What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

John Henderson retiring

[tweet]416400437709783040[/tweet]

[tweet]416398123959713792[/tweet]

Professional

Seems awfully bitter for a guy retiring to Italy.

Seriously, John. Don't go away mad, just go away.

CWoxKOQXuIMbjRHxlUJoIgok.jpg20131227-2-hzd1tu

agHpGuTflCqEFDdBErjIZKfo.jpg20131227-2-l5s89g

abxmFfjIHFvPdPgziQQMoLQg.jpg20131227-2-1uee7zy

Last edited:
Henderson-since you are reading this, I am glad you are gone, I stopped reading your tripe a decade ago. You are the embodiment of the phrase "self-important douchenugget." Italy will love you the way they love a can of Franco-American Ravioli.

Denver Post Beat Writer

Per a Twitter Post from the official Allbuffs Twitter account, Henderson is retiring.

The Allbuffs account posted:

"@Allbuffs: Good riddance, @johnhendersondp"

To which Henderson, ever a class act, posted in reply:

"@JohnHendersonDP: @Allbuffs Why do you think I'd possibly care what Allbuffs thinks about me or The Denver Post?Sorry I didn't kiss anyone's ass."

(Sorry, I can't figure out how to do block quoting or twitter embeds through Tapatalk)

LOL, John John actually reads our crap? Hilarious. Just goes to show what a joke the old infotainment people are...while they masquerade as "journalists". No wonder print journalism is going into the can.....

Henderson is right. He was one of the very few in the media honest enough to ask difficult questions about the joke and total embarrassment CU has become in football. This current recruiting class adds to the lore - it's the worst on paper I have ever seen from any BCS program. With Henderson gone, the rest of the media and CU fans will just pretend it's just fine to recruit Mtn West/WAC level players and try to compete in the PAC 12.

[video=youtube;jQG7EoYJNA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQG7EoYJNA8[/video]

Good riddance. There is a difference between some objectivity when writing about a program and torpedoing them every chance you get. Not all journalism has to be negative.

Henderson is right. He was one of the very few in the media honest enough to ask difficult questions about the joke and total embarrassment CU has become in football. This current recruiting class adds to the lore - it's the worst on paper I have ever seen from any BCS program. With Henderson gone, the rest of the media and CU fans will just pretend it's just fine to recruit Mtn West/WAC level players and try to compete in the PAC 12.

Hey John, decided to stop in after all. You can follow along and get real Buff news and constructive commentary on this site in Italy. They have the internet too.

Good riddance. There is a difference between some objectivity when writing about a program and torpedoing them every chance you get. Not all journalism has to be negative.

This is a totally foreign concept to somebody like Hendo. He never recognized that he was part of the problem.

That's seriously ****ed up. No wonder Italy makes Benelli, the world's best shotgun.

You kill them after you **** them? What's wrong with you? You know Henderson is reading this and has a well established history of using other people's ideas!

Semper Gumby

Last edited:
He was supposed to be a SPORTS writer, and he thought he was important? Telling his readers the truth about CU football sucking might be akin to the DP printing weather reports after the fact.

Since we now know he was here at AB, I'm wondering which one of you negative posting douchebags is really a self-aggrandizing pedophile (I mean John Henderson, to be specific)?

He was supposed to be a SPORTS writer, and he thought he was important? Telling his readers the truth about CU football sucking might be akin to the DP printing weather reports after the fact.

Since we now know he was here at AB, I'm wondering which one of you negative posting douchebags is really a self-aggrandizing pedophile (I mean John Henderson, to be specific)?

buffs233 seems to arrive whenever someone rips on Henderson.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread....ael-Klahr-AM1510-FM93-7?p=1421575#post1421575

I said this on another board but with all the griping we did about Hendo it gets lost that at one point in his career he was a decent Journo - much of the stuff that came to light on UNLV under Tark was from John when he was at the LVRJ.

I think he just got lazy in his old age and with the newspaper guys lost they let him drive page views by being a lazy dick.

BTW being 57 and retiring to Italy doesnt suck.

My biggest issue with the Post is the quantity of coverage CU doesn't get. For instance, their has been, what, one thing, maybe two written on the bball team since CU cracked the top 20. There has been almost nothing on the football program since the season ended.

Now, maybe writing about CU sports doesn't sell and, in their minds, pay for the effort. But it matters to me and the lack of coverage is why I'm canceling when my subscription comes up. I don't think Henderson is a bad writer. But as beat writer for CU, he's shown very little effort in covering them.

I don't think the Post has to be a shill for the program. OTOH, a good college program in state would be good for their business. So a little promotion from time to time would be good business, seems to me.

Hi, John. Enjoy retirement. You were an awful writer. Just behind the terrible Kizsla for me.

Since the DP and the Daily Camera have the same parent company, maybe they will just print the Camera's beat articles in the DP. Even though some (including me) have expressed aggravation with Kyle Ringo from time to time, the Daily Camera's coverage of the buffs has been about 1000 times better than the Denver Post for years. The Buffs haven't had a decent beat writer in Denver since the Rocky Mountain News went belly-up, and BG Brooks started working for CU Athletics.

Serious question on the lack of football coverage since the season ended, DBT: what is there to report on?

What's the Italian translation for "How old are you?" I have a feeling Hendo is going to want to know that. The answer won't matter so much, but he'll need to be able to prove that he at least asked the question.

Back