What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Leavitt hired as new Colorado DC

Yes.

But it's not an either/or situation.

You can have a well-coached veteran team that reads and reacts well... and that team can be either fast or slow. I'll take a faster team.

Agreed, but I think the most important step has been taken care of. Now the defense can improve steadily while we (hopefully) get a talent infusion (trickle) which could eventually really change the D.

But in terms of one off-season, we have a chance to improve drastically, which would be hard to do without a handful of blue-chip defensive recruits (which we won't get at this point) or a half dozen transfers. But I am definitely more in the Al Davis school of thought that you can't teach speed. Anytime I play video games it will be evident in my roster. Purge the old players and get young and fast. Let the rest work itself out.

Yes.

But it's not an either/or situation.

You can have a well-coached veteran team that reads and reacts well... and that team can be either fast or slow. I'll take a faster team.

Yeah. I was shocked at how slow Oregon State looked last season against the Buffs. They were the one conference foe that we were clearly faster than. They were a veteran, well-coached team and went 5-7, which seems about right when every conference team they played had faster players.

Back