What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Leavitt - Frmr DC University of Oregon & Colorado

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the speculation from Oregon is that Leavitt is leaving for.. somewhere? He apparently isn't out recruiting and doing home visits while everyone else is. Two defense decommits over the past few days. Hasn't tweeted anything in a week.

FWIW, the speculation from Oregon is that Leavitt is leaving for.. somewhere? He apparently isn't out recruiting and doing home visit while everyone else is.. Two defense decommits over the past few days. Hasn't tweeted anything in a week.
I think he's perfect for ECU. Only guy better would be Mac.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the speculation from Oregon is that Leavitt is leaving for.. somewhere? He apparently isn't out recruiting and doing home visits while everyone else is. Two defense decommits over the past few days. Hasn't tweeted anything in a week.
Weird, if he was leaving I would think it would be announced already. Maybe he is waiting for Bill to retire?

so the Wells and Mason bullets have been dodged.... please, please we need the Leavitt one to be dodged NOW please

so the Wells and Mason bullets have been dodged.... please, please we need the Leavitt one to be dodged NOW please

I prefer him to Mel Tucker-One, Mel Tucker has no experience west of the Mississippi River. Two, what he'd want to do offensively concerns me. My guess is his first candidate to be his OC here would be James Coley......Georgia's Co-OC (doesn't call plays)/QB Coach. Coley was the OC at Miami under Al Golden-and he ran a system about as pro style/smashmouth as it gets. We don't have the talent to do this here up front. I'm sure Tucker can recruit-but I'm expecting a winning record next year. This isn't 2013, and this next coach won't get anywhere near the grace from me that FHCMM had. I expect to win 7-8 games next year.

OTOH, the Pepsi man is two years removed from coaching here-and he's in the conference. He's got a much better feel for what he'd want to do offensively (and would probably bring in somebody who could work around the O-Line and maximize Montez/Shenault's last year here the best). Not really concerned about his recruiting because of the differences in the rules on how those can recruit versus how assistants do. I think we've got guys here already (Chev-who I'd bet would stay) who are good in living rooms. As far as how divisive he supposedly was here-that's on a number of different factors, including MacIntyre.

I'd still rather hire Ryan Day or Jimmy Lake, but if we're down to Tucker or Leavitt-I'll take Leavitt.

I prefer him to Mel Tucker-One, Mel Tucker has no experience west of the Mississippi River. Two, what he'd want to do offensively concerns me. My guess is his first candidate to be his OC here would be James Coley......Georgia's Co-OC (doesn't call plays)/QB Coach. Coley was the OC at Miami under Al Golden-and he ran a system about as pro style/smashmouth as it gets. We don't have the talent to do this here up front. I'm sure Tucker can recruit-but I'm expecting a winning record next year. This isn't 2013, and this next coach won't get anywhere near the grace from me that FHCMM had. I expect to win 7-8 games next year.

OTOH, the Pepsi man is two years removed from coaching here-and he's in the conference. He's got a much better feel for what he'd want to do offensively (and would probably bring in somebody who could work around the O-Line and maximize Montez/Shenault's last year here the best). Not really concerned about his recruiting because of the differences in the rules on how those can recruit versus how assistants do. I think we've got guys here already (Chev-who I'd bet would stay) who are good in living rooms. As far as how divisive he supposedly was here-that's on a number of different factors, including MacIntyre.

I'd still rather hire Ryan Day or Jimmy Lake, but if we're down to Tucker or Leavitt-I'll take Leavitt.
You are concerned about what Tucker would do offensively but not leavitt? Tucker has watches top flight offenses in at least one way for years. Your assumptions above are fantasy.

Not worried about recruiting... we've got guys here already? Uh... wut?:ROFLMAO:

This all feels like a "2019 matters a lot more to me than 2020 and beyond" argument.

Not worried about recruiting... we've got guys here already? Uh... wut?:ROFLMAO:

This all feels like a "2019 matters a lot more to me than 2020 and beyond" argument.

2019 does matter-I expect Tucker or whoever the next guy is to have us at at least 7-5 or 8-4 next year.

2019 does matter-I expect Tucker or whoever the next guy is to have us at at least 7-5 or 8-4 next year.

It does matter.

But not being worried about recruiting because "we've got guys here already" is a bad argument.

It does matter.

But not being worried about recruiting because "we've got guys here already" is a bad argument.

I'm a hell of a lot more worried about what this offense is going to look like if Tucker comes here than anything. I don't want anybody off the Georgia staff as an OC.

Did you hear about that dude who killed a mountain lion with his bare hands?
just piling on...

man-walks-on-moon-newspaper.jpg

Back