in a pro set.

Disagree. If you absolutely have no interest in hiring someone, why waste your time?

If he's interested, let him state his case. What do you lose? For all you know he could come in and knock the interview out of the park.

I saw this popping up on Twitter all the sudden too. I don't know about his pre NYG career. Going to research what college coaching experience he has. Certainly a big name. We've had bad recent history with former NFL coaches although a TE position coach is different than a former super bowl winning HC.

Pretty sure the Raven's whooped the crap out of his team... Still impressive that he got that far with that team.

If he's interested, let him state his case. What do you lose? For all you know he could come in and knock the interview out of the park.

He has had a ton of interviews since he was with the Giants (and the consulting job with the Ravens after that). "They" say he doesn't get hired because he interviews the same way he coached, with arrogance, no innovation, no adjustments, and always a divided locker room. If you have ever listened to him speak, he comes across as arrogant and clueless at the same time. There is a reason why a NFL coach is now coaching in the not quite football league.

He has had a ton of interviews since he was with the Giants (and the consulting job with the Ravens after that). "They" say he doesn't get hired because he interviews the same way he coached, with arrogance, no innovation, no adjustments, and always a divided locker room. If you have ever listened to him speak, he comes across as arrogant and clueless at the same time. There is a reason why a NFL coach is now coaching in the not quite football league.

I completely understand and would expect the interview to go this way. My point is, you just never know. All we're talking about here is a little bit of Bohn's time. Nothing to lose.

Jim Fassel recruited John Elway to Stanford. Elway has said many times Fassel taught him more about playing QB then any other coach. The only problem with this idea to me is Jim Fassel's age (65). I know its the equivalent of playing EA Sports NCAA FB but his Vegas teams have won their league multiple times. Cant see is happening

Of course he's interested. The UFL suspended operations midseason back in October. He needs a job. :lol:

NFL Coach of the Year is some pussy ****, brah. Pass. I want the Colorado School of Mines guy. Also, Jim Mora Jr. sucks. He doesn't know the college game. We're gonna kill UCLA.

Well, he would just be cutting in front of the long list of folks wanting this job!

What the hell... that's what I say. After Hawk and Em no one wants this job anyway. It's beyond depressing but it's true.

Pretty sure Fassel was OC for the Donkos under Reeves, or maybe Phillips. Either way, maybe he wants to find his way back to the Front Range.

He can do that when he's retired.

He also has family here. He and his wife gave up a child for adoption and later re-connected with him. He lives in Colorado. Maybe a factor?

I like Fassel. I guarantee a lot more 18 year olds know the name Jim Fassel better than they know Butch Jones, Jon Embree or any of the other candidates. It is pretty curious that he hasn't had a legit NFL shot for years. He was twice going to be the Redskins coach. One time Joe Gibbs came out of retirement. The other, there was a player revolt and Jim Zorn was hired instead.

He also has family here. He and his wife gave up a child for adoption and later re-connected with him. He lives in Colorado. Maybe a factor?

I like Fassel. I guarantee a lot more 18 year olds know the name Jim Fassel better than they know Butch Jones, Jon Embree or any of the other candidates. It is pretty curious that he hasn't had a legit NFL shot for years. He was twice going to be the Redskins coach. One time Joe Gibbs came out of retirement. The other, there was a player revolt and Jim Zorn was hired instead.
**** Embree is a candidate?

Now, that's a fresh idea .....

Colorado: Sources tell us former NFL Coach of the Year with the New York Giants head coach Jim Fassel is interested in the job. If he's interested, Colorado should take a long look.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

facepalm.gif

63 years old and a has been .... NEXT!

So, I talked with a source very close to Jim Fassel last night, and he confirmed that Jim had reached out to CU, but it sounds like CU has told Jim that they most likely aren't going to deviate from getting a coach out of the college ranks.

TIFWIW

Back