What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

John Henderson Is The Biggest

I doubt that Nebraska alums are all that prevalent. A lot of Kansas Alums in the area along with Michigan and Ohio State but CU and CSU would dwarf most other schools in the area (except for DU)...Anyway Henderson has always taken shots at CU and almost writes like he is a columnist for the Huskers. Print media is dying faster in Metro Denver due to the lack of local focus. The TV and Radio stations are heavily staffed with locals (not talking about just sports)...the Post seems to no get it.

I left print in 1998. No matter what they do subscriptions just keep dropping. Craigslist and Ebay pretty much killed classifieds which was a lot of money. As subscriptions count drop the rates they can charge for advertising does too. The Post used to fudge their numbers by having news stand boxes everywhere. Anyway, a full page ad used to cost about $20,000. As more and more people move online so has the advertising dollars. I think a lot of people in news papers are desperately trying to figure out anything they can do to preserve subscriptions.

If Henderson was not nihilistic, he might recognize that news is local, and that saving himself might also require writing about the local sports teams in a less abrasive tone.

He'll be insufferable next fall when his beloved Ducks come to town.

Actually, buckeyes are nuts. However,
Buckeye nuts contain toxic chemicals: glycosides, saponins and possibly alkaloids. The leaves and sprouts are toxic, too, especially in early spring. If the chemicals are ingested, you can develop stomach, intestinal, or nervous-system problems.

Which makes OSU fans toxic nuts.

Eh, Guess I was wrong. Not the first time, and certainly won't be the last.:lol:

Actually, buckeyes are nuts. However,
Buckeye nuts contain toxic chemicals: glycosides, saponins and possibly alkaloids. The leaves and sprouts are toxic, too, especially in early spring. If the chemicals are ingested, you can develop stomach, intestinal, or nervous-system problems.

Which makes OSU fans toxic nuts.

Since these are poisonous, I guess our only option for next year's OSU pre-game is to grill up some of these:

deer-eye-closeup2.jpg

Alferd's more of a foodie than I am.

Some Buff fans would eat a hurricane or a cyclone, or a green wave or a crimson tide, or a Hokie with the right sauce.

I've eaten the occassional crimson tide.

I picked up a nickname from the first time I did it--though that one was a complete surprise...

I've eaten the occassional crimson tide.

I picked up a nickname from the first time I did it--though that one was a complete surprise...

A nickname shared by a particular Detroit hockey team, presumably.

And the accompaning sauce might involve vodka, tomato juice, a dash of Worcestershire and tabasco, pepper, limon juice and a celery stick.

Or, more likely, a twelve of keystone light.

A nickname shared by a particular Detroit hockey team, presumably.

And the accompaning sauce might involve vodka, tomato juice, a dash of Worcestershire and tabasco, pepper, limon juice and a celery stick.

Or, more likely, a twelve of keystone light.

Too easy...this one ended in "clown".

Neg rep for henderson link. It has been discussed before to not give this guy the time of day.

I wonder if Henderson remembers Neuheisal faking a punt in that game when we were way ahead. I think Belotti crapped his pants. Good times.:thumbsup:

i wanna see one of you assholes eat a green wave.

I would not, could not in a boat. I would not, could not with a goat.
Not with a fox. Not in a box. In could not eat green tide and ham. I could not eat it, Sam I am.

**** Henderson and **** bowl games. They are nothing but glorified exhibitions that outside of your school playing you could give a crap who wins these games. Until we get a 8/16/32 whatever type of playoff system I'm not going to waste my time watching dopey bowl games from schools I could give a **** about.

**** Henderson and **** bowl games. They are nothing but glorified exhibitions that outside of your school playing you could give a crap who wins these games. Until we get a 8/16/32 whatever type of playoff system I'm not going to waste my time watching dopey bowl games from schools I could give a **** about.

What? How dare you criticize the perfect bowl system, a playoff would be a miserable failure, a failure I tell you!!!

What? How dare you criticize the perfect bowl system, a playoff would be a miserable failure, a failure I tell you!!!

Yeah because the Div 1AA playoffs have been such a failure. please. Nobody cares about these bowls games unless your team is in them.

edit: I think you are being sarcastic so disregard post.

Henderson is a douche. That being said, that game was with Hessler, right? I was coming back from Tahoe--driving between north lake Tahoe and listening to the game on the radio. And pulling over to barf about three times between NLT and Truckee. Good times.

ass **** in print media-

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_16990178

In 1996, when my Oregon Ducks played Colorado in the Cotton Bowl, I grilled buffalo burgers and had a stuffed buffalo hanging by its neck over the TV. The humiliation of Oregon's 38-6 loss was not aided by watching Nebraska cream Florida 62-24 to win the national title.

I was watching that game with my former high school principal. An Oregon grad and die-hard fan. He wasn't happy about the fake punt.

I was watching that game with my former high school principal. An Oregon grad and die-hard fan. He wasn't happy about the fake punt.

The oregano coach wasn't either. In skippy's defense, the weather conditions (wind, rain) and field position dictated that one -- the Buffs were too far away for a FG. I can't remember why skippy didn't want to send out the punt team, but the decision to go for it was correct. We were up like 31-6, so there was no reason to invite a mistake by either ST unit with 12 minutes left. CU got the first down, and iirc, scored the final TD.

That's the only decision I can remember agreeing with skippy.

But hey -- the body was lying on the silks, the lid was shut, and all the mourners had passed. Grab the hammer, only one more nail to set. Deal with it duckies.

Back