What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jimmy Smith is flying up the draft charts

Dumb****s back on...

**** thought they were going to try to challenge Zerline on rating Jimmy above Williams, and hoping to hear good stuff about Jimmy. But no, basically why Williams fell - simply, HE SUCKED.

Sorry fellas, reporting FAIL.

So the analyst saw CU play? Is he additionally aware that Texas' record was the same as ours?

The "analyst" if you want to call him that, was Ketchum making that sneer. And knowing Ketchum probably watched only 30 seconds of Colorado all season.

Zerline didn't say anything at all about why he had Jimmy at #4 above UT's Williams, just that Williams sucked ass at the end of the season, thus he dropped.

He hired Rosenhaus as his agent the other day. I guess it depends on who drafts you but that could either hurt or help his stock.

Was just listed as the CB with the biggest upside. Too bad our secondary was plagued by injuries last year, could have been one of our stronger parts of our team.

I still don't understand why our pass defense was so bad, we have 2 stud CBs, was it our safties? LB's covering TE's?

I still don't understand why our pass defense was so bad, we have 2 stud CBs, was it our safties? LB's covering TE's?

As Bill Cody said...No pass rush, little in the defensive scheme to disguise much in the way of coverage. Football is a team game and the defense just did not have enough players to change games.

Ambrose also switched to almost entirely man to man defense which is rough on the dbs if there is no rush.

As Bill Cody said...No pass rush, little in the defensive scheme to disguise much in the way of coverage. Football is a team game and the defense just did not have enough players to change games.

Ambrose also switched to almost entirely man to man defense which is rough on the dbs if there is no rush.

especially when the stud DBs are not covering the other teams best WR's... I remember broyles taking it to the house on us because Jimmy was not allowed to move from his "right" side.

especially when the stud DBs are not covering the other teams best WR's... I remember broyles taking it to the house on us because Jimmy was not allowed to move from his "right" side.

:yeahthat: Why did we have our 3rd nickleback covering AJ Green again? And then why do we get shocked when that doesn't work?

I really don't get the "I only play on the right side" defense. Maybe I'm old school, but I'm gonna double your best WR, and put my best guy on your next best guy. It shouldn't matter where on the field they go. Ghey.

Rock on Jimmy Smith go get serious $$$ always play balls out and make CU proud and get rewarded $$$ and then come back as a CB coach . REPRESENT!

Don Banks just released his latest mock draft and he keeps mentioning Jimmy's "maturity issues." Did I miss something? What's he talking about?

Smith was virtually unchallenged as a senior with Colorado, and some teams have him rated as the draft's second-best cornerback behind Patrick Peterson. But he has some baggage in the form of maturity issues to deal with, and how he interviews at the combine could go a long way toward determining his first-round fate.

I believe there were some issues with Jimmy his first couple years on campus but by most accounts he got those issues squared away

The "experts" are like political people and try and find any fault they have or anything that happened in their past.

It is called due diligence. Generally, teams want to know what they are investing in so they do not get a headcase like Ryan Leaf or someone completely lazy like JaMarcus Russell. Banks is generally not the type of writer to throw **** out there with no backup.

Key to that report/quote was, "and how he interviews at the combine could go a long way toward determining his first-round fate. ", imo. Jimmy will be fine, and stands to make some serious $$$.

It is called due diligence. Generally, teams want to know what they are investing in so they do not get a headcase like Ryan Leaf or someone completely lazy like JaMarcus Russell. Banks is generally not the type of writer to throw **** out there with no backup.

You're not making a great argument for due diligence with those two - I'm sure the homework was done on them, too. Of course, with the Al Davis factor, anything can happen.

You're not making a great argument for due diligence with those two - I'm sure the homework was done on them, too. Of course, with the Al Davis factor, anything can happen.

I think NFL teams have put a lot more effort into personal interviews since high profile busts like Ryan Leaf. Remember that Leaf came along before rookie salaries exploded. With Russell, you are correct, the Raiders cannot get out of their own way.

so the DP had an article today about Smith and his "problems" he had two minor in possessions and tested positive for weed.

Which is a matiruity issue... weed is SO not worth losing Millions upon millions of dollars over. Stay clean and stay in the league. Then blow the millions you earned after you retire I guess, if you want it that bad. I guess I am in the minority--I dont like being out of control so I drink little and smoke none at all. Was not the case in college, but I had nothing riding on the line like these kids do.

Yep - guess who wrote that article..... pretty weak IMO.

That was in 2007. Total non-issue.

I know we are required to hate anything and everything he writes, but it is more than fair in this case. It is an issue that he needs to address, even if the weed incident was three years ago. It will not disqualify him from playing in the NFL, but teams are going to want to know whether the weed thing was isolated or not.

Sure - they can ask about it. But I don't think it is some huge red flag that Henderson makes it out to be. College kid got caught drinking, twice, and had and smoked some MJ 3 years ago... but didn't have any problems after. Doesn't seem like anything to me.

Back