What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

John Henderson retiring

Not saying it's true but I have it from an extremely unreliable and notoriously biased source that Henderson is actually "going on the lam" with Craig James as his traveling companion. Italy should keep a close eye on its hooker and underaged gymnast population......allegedly, of course.

So back to Skiddy's point.

Now that we have his attention, can we ask him about the timing of the January slander piece a few years ago? That was deeply suspicious.

This thread almost makes me want to cheer against the P12 at the Alamo Bowl.

:rofl: The journalistic equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?" The difference is we are a bunch of anonymous posters, just spouting off on a message board. Nobody takes us seriously, and speaking for myself, I don't expect to be taken seriously. Mr. High and Mighty Newsrag man actually expects to be taken seriously (except on some, ahem, questionable tweets). The problem is, I really doubt anything he writes is any better, quality-wise, than much of the stuff you find here. Pitiful. I actually feel sorry for him.

It's sites like ours that have pretty much killed his profession.

By the time the newspaper comes out, they're reporting history that we had already spent hours discussing when it was breaking news. And then his audience when he does publish something is a hell of a lot more knowledgeable on the topic than he is since we've heard from dozens of different people with different insights and viewpoints... argued it out. Huge change from the status a newspaper journalist used to enjoy.

It's understandable that he's bitter.

It's called clustering. Knight Ridder was very good at it in the 90s. They did it first and best with the San Jose mercury news and Contra Costa times and then added all the little papers in between. They traded the Camera to Scripps (Rocky Mountain News) for a paper back east someplace to form another cluster. Once they have a good cluster they consolidate operations and advertising, up sell advertising packages, while down sizing newsroom by sharing coverage in network.

Pretty sure that was the 80s. And it wasn't just good, it was awesome.

[video=youtube;Mo8Qls0HnWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8Qls0HnWo[/video]

The way Hendo - leotard lover is going out is a gift. A gift to all Buff fans everywhere. All class, just like his worthless tenure at the dp.

57 and all those years at the post and what will Johnny be remembered for?

No classic work. No exposes. Just his wonderful tweets at the Olympics and now.

Thanks Johnny for reinforcing your own petty legend as you exit.

A Christmas gift we will always remember.

This a jabillion infinity times......................end thread

So far, Kensler has been doing the writing. I'm assuming Hendo is gone but if he is, the Post sure didn't give him a rousing send off.

So far, Kensler has been doing the writing. I'm assuming Hendo is gone but if he is, the Post sure didn't give him a rousing send off.

He may be gone from the Post but unfortunately he's not gone from AllBuffs.

I work at the Camera in Boulder, at least they're still paying me. Trying to help out with recruiting stuff.

Last edited:
What a terrible blog post?! People actually read that crap? I especially like the part about him not being able to type on an Italian keyboard. My how worldly of him. What self respecting former columnist has to look at the keys to type?

What a terrible blog post?! People actually read that crap? I especially like the part about him not being able to type on an Italian keyboard. My how worldly of him. What self respecting former columnist has to look at the keys to type?
Hey, that transition from one Latin based language keyboard to another is quite rough!

Back