What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt

On the occasions that I have met Cody outside of the field, it was the same guy that you saw on the field and media. He was a genuinely nice guy. The one thing that I struggle with these threads is how many of us have actually met Joel or Cody. Who knows what Joel is really like. Has he said things that piss me off? Yeah certainly, but it's hard for me to judge a guys character and question his passion for CU based off of comments when he was upset. We all say things when we are upset and this may be the case here or it may not. Ultimately, who cares.

On the occasions that I have met Cody outside of the field, it was the same guy that you saw on the field and media. He was a genuinely nice guy. The one thing that I struggle with these threads is how many of us have actually met Joel or Cody. Who knows what Joel is really like. Has he said things that piss me off? Yeah certainly, but it's hard for me to judge a guys character and question his passion for CU based off of comments when he was upset. We all say things when we are upset and this may be the case here or it may not. Ultimately, who cares.

That's a different thing, though.

Public figures are fair game to be criticized for how they behave publicly. If you personally know the person, you may either defend him because you know that people have the wrong perception of him (or blast him because you know the public image is completely full of ****). Where it crosses the line is when people only have the public image to go by and assume that they "know him" based on that.

I know, I also know other football players were never given a shot b/c Gil Brandt said their body is not ideal NFL material. There are and will continue to be exceptions to the rule.

Yeah, there are SO MANY top notch QBs in the NFL because of Brandt's idiocy! I have to laugh when the so-called "studs" like Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez flame out quickly and the "midgets" like Breese and Wilson, become successes.

There's a chance Klatt could suffer some serious health effects later in life from all those concussion he sustained. I don't like the things Klatt has done in the media, but I find no joy in that 70-3 loss. When Klatt played he played hard.

I liked that game a lot, but not the hit. Kelson should have been ejected from the game for sure.

Drew Kelson was flagged on that play. That hit was a personal foul even before the helmet-to-helmet rules of today.

UT beat us soundly. But this play was dirty, cheap, and ****ing dangerous. Any satisfaction a longhorn gets from this picture is misguided.

Correct. It was a dirty, cheap and dangerous hit. He should have been ejected. No question.

But spare me the righteous indignation. This site, like any other, is full of "misguided" thoughts.

Correct. It was a dirty, cheap and dangerous hit. He should have been ejected. No question.

But spare me the righteous indignation. This site, like any other, is full of "misguided" thoughts.

I don't recall many instances of posters glorifying plays that result in serious football injury.
Von Miller pissed off a lot of Buff fans when he posted that picture on Facebook of his horse collar tackle that broke the leg of Speedy Stewart.

Walter, do try to get in tune with the culture on THIS site. Photos of Buffs (including Klatt) suffering serious injury due to illegal cheap shots from big time opponents will always draw righteous indignation on Allbuffs.

Your feeble attempt at apology is approaching neg rep territory.

I don't recall many instances of posters glorifying plays that result in serious football injury.
Von Miller pissed off a lot of Buff fans when he posted that picture on Facebook of his horse collar tackle that broke the leg of Speedy Stewart.

Walter, do try to get in tune with the culture on THIS site. Photos of Buffs (including Klatt) suffering serious injury due to illegal cheap shots from big time opponents will always draw righteous indignation on Allbuffs.

Your feeble attempt at apology is approaching neg rep territory.

I was not appologizing for anything. I agree that it was a dirty hit, but I didn't hit Klatt. What do I have to appologize for? I'm just suggesting that you get off the high horse when it comes to internet message boards. I could pull endless posts from this site that were in bad taste, so again, spare me. If it gets dished out it can be taken.

I was not appologizing for anything. I agree that it was a dirty hit, but I didn't hit Klatt. What do I have to appologize for? I'm just suggesting that you get off the high horse when it comes to internet message boards. I could pull endless posts from this site that were in bad taste, so again, spare me. If it gets dished out it can be taken.

Why exactly did you feel compelled to post that picture of Klatt getting his bell rung by some longhorn exercising bad judgement? You can post anything you like, but that comes with the expectation that you'll be called out.

I think you should consider apologizing for your poor judgement in posting that garbage.

Thank you for your suggestion. You miss the mark by painting too broadly my desire to police Internet message boards. Try to fathom that I'm limiting my criticism to 1) posting a picture of a buff getting injured by a cheap shot; and 2) your petulant and feeble attempt to justify your poor choice by using the high horse argument.

Grow up.

Walter White is a ****ty poster. We know this already.

Coming from the king of the First name Last name thread. Discuss.

Further, Heisenberg should not be posting pro UT pics of Klatt getting blasted. Klatt sucks at media but he is still a great BUFF and UTerus sucks.

Coming from the king of the First name Last name thread. Discuss.

Further, Heisenberg should not be posting pro UT pics of Klatt getting blasted. Klatt sucks at media but he is still a great BUFF and UTerus sucks.

Heisenberg is a UT grad, which, I'm assuming, is part of the contextual background which contributed to this current low-grade ****storm.

Why exactly did you feel compelled to post that picture of Klatt getting his bell rung by some longhorn exercising bad judgement?

I thought it would be amusing to supplement the numerous posts from Buffs calling Klatt a big dildo eating a bag of d*&$$ with said photo. Lighten up brother.

Or would you prefer I grow up and call him a dildo? Is that preferable? Good judgement?

I don't claim to know Joel, but met him once back in 2005. And my impression was that he was a genuine, humble, down to earth guy, who didn't owe me the time of day, but still took time out to chat about football and whatever else. You know how they always said that when you were talking to Neuhiesel, that he was always looking over your shoulder to see who else in the room he could be talking to? Well I never got that feeling from talking to Joel and he had every reason to do that since it was a Media Day event and I wasn't media.

I think Joel was hurt when a former player was held accountable for the tire fire that CU football had become and he lashed out. I would go so far as to say that he's probably sorry that he did. I think Joel is going to do well in his tv gig and our best case scenario is that he and the Athletic Department become friends again. I know that will take an effort on both sides, but I hope that it happens.

I don't claim to know Joel, but met him once back in 2005. And my impression was that he was a genuine, humble, down to earth guy, who didn't owe me the time of day, but still took time out to chat about football and whatever else. You know how they always said that when you were talking to Neuhiesel, that he was always looking over your shoulder to see who else in the room he could be talking to? Well I never got that feeling from talking to Joel and he had every reason to do that since it was a Media Day event and I wasn't media.

I think Joel was hurt when a former player was held accountable for the tire fire that CU football had become and he lashed out. I would go so far as to say that he's probably sorry that he did. I think Joel is going to do well in his tv gig and our best case scenario is that he and the Athletic Department become friends again. I know that will take an effort on both sides, but I hope that it happens.

I get it. In my personal experience, Joel was always as you describe. However, it is difficult to forgive some of what was said in the wake of the Embree disaster.

I think Joel's beef was with the departed AD, so I don't think it will be that tough for Klatt or George to reestablish a relationship.

I met Joel in 2004 and he was an awesome guy. He was humble and definitely sincere. I have a hard time believing he is the same jerk off we heard on the radio. His radio personality sucks.

Thinking about it, I'm sure he was told to be opinionated and controversial on his radio show. That's the formula.

Thinking about it, I'm sure he was told to be opinionated and controversial on his radio show. That's the formula.

Had DBT been told as a youngster to smoke a bunch of pot just because all of his buddies were doing it, would DBT have done it? Oops....bad example.

Pretty much. Also put the bottom of the barrel callers that say the dumbest **** on the air. It's called entertainment for a reason. It's controversial so that you keep coming back to re witness the train wreck. Otherwise, what's the point?

Klatt was a great Buff.

I thought it would be amusing to supplement the numerous posts from Buffs calling Klatt a big dildo eating a bag of d*&$$ with said photo. Lighten up brother.

Or would you prefer I grow up and call him a dildo? Is that preferable? Good judgement?

I'll be content with not seeing any more pictures of Buffs injuries being used for your amusement.

ok, will refrain

:thumbsup: I appreciate it.
You have no quarrel from me regarding the use of salty language. So far as I'm concerned, feel free to work through or around the profanity filter to your hearts content. Sticks and stones and all that.

Back