What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jimmy Smith

TuffBuff32

Did any one else notice that the entire first quarter jimmy was very hesitant and not really doing anything productive but push ppl when they got near him? It's like he was afraid of the guy with the ball. It may be first game jitters or whatever but that stuck out to me and if he is going to start then I want to see more of an effort out there and trying to make plays. Especially with all the hype the coaches are giving him.

I saw alot of that from him too. ball carrier was right in front of him. didn't try to stop forward motion or wrap up. just pushed him sorta. like the guy wasn't from the other team.

It has to be. the 07 nebraska game really perked me up to the idea of him being a big part of the defense. Maybe he needs a few games to get back in the mindset of being all he can be

From what I saw, Jimmy Smith may have led the team in tackles. That's a problem. Don't bag on the guy for not being a big hitter. That's not his job. He's a shut down corner and CSU threw away from him all night. In run support, he just needs to get the guy to the ground or out of bounds. If our d-line could get any penetration, or even a push, or a stalemate, or hell even get pushed back a couple yards but shed the blocker... then Jimmy wouldn't be having to make so many god damn tackles.

I'm not expecting him to be a big hitter. I'm expecting a D1 athlete to to hit someone in general when there in front of him. He was sitting on his heels. he made the stops but every yard counts and he wasn't thinking like that.

I'm not expecting him to be a big hitter. I'm expecting a D1 athlete to to hit someone in general when there in front of him. He was sitting on his heels. he made the stops but every yard counts and he wasn't thinking like that.

Jimmy Smith wasn't the problem tonight. If the guys he's covering don't make a catch and he doesn't completely miss a tackle, we'll be just fine. What I want to know is why the Browns were playing in the 2nd half instead of Burney.

Thats a good question. Chappelle has done well enough to where i dont worry about him but jalil just plain f'ed up. burney wouldn't have been **** on. he's smarter then that.

Back