What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Leavitt hired as new Colorado DC

In related news, we opened up the ****ing checkbook to make these hires happen.
Yup. I hope people (including me) will stop dissing the admin; looks like Phil S. finally got religion on this whole football/athletics thing.

Looks like a great hire. Lame if he did hit that player at USF, but we need some passion. Bring it!

He put his money where his mouth was in bringing a lawsuit against USF for wrongful termination and extracted almost $3 million as a settlement. USF didn't exactly look too good in that fight.

I am so damn excited now, not even funny. I hit my wife up and gave her the update: CU made great hires at DC and DB coach...

She fired back with "are they going to start winning"

damn woman

:lol:

Sounds like the exact same thing my wife would say.

Awesome!! What I love most about this hire is that Leavitt, like HCMM, has a track record of turning programs around and building them up. He helped Snyder build K state from worst in D1 to a national contender, he built USF from nonexistence to a NR2 ranking, he helped Harbaugh turn the niners from a NFL joke to playing in the superbowl in two years. This is exactly the kind of coach we need right now and I see him fitting in perfectly with Mac and his philosophy.

Is it in this thread or another one how much he is going to make? Anyone know how much he was making at SF?

I bet you he wants redemption at the college level and prefers being a college coach to an NFL one. He spent most of his coaching career in college and left under unfortunate circumstances. He probably had no legit college options. HCMM is giving him a lifeline back into college. Guy almost finished his Ph.D. and has been around universities and college programs for nearly 30 years.

L9kwXOK00OJGM.gif

Our guys better be ready with some intensity this spring. Something tells me that Leavitt doesn't put up with slackers.

Back