What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jon Major?

The lambs will be screaming in 2 1/2 weeks, mother ****er. About the same time dodger fan will be screaming.

i feel a thread split about to be required.

on your first point, you are correct! GO BUFFS!

on your second point, yes, the magic number is only like 39 or something, so the DODGERS will be screaming for joy soon enough. DODGER BLUE!

to get back on track, jon major thinks you are old, too!

It's kind of a gray area on this one. But calling a kid a disappointment based on his position on a depth chart before he is even given a chance to contribute sucks in my opinion. Whatever. I'm try to tell people what to say and think but mostly they are too stupid to take my wonderful advice.

FIFY:smile2:

You're probably okay, but we're just trying to keep the site with some semblance of dignity

:rofl2:

OK, but it seems to me that the site should be open to thoughtful, open discussion about CU football players -- the good and the bad. Trust me, I've been at AZ's site and know what it's like to only hear negatives. That's not my intent. I think my question is a legit one, and while it may not be something that people want to think about, I think it's supportable. I also agree that we shouldn't be throwing kids under the bus on a personal level. I hope Jon has a productive career at CU, and that he becomes a great LB/DE. And I hope he eats a couple of Jonas Bros. in the process.

I was going to comment on this, but I Junction does so in the next quote that is perfect.

That's why I say "if he hasn't seen the field due to injury". Even then, if a kid is continually "injured" for 4 years, eventually they become a disappointment. But Major has had one injury, missed one season, and is getting ready for season #2 as a redshirt Frosh. I'm disappointed at how his career has started, because it sucks he had to sit out that year, for him and for the team. But that is different than saying that HE is a disappointment...

Geez, he was hurt last year and limited in spring drills. First training camp at full speed. Geez, and he hasn't taken over the starting spot two weeks into his first injury free camp?:rolleyes:

I hope he makes me look like an idiot with his play.

Until then you are doing well on your own.:cool: Idot. (just for clarification of Allbuffs spelling)

Sportsfan the ram killer :smile2: What's up? Major will be fine. I have been caught up in expecting these hralded freshman to start and blow the world away but it's not realistic. We shouldn't be relying on freshman to lead our team, and hopefully in the coming years these guys can redhsirt like they should.

Is it time to declare Major a big disappointment? I know he's behind Mohler and Smart, but I would've guessed 2 years ago that he would be running way ahead of both guys. Smart and Mohler are both good LBs and better people, but the #1 recruit in Colorado last year should be ahead of both of them if he was living up to his ranking. Period.
Major was not even committed to the Buffs two years ago. WTF are you talking about?

Geez, he was hurt last year and limited in spring drills. First training camp at full speed. Geez, and he hasn't taken over the starting spot two weeks into his first injury free camp?:rolleyes:

Did you read what I said?? I said I was disappointed he couldn't play last year. I am pretty sure he is also disappointed he couldn't play last year. Am I disappointed in him? That would be pretty silly, considering he hasn't even had a chance yet.... :huh:

Did you read what I said?? I said I was disappointed he couldn't play last year. I am pretty sure he is also disappointed he couldn't play last year. Am I disappointed in him? That would be pretty silly, considering he hasn't even had a chance yet.... :huh:

Sorry, that was in agreement with what you said and was directed at him. Apparently did not make that clear. Sowee!!

1st post here on allbuffs..... Smart and Mohler are both good LBs and better people, but the #1 recruit in Colorado last year should be ahead of both of them if he was living up to his ranking. Period.

Wow! Has practiced all of 2 weeks since he's arrived last year. Isn't yet 100% or full go. Has probably participated in full contact play a handful of times. Is likely still very tentative about his knee injury. And you think he should be ahead of 2 seniors who have started 1 and 2 seasons each? What a disappointment!

Nice start!

How dare you expect significant contributions from a player in his 2nd year as a Buff!

What are you, an idiot or something?

:)

How dare you expect significant contributions from a player in his 2nd year as a Buff!

Your sarcasm suggests that you believe 101 is being martyred for his high expectations for this program and it's players.

Am I reading that correctly?

I've got no problems with expectations and high standards. However, there's no way to evaluate "significant contributions from a player in his second year as a Buff" before he even plays in a game. Not one. He has his full eligibility ahead of him.

So to rephrase, the issue in my mind isn't "expectations", but rather premature (and therfore unfair) evaluation.

Your sarcasm suggests that you believe 101 is being martyred for his high expectations for this program and it's players.

Am I reading that correctly?

Nope, not at all. I just find it slightly funny that the poster has gotten such a hard time for expecting so much, so soon out of a player who has never seen a live snap at the Div1 level, while I received some grief for saying we shouldn't expect too much, too soon out of a player who has never seen a live snap at the Div1 level. :cool:

Now of course there are some differences (yes, I saw it coming :smile:), but the overall concept is similar.

As far as my views on Major, do I think it's remotely near time to consider him a bust? Absolutely not. I think some put unrealistic expectations on newcomers, be they HS athletes or JUCOs.

Nope, not at all. I just find it slightly funny that the poster has gotten such a hard time for expecting so much, so soon out of a player who has never seen a live snap at the Div1 level, while I received some grief for saying we shouldn't expect too much, too soon out of a player who has never seen a live snap at the Div1 level. :cool:

Now of course there are some differences (yes, I saw it coming :smile:), but the overall concept is similar.

As far as my views on Major, do I think it's remotely near time to consider him a bust? Absolutely not. I think some put unrealistic expectations on newcomers, be they HS athletes or JUCOs.

I see your point now; however, the differences (as you anticipated) are somewhat glaring. If we were thin at any of the linebacker positions, we'd be looking to Major to step in and at least be functional. He'd be our great hope. Due to depth at the positions for which he'd compete, he has time to develop into something more than just functional.

In the case of Simmons, a functional, competant body would help take the pressure off of our possession receivers (erm...receiver) as well as the running game. We just need something to give us a new dimension in that role. I think the Simmons had demonstrated a sufficient skillset at the JUCO level to fulfill that role. Therefore the hope was a combination of need and demonstrated capability.

The similarities of your crucifiction and 101's are probably worth noting, but I'd argue that they're more different than they are similar.

The similarities of your crucifiction and 101's are probably worth noting, but I'd argue that they're more different than they are similar.

And that is something I expected.

The big, general point: Ease up on expectations in regards to immediate stardom of players who have never played at this level.

And that is something I expected.

The big, general point: Ease up on expectations in regards to immediate stardom of players who have never played at this level.

...and also ease up on expectations in regards to Darrell Scott, who ran in the shadow of Speedy last season. Right?:confused:

Back to Madden 09 for you posuer! All these demanding expectations! Easy to meet with that controller in your sweaty little hands---only this is reality! From your posts its obvious the most you've coached was the getting the beagle off the couch!

Get a grip and a life or go back to Huskerpedophilia!

I think Mania's expectations to change the expectations of other posters with his focus on expectations are unrealistic.

balls man... balls

australia-217.jpg

A couple of things:

Mr. Irrelvant was in reference to the fact that he was the last pick in the NFL draft.

I agree that I'm being hard on Major. Probably too hard. I had high hopes, and I hope he turns things around.

Skyko, thanks for the welcome.

I like AZ's site, but the $$$ adds up and 99% of the reports are really negative. I laughed when everyone said I was being negative about Jon Jonas after reading reports over on AZ's site about others. It's awesome that I've now got the reputation of being Mr. Doom and Gloom. I'm going to start wearing black eyeliner around the house and listen to more of the Cure.

By the way, I never said anything about Clark Evans. It's true I may be a dick for things I've said about Jeff Smart and Jon Jonas.

Now get off my lawn.

Don't worry - you aren't the only one around here with a rep as Mr. Negative. You guys should start a nifty social group!

Back to Madden 09 for you posuer! All these demanding expectations! Easy to meet with that controller in your sweaty little hands---only this is reality! From your posts its obvious the most you've coached was the getting the beagle off the couch!

Get a grip and a life or go back to Huskerpedophilia!

You are one strange dude. But we need more of that around here.

You are one strange dude. But we need more of that around here.

Strange? Maybe.......or no my Precious, maybe nots???

Ever notices when we calls some poster out, we gets no denials, jes' heaps and heaps of abuses????

Strange? Maybe.......or no my Precious, maybe nots???

Ever notices when we calls some poster out, we gets no denials, jes' heaps and heaps of abuses????
speaking of strange, this football season is bringing them out.

A couple of things:

Mr. Irrelvant was in reference to the fact that he was the last pick in the NFL draft.

I agree that I'm being hard on Major. Probably too hard. I had high hopes, and I hope he turns things around.

Skyko, thanks for the welcome.

I like AZ's site, but the $$$ adds up and 99% of the reports are really negative. I laughed when everyone said I was being negative about Jon Jonas after reading reports over on AZ's site about others. It's awesome that I've now got the reputation of being Mr. Doom and Gloom. I'm going to start wearing black eyeliner around the house and listen to more of the Cure.

By the way, I never said anything about Clark Evans. It's true I may be a dick for things I've said about Jeff Smart and Jon Jonas.

Now get off my lawn.
Jon Jonas? Man, do you have some kind of personal beef with Major? Did he dump your daughter or something?

Back