What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Leavitt - Frmr DC University of Oregon & Colorado

Leavitt is neither young nor necessarily known as a disciplinarian, plus he brings baggage.

If he really was interviewed, that would baffle me.

Considering the performance of Leavitt at Oregon and the reports that Tumpkin, who came here as a title demotion after being a successful DC at Central Michigan, was actually the guy who made all of our schematic halftime adjustments... was it really Leavitt we should credit for the 2016 defense or was it really the Tumpkin influence that made the difference?

I mean, we're so quick to say that MacIntyre hasn't been successful without Leavitt. But Leavitt hasn't repeated the success without Tumpkin.

I think where I'm at is that despite the crazy tension and toxic mix of those 3 guys trying to get along, it worked incredibly well for a short time and that it's not something I think any of them could have done without the others.

Considering the performance of Leavitt at Oregon and the reports that Tumpkin, who came here as a title demotion after being a successful DC at Central Michigan, was actually the guy who made all of our schematic halftime adjustments... was it really Leavitt we should credit for the 2016 defense or was it really the Tumpkin influence that made the difference?

I mean, we're so quick to say that MacIntyre hasn't been successful without Leavitt. But Leavitt hasn't repeated the success without Tumpkin.

I think where I'm at is that despite the crazy tension and toxic mix of those 3 guys trying to get along, it worked incredibly well for a short time and that it's not something I think any of them could have done without the others.
Tumpkin is still in Colorado. About 20 minutes from Boulder, actually. Redemption story??

Tumpkin is still in Colorado. About 20 minutes from Boulder, actually. Redemption story??
giphy.gif

He should try to get a job with the Broncos once things are resolved with his legal stuff. After several years of good behavior in the NFL, opportunities will open up for Tumpkin again - just not at CU.
FWIW, he accepted a plea deal for one count of misdemeanor assault. No jail time. Why have I kept up with this you may ask? Because Joe is a personal trainer at Prestige Fitness in Arvada and my sister attends his "boot camp" classes (BIL has also used him for a couple personal training sessions). Neither of them had any idea about the DV stuff (he doesn't talk about it obviously) until they mentioned his name to me. He says his goal is to get back into coaching, and my sister says he's the "nicest guy".

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_32269356/ex-cu-buff-assistant-joe-tumpkin-reportedly-intends

FWIW, he accepted a plea deal for one count of misdemeanor assault. No jail time. Why have I kept up with this you may ask? Because Joe is a personal trainer at Prestige Fitness in Arvada and my sister attends his "boot camp" classes (BIL has also used him for a couple personal training sessions). Neither of them had any idea about the DV stuff (he doesn't talk about it obviously) until they mentioned his name to me. He says his goal is to get back into coaching, and my sister says he's the "nicest guy".

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_32269356/ex-cu-buff-assistant-joe-tumpkin-reportedly-intends
His problem might have been related to the bottle. If so, I hope he has figured that out and can move in a positive direction going forward.

Stop. Just stop.
I have read some of Miss Fine's tweets and I completely believe that JT beat her on several occasions, but I also saw some over the top vindictiveness against the university, basically blaming the university (Mac, RG, etc.) for allowing it to happen. The only problem is that the relationship started before he came here, she didn't move here, and from all the public accounts I don't think she told anyone until right at the end. She wouldn't have been around any of the other spouses enough for them to see some signs. This whole thing was a tragedy, but the blame rested solely on JT.

Back